80/90's Yixing & Hand-signed Hokujo (free tea w/ purchase)

Tea or pot doesn't float your boat? Find it a new home here.

Jun 5th, '17, 21:05

Re: 80/90's Yixing & Hand-signed Hokujo (free tea w/ purchase)

by Ferg » Jun 5th, '17, 21:05

victoria3 wrote: haha you love that Hokujo pot, its a sign from the heavens... just hold with two hands
Ha, thanks Victoria. You're probably right. This girl has been on my case for awhile now to try Japanese tea for the first time. Just couldn't tell her no. :D Good reason to pull it.

Jun 6th, '17, 22:58

by Ferg » Jun 6th, '17, 22:58

Just a quick update. Half the pots are gone. I am willing to separate the dragons if someone wants one. Making another round of shipments tomorrow. Let me know if interested and I can try to get yours out too. Thanks.

Jun 6th, '17, 23:25

by Zared » Jun 6th, '17, 23:25

Sad to see that green label gone already. Looks like great clay.

Jun 7th, '17, 07:57
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 7th, '17, 07:57

Ferg, I'll take the darker of the dragons. :) I wanted to get one when EoT had it and held off! I've actually had two fakes before and now I can have a real one! Just PM me your PayPal info again and I'll send the funds right over!

Jun 7th, '17, 08:53

by Ferg » Jun 7th, '17, 08:53

jayinhk wrote: Ferg, I'll take the darker of the dragons. :) I wanted to get one when EoT had it and held off! I've actually had two fakes before and now I can have a real one! Just PM me your PayPal info again and I'll send the funds right over!
PM sent. Running off to work, but I'll try to get yours out too now. Going to be a quick wrap! :D

Jun 7th, '17, 19:35

by Ferg » Jun 7th, '17, 19:35

Zared wrote: Sad to see that green label gone already. Looks like great clay.
Sorry Zared. I had several inquiries on the green label. It went right away! And unfortunately I have no more on-hand.

I do have to say the pot felt unlike any other of the 2 dozen + Yixing that have been through my hands. It was super smooth on the outside, likely due to a high firing, the inside perhaps less so. And it had a super fast pour. Unfortunately, I never gave it a whirl, so cannot comment on performance.

David and Kathy from EoT just got back from an extended tea sourcing trip throughout China. A variety of cakes went up this week, but I am sure some pots will soon follow. Keep your eyes peeled and continuing to hit that refresh button! :lol:

Jun 7th, '17, 20:01

by Zared » Jun 7th, '17, 20:01

The clay from pictures alone looked really nice. If it's anything like my 45ml shuiping with similar looking clay than it's gonna be a killer pu pot.

Jun 10th, '17, 00:51
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 10th, '17, 00:51

Received the dragon pot today, as well as the tea! Thank you Ferg! I put the shincha in the fridge since I already have an open bag of sencha.

Also, I managed to get the head moving freely--it only took a little wiggling for a minute or two! I thought I might be able to get it moving. Looking forward to trying it out! No clay aroma after a cold water rinse so it seems quite high fired.

Jun 10th, '17, 01:01

by Ferg » Jun 10th, '17, 01:01

jayinhk wrote: Received the dragon pot today, as well as the tea! Thank you Ferg! I put the shincha in the fridge since I already have an open bag of sencha.

Also, I managed to get the head moving freely--it only took a little wiggling for a minute or two! I thought I might be able to get it moving. Looking forward to trying it out! No clay aroma after a cold water rinse so it seems quite high fired.
Haha, can't believe you got it moving! I was too afraid to mess with it. You, sir, are braver than I. :o
Last edited by Ferg on Jun 10th, '17, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 10th, '17, 08:10
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 10th, '17, 08:10

Ferg wrote:
jayinhk wrote: Received the dragon pot today, as well as the tea! Thank you Ferg! I put the shincha in the fridge since I already have an open bag of sencha.

Haha, can't believe you got it moving! I was too afraid to mess with it. You, sir, are braver I. :o
Yeah I have broken quite a few things by messing around with them too much. In this case I was careful and my fidgety nature paid off! :lol: Thanks for getting the teapot out so quickly!

I had to send FedEx a signed fax because of the change of address. Fortunately I live by a 7-11, and here in Hong Kong, fax machines, Taobao pickups and bill payment are part and parcel of the services offered! You can even charge your phone at 7-11 here and come back later to pick it up!

Jun 10th, '17, 10:30

by Ferg » Jun 10th, '17, 10:30

jayinhk wrote:
Yeah I have broken quite a few things by messing around with them too much. In this case I was careful and my fidgety nature paid off! :lol: Thanks for getting the teapot out so quickly!

I had to send FedEx a signed fax because of the change of address. Fortunately I live by a 7-11, and here in Hong Kong, fax machines, Taobao pickups and bill payment are part and parcel of the services offered! You can even charge your phone at 7-11 here and come back later to pick it up!
Funny that a 7-11 saved the day! :lol: Glad you received the pot safely. Will have to snap an action shot (with dragon neck out) once you put it to use.

Jun 10th, '17, 20:47

by Ferg » Jun 10th, '17, 20:47

I do love this pot, but I told myself I wouldn't put it up for sale again unless I replaced it with another Hokujo. Well, that came to pass, sooner than expected. With that, this is back on the market! I ordered a dozen shincha selections (half kamairicha, five asa, and a fuka) from Thes-du-Japon a few nights back. Should be here any day now. I'll up the 100gram offer to any two bags of shincha (30-100 grams each depending on tea) from my 20 selections for the year. I'm also throwing in both this tea caddy I got last week and tea scoop too. Again, stock photos available upon request. Thanks for taking the time to look!

Jun 12th, '17, 07:18

by CheekyChipmunk » Jun 12th, '17, 07:18

Just a quick post from a happy customer,

I received my package on the other side of the world after 3 working days so was initially pleased about that. Then I unwrapped the pots and all was as advertised, top quality stuff at a great price and unused... On top of all of that , Ferg also included a bunch of tea and some cups as a bonus. What more could you want! As suggested, the clay of the small zini is something pretty top notch. Silky smooth to the touch, smelled perfectly neutral after being boiled for an hour or so and the pot itself is very well finished and has very nice proportions. I haven't had a chance to feed it with sheng pu yet but I'm sure i won't be able to resist posting more about this pot soon! The heisha is also top notch, should make a very nice shou pot! For those of you deliberating about one of the other pots that remains unsold, hurry up and make the purchase, you won't regret it!

Cheers,

CC
Attachments
IMG_1423.JPG
IMG_1423.JPG (60.12 KiB) Viewed 658 times

Jun 14th, '17, 15:57

by Haddemall » Jun 14th, '17, 15:57

Man, I love that Hokujo, shame its so big. Good luck, Ferg.

Jun 14th, '17, 20:31

by Ferg » Jun 14th, '17, 20:31

Haddemall wrote: Man, I love that Hokujo, shame its so big. Good luck, Ferg.
Thanks Haddemall. The one I just got to replace it is even bigger! :D

+ Post Reply