Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.


User avatar
Nov 28th, '12, 21:35
Posts: 5896
Joined: Jan 10th, '10, 16:04
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact: debunix

Re: Official Pu of the day

by debunix » Nov 28th, '12, 21:35

1997 Heng Li Chang Bulang puerh, enjoying it from pot (yixing) and cup (Nakao spring galaxy) that were packed up for too long--so nice to have access to them all. Sweet, earthy, humus, so tasty and comforting.

I've finally made the last trip to empty the old house, and I'm getting a cold, so it's time to spoil myself a little.

User avatar
Nov 27th, '12, 19:51
Posts: 50
Joined: Mar 19th, '11, 19:25

Re: Official Pu of the day

by nw-T » Nov 27th, '12, 19:51

Hou De - 2007 Jing Mei Tang "She De" Guang Bien Lao Zhai :D

Nov 27th, '12, 14:28
Posts: 10
Joined: Feb 22nd, '12, 03:19

Re: Official Pu of the day

by wojtekitek » Nov 27th, '12, 14:28

Bai Cha Tang 7th Generation Green Cake 2006 - Raw - One of my the best pu last time. It links the power of young puer and nice and warm notes of dried plums and fresh hay.
This tea is much more patient than me- I usually made more than 13 brewing. It's a pity that tihs cake is no more availible at Dragon Tea House.

User avatar
Nov 26th, '12, 18:48
Posts: 319
Joined: Dec 29th, '09, 14:28
Location: Cazenovia, NY

Re: Official Pu of the day

by GreenwoodStudio » Nov 26th, '12, 18:48

Spent most of the day with Norbu's private label 2011 white buds http://www.norbutea.com/2011NorbuWhiteB ... gory_id=48. Really interesting stuff. Not bitter at all for a new sheng and doesn't have that mouth/throat drying after effect. A little sweetness and has a very nice cooling effect. Intense yet delicate juniper/evergreen aroma that fills the room and aftertaste that keeps popping up for hours. I'm dig'n it a lot.

(edit- a couple of pics now that I've officially killed those leaves :twisted: )
Image
Image

User avatar
Nov 26th, '12, 14:50
Posts: 1312
Joined: May 27th, '09, 16:55

Re: Official Pu of the day

by teaisme » Nov 26th, '12, 14:50


User avatar
Nov 26th, '12, 14:37
Posts: 682
Joined: Mar 10th, '11, 08:17
Location: on top of a mountain.

Re: Official Pu of the day

by gasninja » Nov 26th, '12, 14:37

Where from?

User avatar
Nov 26th, '12, 13:32
Posts: 146
Joined: Jul 25th, '11, 16:56

Re: Official Pu of the day

by Maxwell2079 » Nov 26th, '12, 13:32

Hi everyone, yesterday I've tried 2003 Menghai Purple Da Yi 7432.

Honestly, I found the tea too expensive (178 usd) for what it is . Has anyone else tried this?
Last edited by Maxwell2079 on Nov 26th, '12, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nov 25th, '12, 22:09
Posts: 682
Joined: Mar 10th, '11, 08:17
Location: on top of a mountain.

Re: Official Pu of the day

by gasninja » Nov 25th, '12, 22:09

P
TwoDog2 wrote:
shah82 wrote:Oh, I've brought my tea into gatherings, brewed it with different waters and different instruments, and came out with something rather different than what it's like at home. Then there are all the people who key onto totally different things than I do...
This is pretty common. I often read somebody else's experiences with a tea I have tried and think we were drinking different tea. And the same with different pots, water, etc.
+2
I had my 05 haiwan " lbz" brick today I ran it through a new zini pot i am testing out for teas of this type and almost did not recognize it until I moved it back to the zhuni pot I use for lightly
aged pu.

User avatar
Nov 25th, '12, 21:34
Vendor Member
Posts: 510
Joined: Mar 19th, '12, 02:49
Location: Frequently Moving Around
Contact: TwoDog2

Re: Official Pu of the day

by TwoDog2 » Nov 25th, '12, 21:34

shah82 wrote:Oh, I've brought my tea into gatherings, brewed it with different waters and different instruments, and came out with something rather different than what it's like at home. Then there are all the people who key onto totally different things than I do...
This is pretty common. I often read somebody else's experiences with a tea I have tried and think we were drinking different tea. And the same with different pots, water, etc.

User avatar
Nov 25th, '12, 13:51
Posts: 2794
Joined: Oct 16th, '08, 21:01
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact: Drax

Re: Official Pu of the day

by Drax » Nov 25th, '12, 13:51

Enjoying a nice, quiet afternoon listening to classical music, reading Moyashimon, and drinking a nice woody, calming, 1994 loose sheng; it's been a really nice way to spend the end of a long holiday weekend before heading back to work tomorrow!

User avatar
Nov 25th, '12, 00:32
Posts: 90
Joined: Oct 2nd, '12, 02:13
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Official Pu of the day

by 135F2 » Nov 25th, '12, 00:32

shah82 wrote:Oh, I've brought my tea into gatherings, brewed it with different waters and different instruments, and came out with something rather different than what it's like at home. Then there are all the people who key onto totally different things than I do...
I miss tea gatherings.

Nov 25th, '12, 00:23
Posts: 1274
Joined: May 9th, '09, 15:59

Re: Official Pu of the day

by shah82 » Nov 25th, '12, 00:23

Oh, I've brought my tea into gatherings, brewed it with different waters and different instruments, and came out with something rather different than what it's like at home. Then there are all the people who key onto totally different things than I do...

User avatar
Nov 25th, '12, 00:18
Posts: 5896
Joined: Jan 10th, '10, 16:04
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact: debunix

Re: Official Pu of the day

by debunix » Nov 25th, '12, 00:18

MarshalN wrote:My almond is your cat urine.
I doubt that. Your almond might be my vanilla, but cat urine?

User avatar
Nov 24th, '12, 23:19
Posts: 2061
Joined: Mar 15th, '06, 17:43
Contact: MarshalN

Re: Official Pu of the day

by MarshalN » Nov 24th, '12, 23:19

135F2 wrote:
MarshalN wrote:
135F2 wrote:
MarshalN wrote:Drank five teas today. 60s GYG was the best of the bunch. Hoffman's "early 90s" Yiwu was easily the worst. The rest I'll have to compose my thoughts and type out on my blog
Was the 60's GYG medicinal in taste?
No, it's naturally stored. Very fragrant
Can't wait to read your TN on your blog about its fragrances!
Alas, it's just quick reviews. I don't like writing about specific notes anyway, since those are pretty meaningless for other people. My almond is your cat urine.

User avatar
Nov 24th, '12, 23:13
Posts: 90
Joined: Oct 2nd, '12, 02:13
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Official Pu of the day

by 135F2 » Nov 24th, '12, 23:13

MarshalN wrote:
135F2 wrote:
MarshalN wrote:Drank five teas today. 60s GYG was the best of the bunch. Hoffman's "early 90s" Yiwu was easily the worst. The rest I'll have to compose my thoughts and type out on my blog
Was the 60's GYG medicinal in taste?
No, it's naturally stored. Very fragrant
Can't wait to read your TN on your blog about its fragrances!

+ Post Reply