User avatar
Sep 5th, '08, 02:13
Posts: 1953
Joined: Apr 6th, '08, 23:02
Location: British Columbia, Canada

by chamekke » Sep 5th, '08, 02:13

tenuki wrote:--> Here's <-- how the cool kids do it...
Thank you for the link :D I do feel there should be applause after all those drum rolls!

Love the baleful expression of the cat. He (?) doesn't seem too thrilled. Maybe you need to try gong fu on some catnip.
______________________

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

User avatar
Sep 5th, '08, 02:23
Vendor Member
Posts: 1990
Joined: Apr 4th, '06, 19:07
Location: NYC

gaiwan info...

by TIM » Sep 5th, '08, 02:23


User avatar
Sep 5th, '08, 02:31
Posts: 5151
Joined: Dec 21st, '06, 04:33
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: gaiwan info...

by Salsero » Sep 5th, '08, 02:31

Wow! So who is Yumcha? I have never seen such lovely gaiwans (unless you count a jade one I saw in a museum). I see no plates with any of them. Do the very finest gaiwans not come with plates? No chicken-fu available for those sweet babies. The little bit of history in that post was wonderful. Thanks for sharing it, Tim.

User avatar
Sep 5th, '08, 02:42
Posts: 1953
Joined: Apr 6th, '08, 23:02
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: gaiwan info...

by chamekke » Sep 5th, '08, 02:42

Superb blog! Another one to bookmark. I really look forward to watching this one.
______________________

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

User avatar
Sep 5th, '08, 06:11
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

by Victoria » Sep 5th, '08, 06:11

Oy! I did not need to see this with my current gaiwan obsession going on!
Just stunning!
Thank you!

User avatar
Sep 5th, '08, 13:08
Posts: 7
Joined: May 29th, '08, 23:37
Location: Denver, CO

Re: gaiwan info...

by cerulean » Sep 5th, '08, 13:08

Whoa... Those are some very cool gaiwans. Thanks for the link! :)

User avatar
Sep 5th, '08, 19:15
Posts: 505
Joined: Jun 1st, '08, 15:57
Location: The Golden Horseshoe

by heavydoom » Sep 5th, '08, 19:15

tenuki wrote:--> Here's <-- how the cool kids do it...
hey ten,

loving the cat, garden and the mesmerizing video editing skillz.....in that order. :lol:

User avatar
Sep 5th, '08, 19:53
Posts: 1936
Joined: May 22nd, '06, 15:28
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!

by hop_goblin » Sep 5th, '08, 19:53

MarshalN wrote:
hop_goblin wrote:Or, alternatively, you could find a thicker porcline gaiwan.
False, the thicker it is the hotter it gets. You want thin walled -- as thin as possible.
Well, all I know is that I have a thin walled gaiwan that I have to use ovenmits to handle while brewing. :lol: