These are both the same cone 6 crawl glaze on the same clay body. The top doesn't have any slip design and has a thin layer of Blue Hare's Fur under the crawl glaze. The bottom is has been slip stenciled, but is otherwise naked under the crawlglaze.
The slip stenciled designs have been the design element that has pushed the development of my work during the past year. The process does dictate the forms though. I love texture, but the paper stencils aren't keen on cooperating with intensely textured surfaces. Up until this spring, most of my cone 6 pallet was limited to either glossy or matte glazed surfaces on fairly tightly thrown forms.
This morning I posted the 2nd part of a demo showing how I'm create my stenciled slip designs on my Studio Blog at
http://fetishghost.blogspot.com/search?q=Paper+Stencils
The demo could really use some feed back. Admittably I'm not following the usual format, but it's what the kids and I came up with.