I have been using the method of 1/4 the size of the brewing vessel and steeping for 30 secs for the first infusion and increasing the steep time by around 10 secs for each subsequent infusion. I use water that is just under boiling (the bubbles have just stopped).
I have a Sama Doyo brewing vessel (http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMA-EC-20-High ... 5652892212) and the infusion basket is about 170 ml in size. Since the bottom is a convex shape, it is difficult to estimate what exactly 1/4 the volume would be but I do my best.
Does anyone have a tea to water ratio that I might be able to use to measure out an exact amount for brewing this type of Black tea Gongfu style?
Also, I am never quite sure if my subsequent infusion times are good or if they could be altered a bit. Still trying to figure that part out.