Aug 22nd, '12, 17:47
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: How do you display your bowls/cups?

by Lerxst2112 » Aug 22nd, '12, 17:47

MarshalN wrote:You guys clearly don't have cats.
Amazingly (and thankfully) enough, Jai-ja never disturbs my tea ware or the knick-knacks I have displayed. I have a wall which separates the living room and dining room, and it has cutouts in it. There are a lot of fragile things there, but, while she's small enough to get up there, she doesn't. My main problem is her fur all over, which is why most of the tea ware is in the kitchen cabinet, and when I am ready to brew with what stays on my table, it gets rinsed out first off.

I guess I should probably move my every day teaware off the table, as several days ago, I found one of her toy mice in my gaiwan. (she picks them up by either the tail or ear and flips them.) :lol:

Aug 23rd, '12, 16:53

by bryan_drinks_tea » Aug 23rd, '12, 16:53

Just to add a little variety to the mix:

I don't show off my teaware unless it is for friends who are interested - and they have to ask first. It's that I don't believe in showing off what I have, because tea is about enjoying tea and being happy with others, not telling others of your baubles and wares. :) Of course, I'm not accusing anyone here of doing that.

Aug 23rd, '12, 18:47

by teasme » Aug 23rd, '12, 18:47

Wow, very nice displays everyone. I don't have one of my own to show but this thread has definitely inspired me to start a collection.

Aug 23rd, '12, 21:41

by rhythmaning » Aug 23rd, '12, 21:41

bryan_drinks_tea wrote:Just to add a little variety to the mix:

I don't show off my teaware unless it is for friends who are interested - and they have to ask first. It's that I don't believe in showing off what I have, because tea is about enjoying tea and being happy with others, not telling others of your baubles and wares. :) Of course, I'm not accusing anyone here of doing that.
Well, we may not be "friends" per se, but suffice it to say, we're interested! Feel free to show off! Personally, for me, tea can be enjoyed out of a tin cup, but a significant part of the experience is an equally special piece of pottery to hold it in, no? And I am brainstorming ideas on how to display them in my home to further my enjoyment of them. So no need to be shy.... :wink:
Gary

Aug 24th, '12, 09:51

by teasme » Aug 24th, '12, 09:51

rhythmaning wrote:

Well, we may not be "friends" per se, but suffice it to say, we're interested! Feel free to show off! Personally, for me, tea can be enjoyed out of a tin cup, but a significant part of the experience is an equally special piece of pottery to hold it in, no? And I am brainstorming ideas on how to display them in my home to further my enjoyment of them. So no need to be shy.... :wink:
Gary
I agree that part of the joy of drinking tea also has to do with the experience and cultural aspect of it. I'm sure we all have our own rituals that we like to do while drinking tea. I know I do and it all ties together. the bowls and cups we drink it in can be just as important so I too am interested in seeing how others display their teaware. :)

Sep 1st, '12, 09:18
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 1st, '12, 09:18

On my kitchen counter. Seriously, I do all my tea drinking at my home/office, and I have a very simple collection of cheap JingDe teaware!

Sep 5th, '12, 02:37
Vendor Member

by blairswhitaker » Sep 5th, '12, 02:37

"...no matter how fine the articles you own may be, hiding them away will do no good. Tea dogu will only come to life if you allow them to breathe, and let them be viewed and appreciated by others. Dogu are not dead things; they have life. And accordingly, as long as I do the temae according to my chafu or turn of mind concerning Tea, my tea bowl will tell my guests a story on my behalf. This is what Tea is all about." - Sen Genshitsu

Jan 21st, '13, 15:00

by vacuithe » Jan 21st, '13, 15:00

Half my teaware.
I have another place where I display a few cups.
Sadly, my 2 matcha bowls are in a drawer. I wish I have space enough to display them too :?
Attachments
TWARE.jpg
TWARE.jpg (12.81 KiB) Viewed 984 times

Feb 3rd, '13, 16:26

by debunix » Feb 3rd, '13, 16:26

I do have a cat, but am hoping this new display will not attract her....

Jun 29th, '13, 15:52

by AdamMY » Jun 29th, '13, 15:52

I thought about this post recently, and due to growing pains things have changed slightly, not to mention I also moved, but the cubby's are still the center point of my display.

Teaware display by Adam Yusko, on Flickr

Teaware display (1) by Adam Yusko, on Flickr

Teaware display (2) by Adam Yusko, on Flickr

Teaware display (3) by Adam Yusko, on Flickr

Teaware display (4) by Adam Yusko, on Flickr

Curious if anyone else's displays have changed, or if other people want to share theirs?

Jun 29th, '13, 16:20
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » Jun 29th, '13, 16:20

:shock: you have more warez than I do
Though...I might have as much cupping equipment...every single one...exactly the same :lol:

Jun 29th, '13, 16:26
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Jun 29th, '13, 16:26

MarshalN wrote:You guys clearly don't have cats.
:lol: :lol:

Jun 29th, '13, 16:47
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Jun 29th, '13, 16:47

This is close to the best that I could do :lol: Nobody dares to complain in my house :mrgreen:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq70 ... 1372538774

Jun 30th, '13, 18:02

by Peacock » Jun 30th, '13, 18:02

How bad is your TAD Adam? If you being heavily medicated for it, and that's not working perhaps it is time to try shock therapy.

Jul 1st, '13, 14:54

by Evan Draper » Jul 1st, '13, 14:54

gingkoseto wrote:This is close to the best that I could do :lol: Nobody dares to complain in my house :mrgreen:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq70 ... 1372538774
Yummy tinies! Adam, where can I get one of those wee gaiwans you were brewing with in your video!

+ Post Reply