Sep 18th, '09, 13:44

Re: Show Off Your Pots and Cups XI

by yee » Sep 18th, '09, 13:44

It is finally mine!

Sep 18th, '09, 13:51
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mrs. Chip » Sep 18th, '09, 13:51

That is gorgeous yee!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely Yixing with us. Enjoy it well. :D

Looks like it was worth the wait. :wink:

Sep 19th, '09, 18:23

by Victoria » Sep 19th, '09, 18:23

Well I have finally finished my Teaware cabinets, yay! Having first bought one, then deciding I needed another for my kyusu and yixing.

I went from this -

To this -

Can you believe that is the same space? And all my teaware in boxes on the floor? I really didn't think I had room for a cabinet, and I was worried how it might look. Finally I decided it was more important to have access to my teaware that I use all the time, than to worry about how it would look. Actually it's not bad, and since it sits back from the china hutch, you can't see it when you walk in the formal living room.

Another view from looking around the side of the china hutch-

Sep 19th, '09, 18:35

by woozl » Sep 19th, '09, 18:35

:shock:
No tea Habit here, move along..... :P

Sep 19th, '09, 19:04

by Geekgirl » Sep 19th, '09, 19:04

That has turned out really nice, Victoria. I have been thinking about similar shelving, but can't figure out where to put it. At the moment, my collection (what is out in the open) is spread between a half dozen shelves, most are "mixed use," and have other things on them too, primarily books. These two are the only "dedicated" shelves and contain about 1/2 my collection, but obviously there is no more room, and yet there is more teaware on teh way. (Addictions, gotta love 'em.)

The other two shelves photos are two of my several "orphan" shelves - teaware I use, or like to look at, that don't have a space of their own.

And just for fun, one of my poppet shelves:

Your solution is so much more elegant and less cluttered looking, I'm a little jealous. :wink:

(probably worth noting that the books visible in one of the photos are not necessarily reflective of my personal or philosophical views. Heh.)

Sep 19th, '09, 19:18

by woozl » Sep 19th, '09, 19:18

Ohh, antique cameras!!!

Sep 19th, '09, 19:35

by Smells_Familiar » Sep 19th, '09, 19:35

nice galleries ladies!

victoria, that looks so much better and the shelves are really unobtrusive. looks great!

geek, you've managed to make your lack of shelf space work well so far, but you gotz mo candy cummin right? might i suggest a tennsco black metal bookshelf? i got a 66" five shelf (~$200 shipped) a few years ago and I'm already planning on getting another. it's built like a tank and does a good job at showing off what you want displayed as the bookshelf itself kinda melts into the background. just a humble suggestion (it'd look great against those green walls!).

btw, i love those primal tripod yunomis by cory. do you have two? nice

Sep 19th, '09, 19:42

by Geekgirl » Sep 19th, '09, 19:42

I do indeed have two of those tripod yunomi. I love them.

Minimalist shelving sounds about right, but I've run out of wall space. LOL! I'm sitting here at the moment trying to figure out if a rearrange of my space could end up providing a touch more wall for another shelf, but I just don't see how.

The main problem is that I've had to reclaim book space from other displays, and so collections have gotten compressed down into smaller and smaller areas. The larger of the tea displays really needs to go back to oversize book space, but I don't have anywhere to move the teawares. The rest of the house is minimal furnishing, and we intend it to stay that way. We won't have display space for probably 2 more years (that's when the kitchen/dining remodel is planned.) In the meantime, it just gets more and more cluttered and cramped, with books stacked on the floor and plastic work tables, etc.

Bah. I need to dive to some restructuring. I have closet space going to waste. We intend to be in this house for a good long time, and I've talked about converting the closet into open work space. Maybe it's time.

Sep 19th, '09, 19:54

by woozl » Sep 19th, '09, 19:54

Lil' yunomi,

by you know who......

Sep 19th, '09, 19:56

by Maitre_Tea » Sep 19th, '09, 19:56

I finally have a dedicated pot to every tea I drink! And these two arrived at the same time today! Seems like I won the daily double!

From http://www.nadacha.co.uk/, a 80 ml Zi Ni Long Dan, made with clay from the early 90s, IIRC. Pour is medium-slow, but it's worth dealing with

From http://houdeasianart.com/, a 100 ml Sand Blended Zhu Ni, from the late 70s/early 80s, IIRC. It has very thick walls, and a very thick base as well. I'm going to be using it with medium/light roast yancha. The blended sand, which increases porosity (?), should round out some of the roast while preserving most of the tea's flavor/aroma. Chop is fairly interesting as well.

Sep 19th, '09, 22:39

by Victoria » Sep 19th, '09, 22:39

Thanks everyone! Very nice geek - I wish I had deep shelves so I could keep my boxes out as you have, looks great.

Very nice woozl, so vivid, wow!

Congrats Maitre_Tea, very nice!

Sep 20th, '09, 00:04

by Chip » Sep 20th, '09, 00:04

Wowza, busy show off topic! Compliments to Mrs. Woozl as always! She got it goin' on!!!

Great Yixing, Yee and Maitre_Tea!

And thanks for sharing your displays Victoria and Geek! One day, I will share some photos as well, really I will. 8)

Sep 20th, '09, 06:18

by yee » Sep 20th, '09, 06:18

Maitre_Tea wrote:I finally have a dedicated pot to every tea I drink! And these two arrived at the same time today! Seems like I won the daily double!

From http://www.nadacha.co.uk/, a 80 ml Zi Ni Long Dan, made with clay from the early 90s, IIRC. Pour is medium-slow, but it's worth dealing with

From http://houdeasianart.com/, a 100 ml Sand Blended Zhu Ni, from the late 70s/early 80s, IIRC. It has very thick walls, and a very thick base as well. I'm going to be using it with medium/light roast yancha. The blended sand, which increases porosity (?), should round out some of the roast while preserving most of the tea's flavor/aroma. Chop is fairly interesting as well.
May we see them teapots inside? Especially im interested in seeng the one from Nada. Later i will also post pictures of mine.

What i cant say about my teapot so far is that its very well made and working perfectly.

Sep 21st, '09, 17:01

by Ochaya Europe » Sep 21st, '09, 17:01

]Costum made Set by Fegetsu-san. Hakeme and Kuro yohen chohchingata by Hokujyo-san.
Fegetsu-Set.jpg
Fegetsu-Set.jpg (9.14 KiB) Viewed 1277 times
[attachment=0]Hokujyo-Pinsel.jpg[/attachment
Attachments
Hokujyo-Pinsel.jpg
Hokujyo-Pinsel.jpg (24.05 KiB) Viewed 1277 times

Sep 21st, '09, 22:32

by woozl » Sep 21st, '09, 22:32

Newun'

luuv my sweetie