Jul 29th, '12, 13:43

Re: Official/Different Yixing Show Off Topic!

by ChinesePottery » Jul 29th, '12, 13:43

daylight.jpg
daylight.jpg (46.23 KiB) Viewed 1625 times
130ml & 120ml

Jul 29th, '12, 13:46
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jul 29th, '12, 13:46

ChinesePottery wrote:
daylight.jpg
130ml & 120ml
We Miss you here CP :) ~ T

Jul 29th, '12, 15:04
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jul 29th, '12, 15:04

吳亞彪 National Craftsmen. 2009 Black Iron Sand mixed. "Spring Fountain" Pot. High Fired. Medium thick wall. Great sand recipe with gold and purple sand added. Used for DaHongPao and now it is searching for a new tea to pair.

Jul 29th, '12, 21:58

by ImmortaliTEA » Jul 29th, '12, 21:58

TIM wrote:Thank You IT for your kind words on my humble collection. I started out using 150 plus sizes 15 or more years ago. Slowly, I found the right spots on 40-60 ml for daily personal usage. Mainly due to finding higher and rarer tea consumption... The large pots for solo drinking no longer make sense.

Besides the price, they need so much more attention and thoughts while appreciating, collecting more smaller one makes it functional and more affordable in time and money wise. Also mainly because smaller ones are more mass product and easier to get better clay comparing to larger pots. Just my 2 cents :) enjoy your tea journey and don't rush in. ~ T
That makes perfect sense and yes it does seem to take quite a while of tea drinking and appreciation to slowly start decreasing the sizes of ones yixing teapots to finally come to the conclusion of 40-60 ml for personal use and if it weren't for you I would have never even thought about buying a 40 ml tiny teapot but then one day my father offered to buy me some tea and and a teapot from my favorite tea shop for my birthday and since I had just started researching Xiao Pins I decided to just dive in and get the little blue brother and to this day it still makes the best cup of tea out of my entire collection. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction in my tea journey Tim and I will never forget all of your words of wisdom!

Jul 29th, '12, 22:05

by debunix » Jul 29th, '12, 22:05

Some of my loveliest tea sessions have been with my cheapest tiny pot--the $5.99 50 mL pot from Wing Hop Fung which has been so nice for Dan Congs.

Jul 30th, '12, 12:14

by tkellyd » Jul 30th, '12, 12:14

Hello all:

Just love the big pots. Anyone for iced tea? I think they'd be perfect for iced tea.

- T

Jul 30th, '12, 12:58

by ChinesePottery » Jul 30th, '12, 12:58

TIM wrote:
ChinesePottery wrote:
daylight.jpg
130ml & 120ml
We Miss you here CP :) ~ T
I miss tea-chatting too, just soo little time.... barely have enough to enjoy my tea, talking about it even less so

Jul 31st, '12, 19:18

by needaTEAcher » Jul 31st, '12, 19:18

TIM wrote:Image

Ba le (芭乐) 110ml QingShuini + Zisha Factory 1 army. Bottom stamp made by Jingxi Xuanmengchen / 荆溪惠孟臣制. What year?
Tim, you posted Qing Shiuni, but it looks red. Could this be what the Koreans call Hong Qing Shiuni?

Jul 31st, '12, 19:45

by wyardley » Jul 31st, '12, 19:45

needaTEAcher wrote: Tim, you posted Qing Shiuni, but it looks red. Could this be what the Koreans call Hong Qing Shiuni?
Some types of qing shuini often have a reddish / orangeish tint (though some of the color may be from the lighting also).

See also
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=194062#p194062
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=9129
for some more discussion of this.

Jul 31st, '12, 21:31
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jul 31st, '12, 21:31

wyardley wrote:
needaTEAcher wrote: Tim, you posted Qing Shiuni, but it looks red. Could this be what the Koreans call Hong Qing Shiuni?
Some types of qing shuini often have a reddish / orangeish tint (though some of the color may be from the lighting also).

See also
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=194062#p194062
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=9129
for some more discussion of this.
It's really entertaining to see the first post back in 4/11/2011 :lol: Thanks Will for digging this up.

Jul 31st, '12, 22:31

by needaTEAcher » Jul 31st, '12, 22:31

Thanks for the links. I can never find these good ones on my own. I end up sifting through stubs and unrelated threads all day!

I am as confused as ever with the conversions between Korean and Chinese clay categories. Seems like there are more minute categories in Chinese distinctions, but less larger, looser categories than the Korean system.

I think I have been wrong to group Hong Qing Shuini with Hongni (they have a few layers of Hongni, so I thought it fit in), but rather should group it with Qing Shui Ni. Thanks for the help!

Anyone heard of something called Juni (rough transliteration from Korean). It looks and feels like Hongni to me, but they maintain the distinciton. Not Zhuni (they have that category too!).

Aug 1st, '12, 05:52

by ImmortaliTEA » Aug 1st, '12, 05:52

needaTEAcher wrote:Thanks for the links. I can never find these good ones on my own. I end up sifting through stubs and unrelated threads all day!

I am as confused as ever with the conversions between Korean and Chinese clay categories. Seems like there are more minute categories in Chinese distinctions, but less larger, looser categories than the Korean system.

I think I have been wrong to group Hong Qing Shuini with Hongni (they have a few layers of Hongni, so I thought it fit in), but rather should group it with Qing Shui Ni. Thanks for the help!

Anyone heard of something called Juni (rough transliteration from Korean). It looks and feels like Hongni to me, but they maintain the distinciton. Not Zhuni (they have that category too!).
I was under the impression that Juni was just the proper pronunciation of how to say Zhu Ni in that the Zh makes a J sound so perhaps that's why they spelled it differently but just a theory!

Aug 1st, '12, 11:09

by needaTEAcher » Aug 1st, '12, 11:09

ImmortaliTEA wrote:
needaTEAcher wrote:Thanks for the links. I can never find these good ones on my own. I end up sifting through stubs and unrelated threads all day!

I was under the impression that Juni was just the proper pronunciation of how to say Zhu Ni in that the Zh makes a J sound so perhaps that's why they spelled it differently but just a theory!
I thought that at first, but they were quick to let me know that zhuni has its own category in Korea!

Aug 1st, '12, 11:12
Vendor Member

by TIM » Aug 1st, '12, 11:12

孟臣 110ml Zhuni with Friends. Just love to share the 10 years plus patina.

Aug 1st, '12, 11:18
Vendor Member

by TIM » Aug 1st, '12, 11:18

Toki's Private teapot. For the lion hunter from Rhodesian :wink:

+ Post Reply