Let's Make Matcha!

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

User avatar
Jun 20th, '09, 20:24
Posts: 375
Joined: Jun 15th, '09, 11:05
Location: Lat: N 59º 37' 3.79" Long: E 17º 49' 35.49" or thereabouts

Re: Let's Make Matcha!

by sriracha » Jun 20th, '09, 20:24

chingwa wrote: and to those who can read the Japanese
At least I recognize the kanji for tea. A few hours of frantic googling and the kana will make sense... :oops:

Jun 21st, '09, 01:03
Posts: 495
Joined: Jan 31st, '09, 17:41
Location: midwest, Sanibel wannabe

by Dreamer » Jun 21st, '09, 01:03

Mmmmm, matcha!

Here are a couple of matcha pics I took yesterday playing with my new camera (It has a "cuisine" setting and I used whatever light was in my kitchen at the time...incandesent and sunlight).

Nope, I don't sift, just scoop and go!
Image

Mmmmm, really, who wants to stop now and take a picture???
Image

Have fun,
Dreamer

User avatar
Jun 21st, '09, 01:20
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

by Victoria » Jun 21st, '09, 01:20

Ohhhhhhhhhhh nice in white!! Can we get a better look at that chawan?

Jun 23rd, '09, 03:44
Posts: 495
Joined: Jan 31st, '09, 17:41
Location: midwest, Sanibel wannabe

by Dreamer » Jun 23rd, '09, 03:44

Victoria wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhh nice in white!! Can we get a better look at that chawan?
Actually, this is my Seigan Rainbow Hagi bowl.
Here are a few pics I snapped today...trying to capture all the colors.
Image

Image

Image

And these magnificent massive feet!!
Image

I also love the topline and inside view.
Image

Wish I could have a bowl of matcha right now!

Happy sipping,
Dreamer

User avatar
Jun 23rd, '09, 03:58
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

by Victoria » Jun 23rd, '09, 03:58

Ya know, I that that was what it was!
Very cool! Nice crazing, are you getting
any on the outside yet?

User avatar
May 10th, '11, 09:27
Posts: 1093
Joined: May 2nd, '09, 09:36
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Re: Let's Make Matcha!

by bonjiri » May 10th, '11, 09:27

chingwa

honored

fantastic demo !

very cool !
humble thanks !

User avatar
May 10th, '11, 14:46
Posts: 107
Joined: Feb 15th, '11, 23:34
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Let's Make Matcha!

by jaderabbit » May 10th, '11, 14:46

Very professional looking! Props!

I'm still waiting for my first matcha order from O-cha to come in.... :cry:

User avatar
May 10th, '11, 17:04
Posts: 2794
Joined: Oct 17th, '08, 01:01
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Let's Make Matcha!

by Drax » May 10th, '11, 17:04

Wow.

2 years after.

I'm only mildly curious as to ask, "why now?"

:roll:

In any case, the original poster is pretty neat, but the Japanese grammar is terrible. I'm not even sure what "外人いったら抹茶を飲むないをください" is trying to say... and what it's close to saying is sort of insulting...

User avatar
May 20th, '11, 01:24
Posts: 401
Joined: Nov 9th, '08, 01:46
Location: NYC

Re: Let's Make Matcha!

by chingwa » May 20th, '11, 01:24

haha, oops missed this...

@Bonjiri, you are very welcome thank you again for the nice Chawan.

@Drax, I guess the dry humor has worn off a bit after two years :D in any case, it's good to look back and see Japanese mistakes, and to realize after all that with practice you do improve after-all (albeit slowly for sure).

User avatar
May 20th, '11, 10:43
Posts: 2794
Joined: Oct 17th, '08, 01:01
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Let's Make Matcha!

by Drax » May 20th, '11, 10:43

chingwa wrote:@Drax, I guess the dry humor has worn off a bit after two years :D in any case, it's good to look back and see Japanese mistakes, and to realize after all that with practice you do improve after-all (albeit slowly for sure).
Ahh, dry humor. I think I get it now. At least I caught the intent in the other parts.

I know the feeling about looking back and seeing improvement. Yet, it's still very frustrating to pick up a 1st grader's book and have to look up 50% of the words... :lol:

User avatar
May 21st, '11, 05:51
Posts: 317
Joined: Nov 22nd, '10, 01:00

Re: Let's Make Matcha!

by SlientSipper » May 21st, '11, 05:51

AHA!
That's what I need.
A sifter.
Not the Seki
or the Chawan
I already have that but, need that Fliter!
Duh!
why didn't I think of that before!
Thank you very much!!!

I will savor that Shinegawa Matcha from Uji yet!