Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Feb 4th, '15, 01:43

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by Tead Off » Feb 4th, '15, 01:43

Maiko's Nomigoro Gyokuro. An elegant, refined tea. Smooth, buttery, and great huigan and fullness, yet soft. This tea will give a good 5 brewings. One of the best Gyokuro I have tried. Not inexpensive, and will probably deter many buyers, but maybe a good treat for the willing.

Feb 5th, '15, 13:51

by Tadpole » Feb 5th, '15, 13:51

Kabusecha from O-Cha. Is it supposed to be kelpy? It's pleasant, I just wasn't expecting it to be seaweed salad. Anyhow, it has a rich sweetness that is helping take my mind off a disappointing LiShan that I can't get to cooperate no matter how I brew it. More kabusecha....

Feb 10th, '15, 10:45

by Oranda » Feb 10th, '15, 10:45

I like Keiko Supreme Matcha. The smell of the hot tea is attractive and complex. It is not bitter and possesses a very subtle balance of freshness, velvety sweetness and dense aromas in abundance.
I savor every mouthful with greed.

Feb 10th, '15, 14:52

by davidglass » Feb 10th, '15, 14:52

Tead Off wrote:From Hirumaen, a prize winning sencha called Ki-no-Shizuku. Wow! Delicious, full flavored Asamushi, giving a wet mouthfeel with tongue tingling and long finish. Very little astringency when brewed with 60C temp. Beautiful long leaves as a quality asamushi should be.
Ki-no-Shizuku.jpg
Do you have Hiruma-en's web address? I can't find it. Thanks.

Feb 10th, '15, 15:21

by Nebs » Feb 10th, '15, 15:21

Organic Superfine Dragon Well Long Jing Green Tea from Teavivre. It's sooo good that I don’t even care that clock is half eleven, great time to drink tea.

Feb 10th, '15, 21:35

by Tead Off » Feb 10th, '15, 21:35

davidglass wrote:
Tead Off wrote:From Hirumaen, a prize winning sencha called Ki-no-Shizuku. Wow! Delicious, full flavored Asamushi, giving a wet mouthfeel with tongue tingling and long finish. Very little astringency when brewed with 60C temp. Beautiful long leaves as a quality asamushi should be.
Ki-no-Shizuku.jpg
Do you have Hiruma-en's web address? I can't find it. Thanks.[/quote http://gokuchaninshop.cart.fc2.com/

Feb 12th, '15, 08:58

by davidglass » Feb 12th, '15, 08:58

Tead Off wrote:
davidglass wrote:
Ki-no-Shizuku.jpg
Do you have Hiruma-en's web address? I can't find it. Thanks.[/quote http://gokuchaninshop.cart.fc2.com/
Thanks.
The website is mostly in Japanese. I asked them to send me a link to the English translation. If they can't, can you direct me to the sencha that you mentioned?

Feb 12th, '15, 11:13

by Tead Off » Feb 12th, '15, 11:13

davidglass wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
davidglass wrote:
Ki-no-Shizuku.jpg
Thanks.
The website is mostly in Japanese. I asked them to send me a link to the English translation. If they can't, can you direct me to the sencha that you mentioned?
Chrome browser automatically translates the website. There is no English website.

Feb 12th, '15, 12:29

by davidglass » Feb 12th, '15, 12:29

Tead Off wrote:
davidglass wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
davidglass wrote:
Ki-no-Shizuku.jpg
Thanks.
Chrome browser automatically translates the website. There is no English website.
Thanks again.

Feb 14th, '15, 10:56

by debunix » Feb 14th, '15, 10:56

Enjoying a classic morning combination for Valentine's day: a bit of mixed gyokuro from the gyo OTTI a long time ago (the little packet keeps slipping to the bottom of the green tea box), and a small cup of hot chocolate with ginger and cardamom. Mmmm.....so nice together.

Feb 15th, '15, 11:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mrs. Chip » Feb 15th, '15, 11:09

Just finished our morning session of Aoi Uji asamushi. Absolutely delicious :mrgreen:

Feb 17th, '15, 21:53

by Nicklause » Feb 17th, '15, 21:53

So my maccha kotobuki from maiko just arrived and I tried it. And man the taste is phenomenal and addictive but too bad it is so expensive. I only got it only because it is on sale. I started off with the kyo mukashi from maiko and out of curiosity I bought their range topping maccha kotobuki and the former don't even come close in terms of taste, texture and pleasure of drinking it. Definitely worth a try while it's still on sale.

Feb 18th, '15, 04:19

by Alex » Feb 18th, '15, 04:19

Mrs. Chip wrote:Just finished our morning session of Aoi Uji asamushi. Absolutely delicious :mrgreen:
Love that one!

Feb 21st, '15, 10:03

by JRS22 » Feb 21st, '15, 10:03

Karigane Asa Giri in my new 100ml Bero teapot.

Feb 21st, '15, 14:06

by debunix » Feb 21st, '15, 14:06

A pleasing start to the TeaDay with O-Cha's organic Sencha Asatsuyu. I see more of this in my future. So nice, start to finish, green lush vegetables with sweetness and mild floral notes. Enjoyed from Petr Novak TC TA SO shino kyusu, and the flower of forgetfulness chawan.

+ Post Reply