Tuesday TeaDay 11/25/08 Tea on a schedule?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is contributed by Eastree. He asks whether your tea is enjoyed on a schedule? Do you plan your TeaTimes?

I enjoy my tea on a regimented schedule
2%
I lean towards enjoying my tea on a schedule
19%
Maybe
13%
I do not think so
21%
Definitely not
44%
Other
2%

Total votes: 62

Nov 25th, '08, 12:11

by Pentox » Nov 25th, '08, 12:11

I'm a bit of both. There are times when I almost always have tea, and then there are the more spontaneous times.

Pretty much every day when I get to the office I make a pot of something. And normally saturdays start with a few cups, but aside from that it's whenever.

O-cha yame gyo this morning.

Nov 25th, '08, 12:16

by omegapd » Nov 25th, '08, 12:16

100% regimented during the work week. If I miss a time, I wait until the other time comes around.

Off days- not so much. I always bring a mug of tea or coffee when I pick my kids up from school but then it turns into whenever.

Nov 25th, '08, 12:22
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Nov 25th, '08, 12:22

ToT Baozhong in my cup this morning. Trying to finish off this one.
Nice but unremarkable.

Nov 25th, '08, 12:43

by Rakuras » Nov 25th, '08, 12:43

Sche-dule...? Oh, right, planning in advance for a very chaotic and random life. Nah, not much. The closest to a schedule I have is that I try to eat at around 2-3pm and enjoy a cup with the meal. This is of course not perfect but so's life.

In the cup: something that should never be but it is early enough that it was deemed necessary: an AMP energy drink. The slightly less chaotic family is going out of town and I've Black Friday to work so I'm out on that so they're cooking lots of food on the stove so no hot water for me. Guess some other drink will have to do :\

Nov 25th, '08, 12:49

by Dr. Eel » Nov 25th, '08, 12:49

no strict schedule. sometimes i will plan out a tea for the evening or something, like houjicha, but nothing serious. just tea whenever i can.

Nov 25th, '08, 13:14

by geeber1 » Nov 25th, '08, 13:14

'Maybe', meaning that I have certain times that I feel that I NEED to have tea, such as in the morning, and it fits into the schedule at the same time every morning. Usually I like to have a cup when I get home from work to shake off the work stress, but that doesn't always happen. :(

Like most everyone, the weekends are more relaxed and I drink tea at my convenience.

This morning have iced Nilgiri Tamil Nadu blend from TeaSource. This is growing on me as a favorite for iced tea.

Lovely photos today, guys!

Nov 25th, '08, 13:25

by Shelob » Nov 25th, '08, 13:25

The only tea scheduled is when I first get up...no matter what time it is I have tea first thing!

This morn, MATCHA. with my Sencha watching while Mordor played. {They are my kitties and when I can figure out how to do, will post pics!} I'm awful with a camera. :oops:

Next will be oolong 18 Adagio.
Lator, everyone have a FAB TeaDay!!!!
Ove those pics today 8)

Nov 25th, '08, 13:33

by Victoria » Nov 25th, '08, 13:33

By the way - Congratulations to the Most Unusual Teacup Competition winners!!
It was a TIE between Carnelian & Fencerdenoctum!

My thanks to all who voted, thanks Chip and thanks Adagio
for the prizes!

Nov 25th, '08, 14:01

by Shelob » Nov 25th, '08, 14:01

Ditto on congrats to the winners!

I am behind in tea consumption today, so I already moved on to the oolong!
What will be NEXT :arrow:

Nov 25th, '08, 14:05

by chad » Nov 25th, '08, 14:05

Definately not on a schedule! :D

Often I'll have a cup of coffee at the house and in the care (travel mug mode) but lately I've been fixing chai for travel.

I drink from my selection of teas at work all day long.

In the evenings I either switch to decaf or go with some chamomile.

Started today with chai in the travel mug and have been working through multiple infusions of Pai Mu Tan this morning at work.

Nov 25th, '08, 14:07

by kymidwife » Nov 25th, '08, 14:07

I drink lots of tea, all day long, every day. In truth, I rarely am without tea, ready to drink in a cup or glass, and more brewed or brewing in wait. Some might say that's a constant schedule, but to me, it's no schedule at all. I drink tea when I want it, unless I am in a place where I just can't get any at the moment; and in that event, making tea when I get home is usually a top priority.

In my cup now is Margeret's Hope Darjeeling from TeaSource, thanks to some nice samples from Caligatia... thanks! It's darker than the Darjeelings I've been drinking, an autumnal flush, but nicely aromatic and flavorful. I was actually really craving something sort of astringent on my tongue, so I intentionally slightly overbrewed the 2nd infusion, and I got my wish. Very tasty.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Nov 25th, '08, 14:20

by olivierco » Nov 25th, '08, 14:20

Yuncui (chinese green) just after dinner. Nothing exceptional.

Nov 25th, '08, 15:13

by shogun89 » Nov 25th, '08, 15:13

I would have to say I am on a slight schedule. When I get home form school (2:40) I usually brew up some then, then after dinner from 8-11.

Nov 25th, '08, 15:21

by teaguru » Nov 25th, '08, 15:21

I can't say that I have an exact schedule, but I sort of have one...at least while I'm at work. I start drinking tea the moment I walk in the door, and the moment my cup is empty I pour in more. My schedule isn't so much a schedule as a constant sipping of tea.

When I'm at home I usually have a cup with breakfast, another after lunch, one in the afternoon, one after supper, and then a herbal to send me off to bed, but it all depends on what's going on that day.

In my cup right now is Adagio's Black Vanilla with a shot of milk. I nice way to wind down after 4 hours of hectic and frantic shipping. I'm starting to hate FedEx.
I believe drinking tea makes me a better artist. But hey, I also believe I'm completely sane.

Nov 25th, '08, 15:52

by Victoria » Nov 25th, '08, 15:52

In my cup now - Farmer's Choice Boazong from FLT
Urrrrrgh!! Back to work! So busy today.