by Chasm » Mar 22nd, '11, 22:53
While Teasource is lovely for black teas, they have something like three Japanese greens and their senchas are, well, dull and boring? In my opinion, of course. Japanese teas are not remotely their thing and they only include a couple for those who ask.
I do sometimes drink their gyokuro, because I found a way to make it where I really love the results I get and it's great on an upset stomach. I have no idea whatsoever what it really is, though, since I've never been able to get a harvest date or source on it. I've been assuming it's a big ol' blend of something or other. If I'm wrong, I hope someone thwacks me for it.
Chip, if I happen to get some again, what if I sent you a sample? I'd be curious to know what you think of it, just to increase my own understanding of Japanese greens.