Re: Official Pu of the day
STarted the day with a few more infusions of those same leaves of the Bonay puerh--a pleasant awakening.
Re: Official Pu of the day
Jess shared with me a sample of the 2004 Xinghai Cooked puerh. I sampled it tonight(thank gosh it was only a sample) and I have to say I won't be having it again. Just not my thing anymore, that shu puerh.
Jul 12th 12 4:22 pm
Posts: 2228
Joined: Jul 22nd 09 2:55 pm
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Re: Official Pu of the day
2005 ( I think) Changtai Yiwu
(Old photo wrapper is no where near as nice now)

2005 Changtai Yiwu Zhengpin wrapper by Adam Yusko, on Flickr
The tea still tastes decent, but it has little else going for it, my system seems to think its basically flavored water.
(Old photo wrapper is no where near as nice now)

2005 Changtai Yiwu Zhengpin wrapper by Adam Yusko, on Flickr
The tea still tastes decent, but it has little else going for it, my system seems to think its basically flavored water.
Jul 14th 12 10:04 pm
Posts: 2228
Joined: Jul 22nd 09 2:55 pm
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Re: Official Pu of the day
Late 90's Grand Yellow Label.
Better than I remember it, but it still definitely had some really funky storage at one point in time. Not to mention the huge question about this one is how much Shu is in the Bing, the leaves seem to suggest quite a bit.
Better than I remember it, but it still definitely had some really funky storage at one point in time. Not to mention the huge question about this one is how much Shu is in the Bing, the leaves seem to suggest quite a bit.
Re: Official Pu of the day
AdamMY wrote:2005 ( I think) Changtai Yiwu
(Old photo wrapper is no where near as nice now)
2005 Changtai Yiwu Zhengpin wrapper by Adam Yusko, on Flickr
The tea still tastes decent, but it has little else going for it, my system seems to think its basically flavored water.
Have you had the 04 blue stamp version? it's miles ahead of the 05 IMHO. like a completely different cake alltogether.
Jul 16th 12 3:39 pm
Posts: 2228
Joined: Jul 22nd 09 2:55 pm
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Re: Official Pu of the day
bryan_drinks_tea wrote:AdamMY wrote:2005 ( I think) Changtai Yiwu
(Old photo wrapper is no where near as nice now)
2005 Changtai Yiwu Zhengpin wrapper by Adam Yusko, on Flickr
The tea still tastes decent, but it has little else going for it, my system seems to think its basically flavored water.
Have you had the 04 blue stamp version? it's miles ahead of the 05 IMHO. like a completely different cake alltogether.
Sadly no, I have only had the 05 version. But I have heard that the 04 is far superior.
Re: Official Pu of the day
tongqinghao 2010 green labeled, first cake ever!
someone gifted me a cake, not bad, like brewing it longer and it comes out pleasant
someone gifted me a cake, not bad, like brewing it longer and it comes out pleasant
Re: Official Pu of the day
I got ahead of myself today.....first thing this morning, i prepared a thermos full of the same "Bo Nay Tea" puerh I've been enjoying for a couple of weeks, but after I drank a few extra infusions, I didn't touch the thermos until I got home, accompanied by a new package of puerhs and samples from Yunnan Sourcing. It is very hard to be disciplined and finish off the known, tasty enough but not brilliant shu, with the new shengs that were so dramatically scenting the package with anise and herb odors.
Re: Official Pu of the day
2011 Autumn Mang Zhi from The Tea Urchin.
Brewing this pretty strong, still easy to drink.
Brewing this pretty strong, still easy to drink.
Re: Official Pu of the day
Just getting started with a delightful new puerh, 2012 Yunnan Sourcing "Yi Wu Purple Tea". It's a lovely smooth young sheng.
Re: Official Pu of the day
Last of my sample of Moonlight White 2007 Sheng from Bana. I think I'll probably get a cake of this, it's very nice. No bitter, nice and smooth, sweet with a pretty long complex aftertaste. Really relaxing, meditative qi.
Re: Official Pu of the day
tongqinghao 2010 green labeled cooked + YPH 2004 yiwu
Teamwork at it's best
Teamwork at it's best
Re: Official Pu of the day
How did you brew it? I've still got some of my sample packet, but my first try wasn't as successful as yours.GREENWOODSTUDIO wrote:Last of my sample of Moonlight White 2007 Sheng from Bana. I think I'll probably get a cake of this, it's very nice. No bitter, nice and smooth, sweet with a pretty long complex aftertaste. Really relaxing, meditative qi.
