Tuesday 7/01/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!


OK, was yesterday a fluke. Which tea reigned supreme for you in the entire first half of 2008?

Black
14
25%
Oolong
19
33%
Green
18
32%
White
1
2%
Yellow
0
No votes
Pu-erh
4
7%
Rooibos
0
No votes
Herbal
1
2%
Yerbe Mate
0
No votes
Other
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 57

User avatar
Jul 1st, '08, 13:59
Posts: 3348
Joined: Feb 8th, '08, 02:10
Location: France

by olivierco » Jul 1st, '08, 13:59

Now some kanro gyokuro from Ippodo.

User avatar
Jul 1st, '08, 14:07
Posts: 666
Joined: Aug 28th, '07, 13:32
Location: Northeast Georgia

by henley » Jul 1st, '08, 14:07

Enjoying a cuppa Pouchong w/lunch. My sample is more than half gone. Must replenish soon!

Long live oolong! :lol:

User avatar
Jul 1st, '08, 14:10
Posts: 666
Joined: Aug 28th, '07, 13:32
Location: Northeast Georgia

by henley » Jul 1st, '08, 14:10

Katrina wrote: Hooray! The day lilies are here!
Image
Very pretty picture. The orange is so striking!

User avatar
Jul 1st, '08, 14:31
Posts: 995
Joined: Feb 8th, '08, 14:22
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Contact: auggy

by auggy » Jul 1st, '08, 14:31

TimeforTea wrote:More importantly for me regarding the first half of 2008: It's been six months since I have have a drop of coffee! I can't even tolerate the smell anymore! :)
YAY! So what made you quit coffee?


So, anyone want to fix a nice relaxing cup of tea for me and deliver it? Cause I sorta need one! Our phone system died. Yep, zero phones. No incoming or outgoing calls and no estimated time of replacement. The up side of this - it is nice and quiet at work today! And no more lice-infested children are running around! YAY!

User avatar
Jul 1st, '08, 15:44
Posts: 35
Joined: Jun 25th, '08, 11:17
Location: Florida

by cane » Jul 1st, '08, 15:44

I voted for Oolong, but today I do happen to be drinking a green tea!
Dragonwell

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Jul 1st, '08, 15:46
Posts: 1628
Joined: Jun 17th, '08, 14:11
Location: Oregon

by geeber1 » Jul 1st, '08, 15:46

How 'bout a virtual cup of tea? If I had photos like the beauties I've seen on this forum, I'd send you one.

Lucky ... a no-phone day is what I wish for every day! Enjoy it while it lasts. :lol:

User avatar
Jul 1st, '08, 15:55
Posts: 995
Joined: Feb 8th, '08, 14:22
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Contact: auggy

by auggy » Jul 1st, '08, 15:55

geeber1 wrote:How 'bout a virtual cup of tea? If I had photos like the beauties I've seen on this forum, I'd send you one.

Lucky ... a no-phone day is what I wish for every day! Enjoy it while it lasts. :lol:
Shoot, at this point, anything will help! I think I'll go stare at Sal's daily contribution for a bit. :lol:

Well, phones are now forwarded to the senior pastor's cell phone, which I have been given. It will probably be this way for at least a week, if not more - we are as slow as the government when it comes to getting things done!

User avatar
Jul 1st, '08, 17:31
Posts: 5151
Joined: Dec 20th, '06, 23:33
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Been thanked: 1 time

by Salsero » Jul 1st, '08, 17:31

Chip wrote:I have to ask though about the tea...the liquor looks milky??? Say it isn't so!!!!!!
OK, I redid the file and I think I got all the milk out. Next TeaParty I will remember, "No milk for Chip."

Just a couple lumps of sugar.

Jul 1st, '08, 17:52
Posts: 134
Joined: Jun 8th, '08, 21:36
Location: Cape Cod Massachusetts

by laran7 » Jul 1st, '08, 17:52

Oolong is something I'm new to - black teas (Darjeeling) give me a bit more of a kick sometimes.

Iced Darjeeling today - but it hasn't really been too hot out.

User avatar
Jul 1st, '08, 18:05
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 06:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact: Victoria

by Victoria » Jul 1st, '08, 18:05

cane wrote:I voted for Oolong, but today I do happen to be drinking a green tea!
Dragonwell

Image
Image
Image
Thanks Cane, for your pics! Very nice Gaiwan!
And more importantly, thanks for voting correctly.
:twisted:

User avatar
Jul 1st, '08, 18:26
Posts: 2299
Joined: Oct 23rd, '06, 19:46
Location: Seattle Area
Contact: tenuki

by tenuki » Jul 1st, '08, 18:26

started the day with an aged oolong, moved on to my daily matcha, now playing with some mini toucha I got my last trip down to the international district. It's actually not too bad.
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

User avatar
Jul 1st, '08, 18:35
Posts: 1289
Joined: May 10th, '08, 19:22
Location: Kentucky

by kymidwife » Jul 1st, '08, 18:35

I too am giggling at the fact that greens are running 3rd in the poll at the moment... a bit unexpected!

I am on an oolong kick this past month as I voted yesterday... and I also am growing in my appreciation for greens since i started cold-brewing. Made my first O-cha order last night!

But, for the first half of 2008, my vote clearly goes to blacks. I drink black tea every day, and have for every day of 2008... and I've had few that I didn't love. Black reigns supreme for now, with oolong closing the gap lately.

In my glass now, cold-brewed Gyokuro over ice, unsweetened. Delicious! At work today I sipped on a Lipton white tea with mango, and it wasn't half bad... I enjoyed it. Had to have something new while I wait for the teapass box AND a new order from Adagio AND my O-cha order... oh, AND some stuffs from Upton's.

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jul 1st, '08, 18:42
Posts: 84
Joined: Mar 16th, '08, 22:44

fav tea so far 2008

by jim109 » Jul 1st, '08, 18:42

It was difficult between Japanese greens and black. I chose black because I am more frequently succesful, when I make a green correctly it is outstanding though. Still have Shincha Kirameki and Myabi unopened in my frig. I must be doing something wrong with oolongs. I have tried TKY, Wuyi and oolong #40 at different strengths and temps and steeping times. I always get a confusing either bitter or bland flavor. Does anyone have an Ingenuitea user suggestion?
Thanks, Jim

Jul 1st, '08, 19:27

by Deleted User #17576 » Jul 1st, '08, 19:27

I am stuck on black teas, a few flavored, still trying different Darjeelings but really enjoy them so far. Am trying some oolongs, not quite "getting" it; haven't tried but a couple of greens, tasted too fishy for me, can't tolerate a grassy taste either, feel like I might as well pour hot water over grass clippings! No offense to all the fans. Have tried 2 whites, not enough flavor for me, guess I need the kick of the blacks. Discovered PG Tips brand at a tea room, really like it. Have been enjoying the cold brew method for my ice teas. Well, to each his own, said the old lady when she kissed the cow........ Good day all.

User avatar
Jul 1st, '08, 19:40
Posts: 51
Joined: Jan 2nd, '08, 12:45
Been thanked: 1 time

by tseirPsaduJ » Jul 1st, '08, 19:40

I feel the need to repeat this again: Oolong is the love of my life.

Everyone is taking beautiful tea photographs lately. I like.

Locked