Wednesday TeaDay 7/16/08 Soda consumption?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

I had a soda for the first time this year yesterday, and I wondered, how many sodas have you consumed this year (based on 12 ounce soda)?

Zero, Zilch, Nada
16%
Less than 5
32%
Less than 10
11%
Less than 20
5%
Less than 40
11%
Less than 70
2%
Less than 100
5%
Less than 150
4%
Less than 200
2%
MORE!!!
13%

Total votes: 56

Jul 16th, '08, 11:28

by elchai » Jul 16th, '08, 11:28

Ive had too many sodas. I am cutting way down on them though, just way too much sugar.

Today I had 3 cups of Assam Harmony with just a pinch of Masala Chai with a little milk and sugar. It was so good, I kept drinking more!

Jul 16th, '08, 11:29

by olivierco » Jul 16th, '08, 11:29

Houjicha karigane now.

Jul 16th, '08, 11:41

by witches brew » Jul 16th, '08, 11:41

I think I've had two or three sodas this year, and I couldn't finish any of them because they were so fizzy.

When I'm not drinking tea I am drinking a tisane, ice water or fruit juice. Occasionally, I'll have a cocktail before dinner, or a glass of wine.

There's not much need for soda with all these choices.

The whole culture of soda bothers me a little. The bottle deposits. The homeless people gleaning through the bins for the empty cans.

Darjeeling in my cup this morning. No deposit required.
Brewing joy, happiness and green tea, like any good TeaWitch should!

Jul 16th, '08, 11:56

by RussianSoul » Jul 16th, '08, 11:56

No soda for me. I am in the "zero, zilch, nada" category. Never liked it, tried to like it, but it didn't work for me. Too much sugar or sugar like stuff in it. I may have had a sip or two from my husband's glass once in a great while, but no more than that. If nothing else is available, I drink water (or beer :D).

Farmer's shincha from Chip is in my cup. I've been drinking oolong all week since I had the Oolong Box and felt that I have to taste as many as possible, but in the last couple of days I developed some serious sencha deprivation symptoms. Today Oolong Box is getting on the road again, and I am having my first sencha this week - loving it!

Jul 16th, '08, 11:57

Re: Darjeeling

by augie » Jul 16th, '08, 11:57

Salsero wrote: Once I got the cloth bag opened (with a pair of scissors) I found …

ANOTHER BAG! This one an actual sack made of heavy brown paper and tied with string.
Wow, that hardly looks legal! :shock: Good thing the police didn't knock on your door or catch you with that in the trunk. . .
Salsero wrote:Actually, I better get it out soon because tomorrow I am leaving town for a week!
Oh! :shock: Goodness, will this ruin your 60+ day photo streak? Or have you been working OT to keep us appeased during your absence? What will we do - please advise?????

Like BeanBean I was addicted to Diet Coke. I was doing a super tedious job working with numbers and needed to stay awake. Then it just became a filthy habit I couldn't break until I found some RoT. I maybe have 1/week now, sometimes going for a few weeks between soda.

Any DIET Coke Drinkers realize they don't like diet coke now? I can't hardly drink it and usually get a sugar coke.

Auggy: Cat is looking darn perky for her near-death experience. Hope she continues to improve.

Jul 16th, '08, 12:03

by chamekke » Jul 16th, '08, 12:03

auggy wrote:
chamekke wrote:So glad to hear that your kitty-cat is doing better, auggy! I hope she continues to improve.

Thanks! She's my baby!

What a sweet little cat. Thanks for the photo :)

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Jul 16th, '08, 12:09
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Jul 16th, '08, 12:09

Less than 5. Although I can't remember the last time I had a soda, I'm sure I must have had one this year.

In my cup: Masala chai from Adagio. Yum. I tend to drink this when I really want that old coffee comfort early in the morning. It totally does the trick for a reformed coffee fiend.

By request: Poppet contemplates the meaning of Koi

View Large

Auggy your cat is a gorgeous little thing. Hope she makes a full recovery, and quick!

Jul 16th, '08, 12:16

by Victoria » Jul 16th, '08, 12:16

Auggy - She's beautiful! Glad she's feeling better!

I brought my Nilgiri leaves to work with me and I'm
working on my second steep right now!
This is so good!

Jul 16th, '08, 12:20

by Pentox » Jul 16th, '08, 12:20

auggy wrote:
chamekke wrote:So glad to hear that your kitty-cat is doing better, auggy! I hope she continues to improve.

Thanks! She's my baby!

The eyes, they're so dark. It's like they're staring into the depths of my soul!

Jul 16th, '08, 12:21

Re: Darjeeling

by auggy » Jul 16th, '08, 12:21

augie wrote:Auggy: Cat is looking darn perky for her near-death experience. Hope she continues to improve.
Sadly, not that recent of a picture. That one was taken 6 months ago when she was healthy. Now, she looks a lot different. But she's still that beautiful girl in my eyes. I refuse to take pictures of her right now because I don't want her to be remembered looking how she looks now. BUT! She's looking a lot better now than she did even three days ago.

Jul 16th, '08, 12:24

by auggy » Jul 16th, '08, 12:24

Pentox wrote:The eyes, they're so dark. It's like they're staring into the depths of my soul!
She's actually got brilliant blue eyes, but she's going a bit blind so her eyes are almost fully dilated at all times.

But she can still totally see your soul. She knows all and sees all! :lol:

Jul 16th, '08, 12:27

by Pentox » Jul 16th, '08, 12:27

auggy wrote: But she can still totally see your soul. She knows all and sees all! :lol:
Noooooooooo!

In the cup this morning: Momo Oolong Super Grade (Lupicia) - they've been giving me a lot of the samples for this for some reason recently.

I'm in the over 200 can range. When I travel I don't drink much tea so I end up drinking lots of soda. And a 12 oz can is a rather small unit of measure sadly. for instance a 42 ounce soda is probably good for 3 cans. Then there's sodas at restauraunts and at home, and on the road. I drink a lot of diet soda.

Jul 16th, '08, 12:37

Planning issues

by Salsero » Jul 16th, '08, 12:37

augie wrote:
Salsero wrote:Actually, I better get it out soon because tomorrow I am leaving town for a week!
Goodness, will this ruin your 60+ day photo streak? Or have you been working OT to keep us appeased during your absence? What will we do - please advise?????
Today is day 75, BTW. You laugh, but these are the things I spend my life thinking about. I have a log of photos ready to go, but I'm not sure I will get to a computer every day to post them, and even less likely at 4:00 am!

I thought about looking for a volunteer to post them as proxy to avoid my potential default. Mmm, actually it seems that Lew and Olivier both post around the same time. I think omegapd is on dialup which would be a problem. Can't be Chip, that would be too confusing.

In my cup: 2005 Dehong 'Golden Melon' raw puerh, Western style.

Soda? You've got to be kidding. That's for children.

Jul 16th, '08, 12:44

by Salsero » Jul 16th, '08, 12:44

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: Poppet contemplates the meaning of Koi

Jul 16th, '08, 13:02

by geeber1 » Jul 16th, '08, 13:02

Geekgirl, glad you let Little Green out of her bad poppet corner. :) (or is it a he?)
Those koi look like they might want a poppet snack!

Salsero, maybe you should create a new thread before you go and post a photo for each day you're gone. Otherwise we'll all go into withdrawal!