Official what Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Apr 3rd, '10, 01:21

Re: What Oolong are You Drinking Right Now?

by subdude1 » Apr 3rd, '10, 01:21

Victoria wrote:Just opened Winter Zheng-Cong Mu-Zha TGY from Hou De. This is a 35% with heavy wood roasting. Definitely darker than my norm, but a nice change of pace.
Drinking some of that right now. It is my #1 oolong (so far, anyway) :wink:

Apr 4th, '10, 20:05

by teashionista » Apr 4th, '10, 20:05

Drinking special roast dong ding from FLT. I'm smitten!

Apr 4th, '10, 21:49
Vendor Member

by TIM » Apr 4th, '10, 21:49

On my third pots of a '85 DHP within 5 hrs. My feet are light as feather :lol:

Apr 4th, '10, 22:01
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Apr 4th, '10, 22:01

Spent most of the day enjoying a Baozhong from Floating Leaves Tea. (Winter 2009 Honorable Mention.) Super good, (though now sold out. :() Now the rest of it is going to sit overnight and soak my new teapot.

BTW, Victoria (if you see this,) did you ever try the FLT 2009 Winter Alishan? It was really good, just wondered what you thought.

Apr 4th, '10, 22:41

by Victoria » Apr 4th, '10, 22:41

Nope I never got that one, probably should have. Didn't buy any winter teas this year since I have some older stuff.

Apr 4th, '10, 22:51

by Geekgirl » Apr 4th, '10, 22:51

I know the feeling. Haven't bought any dark oolongs in a long time. Still have some Red Jacket and a couple others that were really good, but still sitting around here.

Apr 6th, '10, 00:12

by debunix » Apr 6th, '10, 00:12

Ba Xian Phoenix Dan Cong from TeaHabitat, so glad to have some time to enjoy it tonight, after an afternoon of Fall AliShan Oolong from Norbu.

Apr 6th, '10, 01:07

by pimli » Apr 6th, '10, 01:07

Going through my samples (Feng Fu batch) from Tea From Taiwan. Managed to rope my teenage brother into taste testing with me, and he quite likes the Jin Xuan, "even without sugar". I see progress. :D

Apr 6th, '10, 01:11

by debunix » Apr 6th, '10, 01:11

pimli wrote:he quite likes the Jin Xuan, "even without sugar"
Hope indeed!

I deliberately brought a very sweet, fragrant AliShan oolong on my trip with my 13 y/o niece this weekend, but couldn't get her even a little interested. She did sip a little chamomile and pronounced it ok, but then said, "Tea is just flavored water. What's the point?"

Sigh. Her little brother started drinking puerh with his grandpa several years ago, and left a very pleased message on my answering machine when he got a new box of tea in the mail (lots of jasmines, some mild oolongs, etc).

Apr 6th, '10, 08:57

by brad4419 » Apr 6th, '10, 08:57

debunix wrote: Hope indeed!

I deliberately brought a very sweet, fragrant AliShan oolong on my trip with my 13 y/o niece this weekend, but couldn't get her even a little interested. She did sip a little chamomile and pronounced it ok, but then said, "Tea is just flavored water. What's the point?"

Sigh. Her little brother started drinking puerh with his grandpa several years ago, and left a very pleased message on my answering machine when he got a new box of tea in the mail (lots of jasmines, some mild oolongs, etc).
Keep at it debunix Im sure someday she will appriciate tea, with a little help from you.

Qi lan from jingteashop today. For the price I guess this tea isn't bad but it just doesn't have that strong wuyi flavor I enjoy from DHP or other wuyi's.

Apr 6th, '10, 10:43

by cindyt » Apr 6th, '10, 10:43

brad4419 wrote: Keep at it debunix Im sure someday she will appriciate tea, with a little help from you.
Yeah, I remember while growing up I never understood why my parents always drank tea. I never had any interest, coke was much better. Then one day it suddenly clicked. Now I drink more tea than my parents. :)

Apr 6th, '10, 10:45

by iannon » Apr 6th, '10, 10:45

Drinking a grade 2 Ari-Shan ..very mild and sweet..gotta draw the flavors out with the temps. coke..its just flavored water too right? :shock:

Apr 6th, '10, 11:02

by pimli » Apr 6th, '10, 11:02

debunix wrote: Her little brother started drinking puerh with his grandpa several years ago, and left a very pleased message on my answering machine when he got a new box of tea in the mail (lots of jasmines, some mild oolongs, etc).
I very much envy that little boy. Took me twenty-odd years to get to his level. But to each his/her own tea journey. :)

In line with Family Involvement week, I got my mum to share this afternoon's Tsuei Luan with me. "But not in those tiny cups. Give me some in my mug." Oh well. I then polished off my own share in my 'tiny cup'. :roll:

Apr 6th, '10, 23:06

by entropyembrace » Apr 6th, '10, 23:06

iannon wrote:Drinking a grade 2 Ari-Shan ..very mild and sweet..gotta draw the flavors out with the temps. coke..its just flavored water too right? :shock:
No, coke is just flavoured high fructose corn syrup :lol:

Apr 6th, '10, 23:58

by debunix » Apr 6th, '10, 23:58

Shui Jin Gui from Norbu this evening. Spicy sweet, mellowing through the day to highlight more caramel notes, even as it sat in the thermos. And on forgotten sip in a test cup, to see if I'd gotten the infusions right, sat out at room temp for several hours and developed a remarkable sweetness. Nice.

+ Post Reply