Aug 10th, '11, 01:07
Vendor Member

Re: Tea Pets/Tea Mascots

by IPT » Aug 10th, '11, 01:07

:cry:

Aug 10th, '11, 09:41

by twinofmunin » Aug 10th, '11, 09:41

IPT wrote:He looks so happy in his new home! Great setup!

It looks like your venus flytrap is curious about the new member of your tea family and sent a flower to investigate. :lol:
I've never had one bloom before... it was also standing upright right up until the flower actually opened. Thanks again for your help! :D

The little phoenix was much more easily acquired -- a mass-produced, no-name clay little guy I chanced upon in the bonsai section of the local gardening store. :P

Tea pets, tea pets *dancedance*

Aug 10th, '11, 09:58

by auhckw » Aug 10th, '11, 09:58

Saw these at a teahops...

Aug 10th, '11, 22:41
Vendor Member

by IPT » Aug 10th, '11, 22:41

twinofmunin wrote:
I've never had one bloom before... it was also standing upright right up until the flower actually opened.

I have never seen one bloom before. Does it have a fragrance? What do you feed it, or does it catch its own food? I tried to grow them a few times, but they never lasted long.

Were you doing the official Tea Dance?

Aug 10th, '11, 22:43
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 10th, '11, 22:43

IPT wrote:
twinofmunin wrote:
I've never had one bloom before... it was also standing upright right up until the flower actually opened.

I have never seen one bloom before. Does it have a fragrance? What do you feed it, or does it catch its own food? I tried to grow them a few times, but they never lasted long.

They go dormant, so it might have been "resting."

Aug 10th, '11, 23:48

by twinofmunin » Aug 10th, '11, 23:48

IPT wrote:I have never seen one bloom before. Does it have a fragrance? What do you feed it, or does it catch its own food? I tried to grow them a few times, but they never lasted long.

We had one at my parents' house for my entire childhood; I don't remember it ever blooming... it doesn't have a fragrance that I can pick up, but my mere human olfactory sensors may not be up to the task...

I have fed it an already-dead fly and a couple of ants, which I'm not really sure was a good idea. Other than that, I haven't had it long... maybe a few months. I haven't noted it to catch its own food, particularly... I think my parents' did, but I can't be sure. Theirs lived for several years, in any case. I didn't think this was a great spot for a plant, particularly a swamp one, because it's dry and out of the way... so either it's actually happy here and therefore blooming, or it's quite unhappy here and making a last-ditch effort to spread its genes to a more hospitable locale. ;)

There's an official Tea Dance? :o Maybe I was; I wouldn't know! Goodness, I'll have to find myself some lessons.

Sep 2nd, '11, 17:36

by DarkenedSun » Sep 2nd, '11, 17:36

Hi all. I'm new to the board. I just recently learned of tea pets and so of course, I've been obsessively scouring the internet for information. :lol: I came across this thread and am delighted to see all the lovely pets.

I found one that I really like but I do not think I can justify paying $225 for a tea pet. I'm not the best at searching for stuff on the internet so I'm wondering if some of you would help me find a cheaper one that is similar to this one?
t2fldtxj4xxxxxxxxx_49676410.jpg
t2fldtxj4xxxxxxxxx_49676410.jpg (20.91 KiB) Viewed 1280 times
If not, I'm still happy having found this place. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures! :D

Sep 2nd, '11, 18:37

by Chip » Sep 2nd, '11, 18:37

Welcome to the forum!

They are quite cool TeaPets.

Try contacting IPT via the forum messaging, he might be able to locate something similar.

There are a few other members who might either be able to source them or know where to look.

Sep 2nd, '11, 20:53

by nrstooge » Sep 2nd, '11, 20:53

ok, where is everyone getting their tea pets? I was born in the year of the rat, so would like a smallish one.. or even a cat if I could find one. Any linkys would be appreciated or if you can... PM me. I'm in central US and there aren't many tea shops around here.

Sep 2nd, '11, 21:01

by Herb_Master » Sep 2nd, '11, 21:01

Rats :D

IPT has a fondness for Tea Pets and sells them on his site :wink:

IPT has a daughter who was born in the year of the Rat! So Teapet Rat research has been a great interest to him.

PM him and I am sure he will have many Rats he either currently has available or can acquire for you!

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=16110

Sep 2nd, '11, 22:51

by tingjunkie » Sep 2nd, '11, 22:51

IPT wrote:Here is another addition to my rat tea pet collection. This rat is rather large and stands 15cm high. It is seperate from the pillow and the coins on the tail move. The zisha is rather nice, for a tea pet.
That is one awesome tea rat IPT! I have a nicely done smaller one, but he looks pretty mean. Your rat has a much better disposition! As the owner of two real pet rats, I have a sweet spot for any rattie teaware.

Sep 2nd, '11, 22:54

by tingjunkie » Sep 2nd, '11, 22:54

DarkenedSun wrote: I found one that I really like but I do not think I can justify paying $225 for a tea pet. I'm not the best at searching for stuff on the internet so I'm wondering if some of you would help me find a cheaper one that is similar to this one?
Those are EPIC! Straight out of Dark Crystal or the Labyrinth or one of those similar creepy 80's movies. Not worth $225 to me, but if you do find them cheaper, please share the info!

Sep 3rd, '11, 00:43

by ChinesePottery » Sep 3rd, '11, 00:43

I took some pictures the other day in a shop in the Dingshan CeramicsCity.
They are not the best and a bit out of focus, but I thought i'd share them here anyways. The shop specializes in tea pets. The pictures are mostly of toads as i had been asked about those, but a few other pets are visible too as well as fake peanuts.
1.jpg
1.jpg (89.9 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (137.81 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (106.63 KiB) Viewed 1224 times

+ Post Reply