Monday TeaDay 8/18/08 TeaVacation of a lifetime

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Adagio is offering a TeaVacation of a lifetime (not really), all expences paid. Where would you go?

China
27%
India
13%
Japan
54%
Taiwan
7%

Total votes: 56

Aug 18th, '08, 13:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 18th, '08, 13:27

LOL, TeaChatters, only a choice of the 4 countires listed. Maybe a weekend "TeaRoom" poll will take us to the rest oF the world.

The question is one of those sick tortuous questions from some evil mind. It is impossible for me to choose.

But I decided on Japan for now. I would love to see 1000 year old bonsai in Japan, well, as much bonsai as time allows. Then as much tea stuff, Japanese gardens, tea shops, Tokoname tour, OG...AND THE FOOD!!!!!!!

How much time are we given??? Will they pay for the 100,000 or more Yen in pottery I would want to come home with, wait, that is only around 900 USD. Double that!

I am currently drinking Fukamushi Supreme in honor of the poll, well, not really. :roll:

Started the day with Adagio Golden Monkey.

Aug 18th, '08, 15:07

by Geekgirl » Aug 18th, '08, 15:07

#1: Holy moly Katrina, that pink storm light is amazing! (also, what's your flickr id? You're not in my contacts. :? :D )

#2: This is just about the cutest avatar I've ever seen:

#3: It went from nearly 100 degrees this weekend to about 70 and pouring rain right now, so I'm having black tea. BLACK TEA!!! An organic Yunnan Tippy South Cloud from Tao of Tea. It's yummy. AND... I made it in an English teapot. Go me!

Aug 18th, '08, 15:18

by Pentox » Aug 18th, '08, 15:18

Heh, the question is pretty much a no brainer for me. Japan. No if ands or buts.

Speaking of which, in the cup is some wonderful SA genmai. The last of my stash of SA tea. I'll have to order some more soon, although I've got way too much tea to go through at the moment.

Aug 18th, '08, 15:35

by Victoria » Aug 18th, '08, 15:35

Japan for me even though I prefer the tea from Taiwan. Just the beauty of it and the culture as well. It would be a dream come true.

In my cup some Adagio #8 that I iced down. This is amazingly good iced, way better than when it is hot, I'm glad I kept this sample tin around. I'll be using it up cold now, for sure.

Aug 18th, '08, 15:43

by henley » Aug 18th, '08, 15:43

This was a really hard question to answer, especially since none of the 4 choices are near the top of my "Places to Visit" list. Am torn between China & Japan -- China for the tea & Japan for the Cherry Blossom Festival. Ultimate trip is back to Africa & see more of it.

Katrina - Can I go to timeout, too? That's an amazing gift from your hubby (& I put a bug in my hubby's ear for a similar trip :wink: ). Beautiful pics.

Geekgirl - Like your teaware! Very pretty.

Golden Monkey this morning w/bfast. Busy day so no other tea yet. :(

Aug 18th, '08, 15:49

by Salsero » Aug 18th, '08, 15:49

henley wrote: Geekgirl - Like your teaware! Very pretty.
I'll bet she means she's insanely jealous, like me!

Aug 18th, '08, 16:00

by chamekke » Aug 18th, '08, 16:00

Salsero wrote:
henley wrote: Geekgirl - Like your teaware! Very pretty.
I'll bet she means she's insanely jealous, like me!
Gorgeous, gorgeous photograph.

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on."
- Billy Connolly

Aug 18th, '08, 16:26

by Michael_C » Aug 18th, '08, 16:26

I said Taiwan, since I go to Japan so darn much as it is. Yuki and I are buying a house in Nara (in Shiki-Gun). I'm going back again in November, maybe through Christmas, to spruce the place up, and say hello to her family (and my Japanese bar mates) again.

The language is very beautiful, and it has the added draw of sometimes realizing, "Hey! I'm speaking Japanese!" Just be aware, if you decide to travel that thorny path, that it bears no resemblance to English in structure or syntax. Expect differences and be pleasantly surprised by similarity. And any time a Japanese person smiles and compliments your Japanese, know that they are only being polite.

Aug 18th, '08, 16:29

by Beidao » Aug 18th, '08, 16:29

Geekgirl - That image is my new desktop image, great!

I have been getting my first yunomi :D From a Swedish pottery I drove past while on vacation in the countryside, they had a serie of Japanese wares. I kinda love it. Images coming.

Also happened to buy Chun Mee, green Rooibos and Golden Yunnan.

Have only been having four steepings of Huang Jin Gui today. Had no tea at work and were left with only bad coffee :cry: Brining Golden Yunnan for tomorrow.
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

Aug 18th, '08, 16:36

by Salsero » Aug 18th, '08, 16:36

Michael_C wrote: ... since I go to Japan so darn much as it is...
Instant jealousy spreads across forum.

Aug 18th, '08, 16:58

by Wosret » Aug 18th, '08, 16:58

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:#2: This is just about the cutest avatar I've ever seen
Thank you! :mrgreen: I love the photo you posted.

Also envious of the frequent trips to Japan.

Aug 18th, '08, 17:09

by Geekgirl » Aug 18th, '08, 17:09

Beidao wrote:Geekgirl - That image is my new desktop image, great!

I have been getting my first yunomi :D From a Swedish pottery I drove past while on vacation in the countryside, they had a serie of Japanese wares. I kinda love it. Images coming.
Thanks! and ruh roh! Thus begins a new addiction. I don't know what it is about Japanese wares...

Aug 18th, '08, 19:04

by geeber1 » Aug 18th, '08, 19:04

Geekgirl, love your photo, it's very "girly!"

I hope that storm is headed over my side of Oregon, I'm sick of the 100 degree routine!

I voted India, although my true dream vacation would be to Ireland and Scotland.

Aug 18th, '08, 19:52

Augie...Tea smoked Duck

by jim109 » Aug 18th, '08, 19:52

Hi! I didn't find the recipe for tea smoked duck on the green egg thing!!! Where? I love to make smoked duck!! Yunnan Gold today. To respond to the question, I have become afraid to leave the country the way things are!! Jim

Aug 18th, '08, 20:06

by Cinnamon Kitty » Aug 18th, '08, 20:06

Definitely Japan for me. My boyfriend and I actually discussed it as a possible honeymoon destination if we ever get married. That's a bit down the road yet though.

I started today with some hot Casablanca Twist then iced the second steep for later. I've been in the mood for mint tea/tisane lately. Now I am enjoying some Aged Nan Tou as I relax with my cat.