that reminded me of my ikea tumbler, i put in tea in the morning before work, it was too hot to drink on my break, then my lunch, then finally, when i got home at close to 11, it was still steaming, but drinkable.shogun89 wrote:In my opinion the absolute best teapot for a beginner is a cast iron pot. Thats the first pot I ever got. I have the one that you see on my avatar, I bought it from www.teavana.com for $70. Please do not get discouraged from the price. Each one of Teavana's pots are handmade In Japan from a natural coal fire and sand mold casting techniques. they say each pot goes through the hands of 17 craftsmen before its done. Each one has a porcelain coating on the inside, and all come with a replicable stainless steal infuser. I once tried to see how long I could keep black tea at a good temperature in a full pot. 2 hours latter it was still semi hot/warm and quite enjoyable. These pots also season after time on there own if you do not wipe the inside after rinsing them in water after use. They are just all around great pots so check them out. Have fun choosing your new pot, just look at all different styles and get the one that suits you.
as for everyones suggestions, it's quite a bit to take in, but i think i'll work my way trough this list, might take me some time.
also, as far as burning myself, i've lost some feeling in my fingertips from working in a kitchen, so that's not a big worry. thanks again!
