Shincha 2008 Lineup

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 11th, '08, 14:24

by bambooforest » May 11th, '08, 14:24

inspectoring wrote: Den's tea just told me that it has a hint of bitterness. I ordered 4 of these.
You ordered four cans of Hashiri? Wowzer!!!! That's gutsy. I'm sure you can brew it in a way in which bitterness wouldn't really be an issue. Simply lower the temperature, and decrease steep time. I'm sure you can make this tea exactly to your liking.

May 11th, '08, 22:17

by inspectoring » May 11th, '08, 22:17

bambooforest wrote:
inspectoring wrote: Den's tea just told me that it has a hint of bitterness. I ordered 4 of these.
You ordered four cans of Hashiri? Wowzer!!!! That's gutsy. I'm sure you can brew it in a way in which bitterness wouldn't really be an issue. Simply lower the temperature, and decrease steep time. I'm sure you can make this tea exactly to your liking.
I know - it is gutsy....it is all witches brew's fault...that review got to me in the middle of the night and I could not resist. All I can hope for is that I will be lucky if I love that tea half as much as witches brew did.

Time will tell my friends...time will tell....

May 11th, '08, 23:31

by joelbct » May 11th, '08, 23:31

inspectoring wrote:I know - it is gutsy....it is all witches brew's fault...that review got to me in the middle of the night and I could not resist.
Haha I hear ya, last week I had a few late-night impulse tea and teaware purchases myself...

May 12th, '08, 14:40

by insanitylater » May 12th, '08, 14:40

farmer's shincha from hibiki arrived

i like the fact they separated it

ignore the chinese greens XD

May 12th, '08, 15:12
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » May 12th, '08, 15:12

insanitylater wrote:ignore the chinese greens XD
How can we ignore those beautiful Chinese greens!

Today the Hibiki An Shincha Fuka arrived as did the Den's Hashiri and I have Maiko Kinari waiting in the TeaFridge. I am a little hesitant to open more for my three green partners, since Aphro hadn't even received her Fuka Sup as of Sat due to the postage increase. Maybe Friday I will mail out a couple more.

May 12th, '08, 15:18

by Pentox » May 12th, '08, 15:18

ShinCha wrote:
Pentox wrote:<sigh>

Den's sold out of the Hashiri the day they released the 88 nights. dangit....
A wise man said 2 days ago, he who hesitates does not get the Hashira. I will have Hashira Wednesday!

I will have the 88 nights in about a week, proof that one can have his Hashira and have 88 Nights too!
Actually I managed to get some Hashiri from Den's. Apparently they marked it as sold out since their stock was low and they didn't want to get flooded with orders over the weekend. They emailed me and let me add some on my order.

May 12th, '08, 16:49

by insanitylater » May 12th, '08, 16:49

drinking farmer's shincha and it's making me so happy :D
it's a pain to get into teaspoons though

May 12th, '08, 18:07

by bambooforest » May 12th, '08, 18:07

Pentox wrote: Actually I managed to get some Hashiri from Den's. Apparently they marked it as sold out since their stock was low and they didn't want to get flooded with orders over the weekend. They emailed me and let me add some on my order.
I'm rather curious about the Hashiri. I am wondering if I regret not purchasing it. Either way, congratulations to all those brave shincha nuts who bought it. Kan pei!

May 12th, '08, 18:47

by nezha » May 12th, '08, 18:47

Insanitylater, how is the Farmer's Shincha? I was thinking about ordering it...would you say it is sweeter/less astringent than "regular" sencha? I was hoping the leaving in of stems (karigane??) might have that effect.

May 12th, '08, 18:51

by Chip » May 12th, '08, 18:51

nezha wrote:Insanitylater, how is the Farmer's Shincha? I was thinking about ordering it...would you say it is sweeter/less astringent than "regular" sencha? I was hoping the leaving in of stems (karigane??) might have that effect.
Logic would seem to concur, plus it has unsorted leaf which tends to mellow the brew a bit. I ordered it because I have wanted to try an "aracha" in shincha form. It is overdue by a day or two.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 12th, '08, 19:39

by Pentox » May 12th, '08, 19:39

ShinCha wrote:
nezha wrote:Insanitylater, how is the Farmer's Shincha? I was thinking about ordering it...would you say it is sweeter/less astringent than "regular" sencha? I was hoping the leaving in of stems (karigane??) might have that effect.
Logic would seem to concur, plus it has unsorted leaf which tends to mellow the brew a bit. I ordered it because I have wanted to try an "aracha" in shincha form. It is overdue by a day or two.
Curiosity got to me as well. I ordered some for myself as well.

May 12th, '08, 20:46

by Chip » May 12th, '08, 20:46

Pentox wrote:
ShinCha wrote:
Curiosity got to me as well. I ordered some for myself as well.
Oh, congrats on the Hashira score!!! You are a worthy opponent. :wink:
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

May 12th, '08, 21:16

by greenisgood » May 12th, '08, 21:16

ha, insanity. I thought that looked like some weird sencha in the glass.

May 12th, '08, 21:39

by bambooforest » May 12th, '08, 21:39

Well, I e-mailed Den of Dens Tea. Indeed, he still has some Hashiri left as of my e-mail.

Nevertheless, I decided to go with the Kunpu. So, looks like I added yet another shincha to my list.

This isn't Duck season. Nor is it Rabbit Season.

It's Shincha Season.

May 12th, '08, 22:58

by chamekke » May 12th, '08, 22:58

bambooforest wrote:This isn't Duck season. Nor is it Rabbit Season.

It's Shincha Season.

+ Post Reply