most man-made objects are phallicGREENWOODSTUDIO wrote:lol, ummmm yeah. That one is pretty suggestiveAlthough, I swear, some potters really like to accentuate the phallic nature of those spouts.......
Re: The unofficial/official Korean Teaware Topic
Re: The unofficial/official Korean Teaware Topic
You know, I did not notice, and I will not be mentioning it to my boyfriend.cccp80 wrote:most man-made objects are phallicGREENWOODSTUDIO wrote:lol, ummmm yeah. That one is pretty suggestiveAlthough, I swear, some potters really like to accentuate the phallic nature of those spouts.......
Re: The unofficial/official Korean Teaware Topic
Drax wrote:Oooh, I love the color and texture on that set, KP!
Although, I swear, some potters really like to accentuate the phallic nature of those spouts.......
haha, oh my, good call though. Your saying what we all were thinking
Re: The unofficial/official Korean Teaware Topic
Hong Seong-il onggi clay server, about 180ml.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apr 23rd, '11, 07:29
Vendor Member
Posts: 1518
Joined: Nov 13th, '09, 15:16
Location: Guilin, Guangxi China
Re: The unofficial/official Korean Teaware Topic
grazie.IPT wrote:That's a wonderful Onggi Tead-off!
Apr 23rd, '11, 13:41
Posts: 1574
Joined: Dec 31st, '08, 02:16
Location: The foot of the great Smoky Mountains
Re: The unofficial/official Korean Teaware Topic
+1 that really is gorgeousIPT wrote:That's a wonderful Onggi Tead-off!
Apr 23rd, '11, 20:48
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd, '06, 00:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
May 4th, '11, 16:19
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd, '06, 00:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Re: The unofficial/official Korean Teaware Topic
The one on the right is still available. It has a stone-like feel to it.
http://www.hankooktea.com/geum-san-trav ... ivory.html
http://www.hankooktea.com/geum-san-trav ... ivory.html
Re: The unofficial/official Korean Teaware Topic
I've been enjoying tea made in my Onggi teapot. Onggi is the clay that Koreans typically store kimchi in. You see them all over Korea outside of restaurants and homes. The clay is excellent for preparing and storing tea in (tea caddys), and, for storing water, like mizusashi.IPT wrote:That's a wonderful Onggi Tead-off!
Re: The unofficial/official Korean Teaware Topic
I went to the Daegu Tea Culture Festival this past Sunday with my boyfriend. We took a few pictures for everyone (some off an iPhone, some off my camera, but sorted in order).
I'll take a few shots of my loot later; amazingly I walked away with only two cups. I saw many, many things that I would have liked to walk away with, however.
Oh, and we didn't get any shots of the artisans; that picture of the guy in the Adidas track suit sitting with a bunch of wares is actually just my boyfriend being goofy while the real artist had run off for a bathroom break.
Daegu Tea Culture Festival Album
I'll take a few shots of my loot later; amazingly I walked away with only two cups. I saw many, many things that I would have liked to walk away with, however.
Oh, and we didn't get any shots of the artisans; that picture of the guy in the Adidas track suit sitting with a bunch of wares is actually just my boyfriend being goofy while the real artist had run off for a bathroom break.
Daegu Tea Culture Festival Album
Jun 1st, '11, 04:56
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd, '06, 00:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Re: The unofficial/official Korean Teaware Topic
Awesome, thanks for sharing this with us. You are very fortunate to have access to shows like this.
Re: The unofficial/official Korean Teaware Topic
What a fun way to spend a day. Those wooden tea tables are great!
