hi,
small holidays and testing winter, skiing, shu/sheng puerh and my infuser cup in one:)
Greetings
best
andrzej
ps
not Aspen or Les Trois Vallees;) but beautiful mountains on Poland/Slovakia border
sample from just opend shop of my friends
http://www.fivestartea.com/en_US/p/1995 ... -Pu-erh/34
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
I started to think about my a "close to hagi" glaze. You can see my first step in this direction. I know here on TC a lot of hagi experts/lovers.
I am curious what do you think.
best
andrzej
I am curious what do you think.
best
andrzej
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
Don't know enough Hagi tradition to make a judgement about the Hagi-ness, but that is a lovely effect with depth to ponder while drinking tea.
Feb 5th 12 7:29 pm
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
Likewise, I am far from an expert. BUT really beautiful effect!
It is a practice for a black or other color layer beneath the final layer in Hagi. This helps/allows the glaze to move and creates contrast and depth.
Often this requires 2 or three firings as layers are applied to create effects. The Ice Split for instance required 3 firings for 3 layers, but the final effect is amazing, though not easy to pull off.
It is a practice for a black or other color layer beneath the final layer in Hagi. This helps/allows the glaze to move and creates contrast and depth.
Often this requires 2 or three firings as layers are applied to create effects. The Ice Split for instance required 3 firings for 3 layers, but the final effect is amazing, though not easy to pull off.
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
Debunix thanks for your very encouraging post. If I will end far from "hagiyaki" but with something nice matching for tea I will be happy too.debunix wrote:Don't know enough Hagi tradition to make a judgement about the Hagi-ness, but that is a lovely effect with depth to ponder while drinking tea.
Chip wrote:Likewise, I am far from an expert. BUT really beautiful effect!
It is a practice for a black or other color layer beneath the final layer in Hagi. This helps/allows the glaze to move and creates contrast and depth.
Often this requires 2 or three firings as layers are applied to create effects. The Ice Split for instance required 3 firings for 3 layers, but the final effect is amazing, though not easy to pull off.
Thanks for you encouraging but also informative post Chip. I did not know about multifirings technic for hagi.
best
andrzej
Feb 6th 12 5:35 pm
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
... Though I would not say these multi firings are common in Hagi, they do occur.
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
sure, you didn'tChip wrote:... Though I would not say these multi firings are common in Hagi, they do occur.
btw black houhin from one of my last firing
best
andrzej
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
news from the kiln
http://aneybo.blogspot.com/2012/03/nowosci-z-pieca.html
sorry but I could not upload pics directly here.
saluto,
andrzej
http://aneybo.blogspot.com/2012/03/nowosci-z-pieca.html
sorry but I could not upload pics directly here.
saluto,
andrzej
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
The first teapot is wonderful! Congratulations.
Morning sun in morning darjeeling tea...
Morning sun in morning darjeeling tea...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
Petr,
Thanks for a little "enlightenment" on my tread. Is that really my? I forgot I did not make only whitish in the inside:)
Nice you like my teapot. I like wild nature of clay of all items. It is a mix of different, very grogy clays and one of them (taken from sewage pipe factory!) gives black spots.
best
andrzej
Thanks for a little "enlightenment" on my tread. Is that really my? I forgot I did not make only whitish in the inside:)
Nice you like my teapot. I like wild nature of clay of all items. It is a mix of different, very grogy clays and one of them (taken from sewage pipe factory!) gives black spots.
best
andrzej
Mar 12th 12 12:44 am
Posts: 1796
Joined: Sep 15th 09 8:11 pm
Location: Wilton, New Hampshire USA
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
andrzej,
That "close to Hagi" glaze of yours is looking like a good start.
best,
...............john
That "close to Hagi" glaze of yours is looking like a good start.
best,
...............john
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
John, thank you very much, but since that time I am still in the same position. I wanted to make it more "shrinking" and singlefired - but result was more even:) I will need more theoretical research but now I have to prepare for some coming fairs;)JBaymore wrote:That "close to Hagi" glaze of yours is looking like a good start.
best
andrzej
edit: one letter:)
Last edited by andrzej bero on Mar 19th 12 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
Some fairs are coming in the end of March so I fast posted new pictures from unloded kiln.
http://aneybo.blogspot.com/2012/03/nowo ... alszy.html
thanks for your visit:)
http://aneybo.blogspot.com/2012/03/nowo ... alszy.html
thanks for your visit:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
And Now for Something Completely Different ... texture of a teapot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud
... and a teapot itself
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.