Shincha 2008 Lineup

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 8th, '08, 16:08

by Jack_teachat » May 8th, '08, 16:08

I missed the postman today with my Yutaka Midori :( Will pick it up tomorow morning and report back! :D

May 8th, '08, 16:23

by auggy » May 8th, '08, 16:23

Chip wrote:
auggy wrote:
Chip wrote:Pentox, I am really thinking the other grades are gone from Den's. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn the selections did not state "out of stock" previously. I know I missed them last year after waiting too long.
When I ordered from them last week (non-shincha) all of the shinchas were out of stock. So unless they just went really fast, I think you are still safe.

A little loopy from all the shincha you have purchased, but safe.
Loopy :lol: ...is that like caffeinated from the shincha Hatsumi???

OK, maybe I am wrong...there is a first for everything. :wink:
Maybe giddy is a better word. Or maybe the giddiness over shincha is what led you to order the large amounts... Your postman is going to hate you. :wink:

May 8th, '08, 17:14
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » May 8th, '08, 17:14

witches brew wrote:
Chip wrote:
Let the witch try the pinnicle!!! :wink: The shincha traditional was a top 3 of all the shincha I had last year...very different, but intensely veggie.
:) I just ordered some. And the third shincha I'll be tasting will be ItoEn's best. I don't think it is in stock yet, and I don't have time to go uptown until next week.

And to think I was planning to skip shincha until I knew more about green tea...silly me.
Instead, you are drinking some of the best shinchas on the planet. What changed your mind? I mean, there is no middle ground here for you. All or nothing, but you are definitely smitten all of a sudden (and your caffeine tolerance seems to be improving as well...that is good news!!!)

I odered the Super Premium version by accident (wanted the Premium...just decided to let the mistake go). I have yet to try any of their Pinnacle grade anything. You are killing me WB? :lol:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 8th, '08, 17:18

by Chip » May 8th, '08, 17:18

Pentox wrote:Ooo yay. Now I can wait to see if I want to order the pinnacle or not based on WB :)
I see you have 2 choices based on this comment, buy it now...or buy it later. The GREEN witch will surely place us all under another spell.

I seem to have figured out the Hatsumi and am noW trying the Kirameki. This is a classy brew, not overtly assertive, slightly grassy with a noticable floral background. I plan to have fun with this, try brewing it differently. I think this can handle it, with the excetion of water that is too hot.

EDIT...I am trying the Kirameki...said I am not.. :roll:
Last edited by Chip on May 8th, '08, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

May 8th, '08, 17:50

by JT » May 8th, '08, 17:50

I just got this reply from Den.

"Shincha Houryoku will be started to sell from tomorrow since we just
received today and are preparing now. I am sorry for the confusion.
Please look forward to this year's Houryoku. It is excellent! (I will
put my tasting comments on our website next week.)

Thank you again.

Den Shirakata
Den's Tea"

May 8th, '08, 18:26

by bambooforest » May 8th, '08, 18:26

The Shincha Houryoku looks fascinating. Whoever has ordered this, please be sure to let us all know what its secrets are.

May 8th, '08, 22:31

by witches brew » May 8th, '08, 22:31

Chip wrote:
witches brew wrote:
Chip wrote:
Let the witch try the pinnicle!!! :wink: The shincha traditional was a top 3 of all the shincha I had last year...very different, but intensely veggie.
:) I just ordered some. And the third shincha I'll be tasting will be ItoEn's best. I don't think it is in stock yet, and I don't have time to go uptown until next week.

And to think I was planning to skip shincha until I knew more about green tea...silly me.
Instead, you are drinking some of the best shinchas on the planet. What changed your mind? I mean, there is no middle ground here for you. All or nothing, but you are definitely smitten all of a sudden (and your caffeine tolerance seems to be improving as well...that is good news!!!)

I odered the Super Premium version by accident (wanted the Premium...just decided to let the mistake go). I have yet to try any of their Pinnacle grade anything. You are killing me WB? :lol:

Life is too short to do anything half-arsed!

The way I am handling the caffeine is by only drinking a small cup of tea each day, and still drinking a lot of tisanes. Notice that I only comment on second infusions when I have a guest who wants a second cup.

May 9th, '08, 00:55

by greenisgood » May 9th, '08, 00:55

Ha, I drink Japanese tea to relax and maybe take a nap after a few steeps. I can't imagine getting a caffiene buzz from it...I guess my sometimes steady stream of espresso at work dulls the old receptors. But seriously, if you can feel the o-cha I bet coffee would be like some hard core amphetamines or something.

May 9th, '08, 13:28

by olivierco » May 9th, '08, 13:28

Eventually Kirameki arrived today. I will be able to taste it sunday or monday.

Only three shincha for me this year: Kirameki, Kaburagien and Miyabi in a week or two.

May 9th, '08, 17:21

by JT » May 9th, '08, 17:21

Den's Shincha Houryoku and Kunpu are now available to order. I couldn't resist so I got both.
Hashiri is now sold out. I'm glad my paranoia made me order it yesterday.
I may have too much tea coming and still a few yet to order. Time to figure out and start a cold storage system of my own.
Will this Shincha madness ever stop!

May 9th, '08, 17:35

by bambooforest » May 9th, '08, 17:35

JT wrote: Will this Shincha madness ever stop!
No

May 10th, '08, 01:59

by olivierco » May 10th, '08, 01:59

Miyabi won't be sent before 20th may...

May 11th, '08, 00:46

by Pentox » May 11th, '08, 00:46

<sigh>

Den's sold out of the Hashiri the day they released the 88 nights. dangit....

May 11th, '08, 01:40

by Chip » May 11th, '08, 01:40

Pentox wrote:<sigh>

Den's sold out of the Hashiri the day they released the 88 nights. dangit....
A wise man said 2 days ago, he who hesitates does not get the Hashira. I will have Hashira Wednesday!

I will have the 88 nights in about a week, proof that one can have his Hashira and have 88 Nights too!

May 11th, '08, 12:44

by inspectoring » May 11th, '08, 12:44

I think I will get mine around Tommorow -....although I have to admit - I am a bit nervous. I usually don't like bitter taste in sencha (just brings out old memories of my inability to make an acceptable cup of tea) and Den's tea just told me that it has a hint of bitterness. I ordered 4 of these.

+ Post Reply