User avatar
Apr 14th, '13, 02:16
Posts: 400
Joined: Jul 23rd, '09, 01:54
Scrolling: fixed

Re: 3 most hated teapots.

by TomVerlain » Apr 14th, '13, 02:16

I decided to browse the fleabay yixings and saw immediately the three original teapots shown. I then saw this, with 5 bids and $71 ... people should be beaten over the head for bidding on this shoe polish special. I admit I have paid my tuition before, but not to this tune.

Image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251256878505

User avatar
Apr 14th, '13, 02:22
Posts: 714
Joined: Feb 12th, '13, 21:21
Location: South Bronx, NYC

Re: 3 most hated teapots.

by futurebird » Apr 14th, '13, 02:22

I have no idea if that's fake or really old. :?

The fact that it is darker on the inside than out, and it has some hand-made touches means it's "better" than the three slip-cast pots I posted.

But beyond that I just don't know enough to say if the bidders are suckers or not.
...ebay...

User avatar
Apr 14th, '13, 05:55
Posts: 261
Joined: Feb 6th, '13, 15:21
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: 3 most hated teapots.

by Muadeeb » Apr 14th, '13, 05:55

$T2eC16hHJHoE9n3KhWyOBRZoKeV)(g~~60_3.JPG
$(KGrHqFHJFYFD1bLi!J+BQ9y2mj+p!~~60_57.JPG
I find these disturbing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Apr 14th, '13, 13:28
Posts: 139
Joined: Jan 16th, '13, 20:23
Location: Netherlands

Re: 3 most hated teapots.

by NPE » Apr 14th, '13, 13:28

While looking at Mr. Shoepolish posted by TomVerlain, I could not help but be distressed by thispopping up in the top bar. I just wonder who would want this????... Well, at least so far people seem to have been underwhelmed by it: no bids so far (breathes sigh of relief)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Apr 14th, '13, 13:32
Vendor Member
Posts: 2084
Joined: Sep 24th, '08, 22:38
Location: Boston, MA

Re: 3 most hated teapots.

by gingkoseto » Apr 14th, '13, 13:32

This chicken looks so mean! :lol:

User avatar
Apr 14th, '13, 15:14
Posts: 714
Joined: Feb 12th, '13, 21:21
Location: South Bronx, NYC

Re: 3 most hated teapots.

by futurebird » Apr 14th, '13, 15:14

maybe because water comes out of its nose?

User avatar
Apr 14th, '13, 20:01
Posts: 321
Joined: Feb 19th, '13, 05:40

Re: 3 most hated teapots.

by yalokinh » Apr 14th, '13, 20:01

futurebird wrote:maybe because water comes out of its nose?

Hopefully not through the other end

User avatar
May 15th, '13, 14:12
Posts: 714
Joined: Feb 12th, '13, 21:21
Location: South Bronx, NYC

Re: 3 most hated teapots.

by futurebird » May 15th, '13, 14:12

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chinese-Zisha-P ... 20d2a9dea0

I don't know that link might not even be "work safe" though it's in the eye of the beholder...

But look guys it's only 99 cents and ~free shipping~ :lol:

What is the deal with this tea pot, You'd need to pay me to own it.