Adagio's Booked.

If we've got something important to say, you'll hear it here first.

What do you think?

I'd sell my liver for it!
12
23%
I don't read much
7
13%
Eh, he's no James Norwood Pratt....
9
17%
I'd like to date the author!
24
46%
 
Total votes: 52

User avatar
Oct 3rd 05 8:09 pm
Posts: 272
Joined: Jun 9th 05 3:09 pm
Location: NJ

by chris » Oct 3rd 05 8:09 pm

Whew!

That's a blast from the past-- we haven't actively offered that for years now (although it appears to still be on our site!).

Please keep in mind when perusing this that my writing has improved a lot, and that pricing and products have changed!

Chris
Adagio Maestro

User avatar
Oct 3rd 05 8:47 pm
Posts: 328
Joined: Aug 12th 05 6:05 pm
Location: Philadelphia

by klemptor » Oct 3rd 05 8:47 pm

I figured that pdf might be old because the IngenuiTEA was still called the Aria and you still offered the Duet teapots. (I meant to mention that in my post, actually, but I got distracted. By this ridiculous thing called "work." How annoying.) ;)

Do you guys still offer the CD? I saw some of the selections in the TeaMuse archive and was interested to listen to it. If you don't still offer it, can you post a playlist?
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

User avatar
Oct 3rd 05 9:16 pm
Posts: 272
Joined: Jun 9th 05 3:09 pm
Location: NJ

by chris » Oct 3rd 05 9:16 pm

Gladly! It is:

1. Mozart - Gran Partita
2. Beethoven - Piano Sonata no 8
3. Bach - Suite no 3 in D Major
4. Mahler - Symphony no 5
5. Mozart - Piano Concerto 21
6. Albinoni - Adagio in g minor
7. Beethoven - Violin Romance no 2
8. Greig - Peer Gynt: Aase's Death
9. Marcello - Oboe Concerto
10. Mozart - Eine Kline Nachtmusik

(unfortunately, we no longer offer the CD)

User avatar
Oct 3rd 05 11:57 pm
Posts: 210
Joined: Jun 9th 05 5:21 am
Location: The tea wasteland that is Utah

by Marlene » Oct 3rd 05 11:57 pm

Realy!? Bummer, glad I got mine.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, dosn't try it on.
-Billy Connolly

User avatar
Oct 4th 05 5:19 pm
Posts: 328
Joined: Aug 12th 05 6:05 pm
Location: Philadelphia

by klemptor » Oct 4th 05 5:19 pm

Does anyone have any feedback on the Tea Book. By now some of you must have received your copies.
Just got mine today. I love it! But this whole thing about Budda's eyelids...I think Chris is pulling a fast one on us. Next thing you know, he'll be trying to convince us that teabags are not the way to go! That Chris is such a kidder....
All of the photos were taken by myself and Mike on trips through China, Japan, India, and Sri Lanka.
Ilya and Michael - these pics are fab! Especially the ones on pages 64 and 65. And on page 9, I love the monk's shoes!
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

Oct 5th 05 3:39 pm
Posts: 83
Joined: Jul 11th 05 4:50 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

by jzero » Oct 5th 05 3:39 pm

The book is great. It has some interesting information and anecdotes, and the photography is beautiful and the layout design is also very nice.

Perhaps it is beyond the scope of this book, but I would love to have seen more about the actual processing of the tea leaves, how they are dried, roasted, smoked, fermented, etc to produce the different types of teas.

I have to nitpick to come up with criticism, but here is what I found...I apologize in advance for my mother, who has literally worked 40 years as a secretary and thus trained me to go over my written homework with a fine-toothed comb.
I'm not sure if those are mistakes, but shouldn't the forward and afterward actually be "foreword" and "afterword?" There is also a misplaced space in the text block on page 37. ...and the Goddess whispered," The key for your future...
The only reason this is noticeable is because the spacing resulted in and "endquote" being printed at the beginning of the quote.

I want to emphasize that these are silly little things that I figured I would point out in case there is ever a 2nd edition.

Anyway, great work. I can't wait to see the next book...perhaps a big coffee table book so we can really get the full impact of the photography.

You should also bring your favorite TeaChatters (and perhaps me too?) with you on your next expedition to SE Asia. :D
They Call Me Jzero

User avatar
Oct 5th 05 3:48 pm
Posts: 61
Joined: Jul 18th 05 5:50 pm
Location: Rockville MD

by Mike B » Oct 5th 05 3:48 pm

If we're mentioning errata, scientific names should look like this: Capitalized lowercase -- not Capitalize Capitalize.

Oct 10th 05 2:29 pm

by Guest » Oct 10th 05 2:29 pm

i got my book the other day and it's fantastic!

mine wasn't signed, though. weren't they supposed to be?

User avatar
Oct 10th 05 2:32 pm
Posts: 102
Joined: Sep 6th 05 3:59 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH

by Tadiera » Oct 10th 05 2:32 pm

I must say I feel gypped! The photo on the back cover is a mirror-image of one of the photos inside the book itself!


Ahem.
Kidding aside (Though, really, it is; the one of the kettle and teacups? ;))...

I loved the book and it was very well put together and very well written. :)

User avatar
Oct 11th 05 2:51 am
Posts: 90
Joined: Aug 26th 05 3:33 am
Location: Gator Country

by Ric » Oct 11th 05 2:51 am

Looks like a good book!
In God's Grace,
Ric

User avatar
Oct 12th 05 7:29 pm
Posts: 272
Joined: Jun 9th 05 3:09 pm
Location: NJ

by chris » Oct 12th 05 7:29 pm

I can't help but notice that your choices of dating me are starting to slip. I'm going to have to start making up new users and/or find something else to do with my weekends (I'm warning you -- I'll start writing another book!).

Seriously, folks. The book is now for sale here:

http://www.adagio.com/misc/a_guide_to_tea.html

Buy a copy for a friend!

Chris
Adagio Maestro

User avatar
Oct 12th 05 7:57 pm
Posts: 102
Joined: Sep 6th 05 3:59 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH

by Tadiera » Oct 12th 05 7:57 pm

chris wrote:I can't help but notice that your choices of dating me are starting to slip.
I do not mind - less competition! ;)

User avatar
Nov 2nd 05 5:26 pm
Posts: 402
Joined: Jun 16th 05 1:35 am
Location: Norristown, PA

by jogrebe » Nov 2nd 05 5:26 pm

chris wrote:I can't help but notice that your choices of dating me are starting to slip. I'm going to have to start making up new users and/or find something else to do with my weekends (I'm warning you -- I'll start writing another book!).
Sorry Chris but I'm a man therefore I would never consierder dating you ... but go ahead and start writing another book I dare you to follow through with your threat , If you do I'll just have to read it after enjoying your first book so much :wink:

John Grebe

User avatar
Nov 2nd 05 6:04 pm
Posts: 272
Joined: Jun 9th 05 3:09 pm
Location: NJ

by chris » Nov 2nd 05 6:04 pm

Will do! The new book is in the works.

No worries about the dating thing, by the way. I've decided to become a monk.

(Just kidding, Tads.)

Glad to hear you've enjoyed it!

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Jan 15th 06 8:43 pm

great book

by anniepants » Jan 15th 06 8:43 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the book! Beautifully written! :D