Weekend TeaDays 1/8-9/11 Humor me please?!

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Do you have a humorous or interesting tea story or stories based on personal experience (or perhaps someone you know)? Please share with us. And you have 2 days to think about this!

YES, several
7%
Yes, at least one
14%
Maybe, let me think about it
43%
I do not think so, but will think about it anyway
29%
I do not think so, period
7%
NO
No votes

Total votes: 14

Jan 9th, '11, 10:22

Re: Weekend TeaDays 1/8-9/11 Humor me please?!

by grammyof6 » Jan 9th, '11, 10:22

:lol: :lol: Famous Fake Tea Pot :lol: :lol: Clever, gave me a chuckle.

The only thing I can think of that is funny now is a visit with my in-laws about 10 years ago. My sister in law pulled out her lovely "huge" and apparently "bottomless" teapot and beautiful tea cups all excited about her new favorite tea. It was raspberry tea, as we sat there visiting every time I took a small sip there she was pouring more in even though I said several times "oh no thank you, I'm fine". Add in the fact that she had left the leaves in the pot and it got stronger and more bitter as the days went on, ok,you caught me, I'm pretty sure it only felt like days. Now I didn't want to hurt her feelings or my sweet mother in laws by saying I didn't like it because they were so excited to introduce me to a new tea. So I slowly sipped, she added and so on and so on until finally the gallons of tea that kept coming out of her pot were gone. By the time we left I was queazy as all getout and to this day I can not drink or eat anything that even hints of raspberry. I know I should have been honest and told them "this is not my cup of tea" but they are so dog gone sweet I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings for anything.

This morning I am drinking a simple black tea out of a Shelley Spring Bouquet tea cup. Have a good rest of the weekend everyone.

Jan 9th, '11, 16:57

by TubbyCow » Jan 9th, '11, 16:57

This is a great topic! I'm sorry I can't think of anything brilliant to add.

Drinking young sheng all day today using my brand-spanking-new Zojirushi! How I lived without one is beyond me...

Jan 9th, '11, 22:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 9th, '11, 22:56

Thanks for the stories, too few though. :mrgreen: I still cannot remember the story I was thinking when I created this topic. Must not have been as interesting or funny as I thought. :lol:

Great TD beginning with Yutaka Midori with the Mrs. which means "abundantly green" literally in Japanese ... not sure where they got that name. :wink:

YM in SnowDrift Hagi SO 14 by Eiichi!

Jan 10th, '11, 10:33

by Marco » Jan 10th, '11, 10:33

Hey Chip, if you don't like a cup, put it on TeaSwap and not on your car :mrgreen:

A colleague told me that he got a new staff member and told him that everyone in his group has to go through a initiation including sharing tea with them. He made some Shu Pu - didn't wash it - steeped it for some minutes - and gave it to him. I'd love to see his face after trying. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yesterday I've been 8 hours in the train. When I finally arrived in Graz I had some 2008 Xiaguan "Happy Tuo".

ciao
Marco

Jan 13th, '11, 13:14

by msurads06 » Jan 13th, '11, 13:14

Ok, so here is a funny story that happened to me yesterday. I was expecting a package from Rishi and one from Special teas. According to the tracking info they were out for delivery so i was sitting in the living room watching for the UPS truck. I see him pull up on the other side of the street and grab two boxes, he delivers them to my neighbor across the street's house, gets back in his truck and starts to drive away!! About this time i see my neighbor come out of his house with the boxes and give them back to the ups guy who then brings them to my house. oops!! fortunately it was remedied before i had to run down the street chasing the truck going wheres my stuff???

Jan 13th, '11, 18:52
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 13th, '11, 18:52

Marco wrote:Hey Chip, if you don't like a cup, put it on TeaSwap and not on your car :mrgreen:
Well, it was certainly never Hagi, usually "dollar cups" from Chinatown or similar. :mrgreen: