Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Sep 5th, '16, 06:12

Re: Official Pu of the day

by kuánglóng » Sep 5th, '16, 06:12

Rui wrote: Unfortunately not. Very seldom I get two's but maybe I should have got this one by the sounds of it.

As to 7542's when you have a chance get yourself a sample of GTG's traditionally stored 2005 Menghai 7542. It is good with very little wet storage characteristics except that it is now pretty well matured.
I've had a 50g sample of this one [green Dayi] and posted some lines about my experiences a couple days ago. Like you've said, Rui, a nice example with clean storage and no funky notes. Whatever I've tried though it fell a bit too short in the aftertaste department; I got some slightly better results in the gaiwan.

Sep 5th, '16, 06:42

by Rui » Sep 5th, '16, 06:42

kuánglóng wrote:
Rui wrote: Unfortunately not. Very seldom I get two's but maybe I should have got this one by the sounds of it.

As to 7542's when you have a chance get yourself a sample of GTG's traditionally stored 2005 Menghai 7542. It is good with very little wet storage characteristics except that it is now pretty well matured.
I've had a 50g sample of this one [green Dayi] and posted some lines about my experiences a couple days ago. Like you've said, Rui, a nice example with clean storage and no funky notes. Whatever I've tried though it fell a bit too short in the aftertaste department; I got some slightly better results in the gaiwan.
Great. I must have forgotten your comments or it was while I was away for few days.

Sep 5th, '16, 06:42

by Rui » Sep 5th, '16, 06:42

Today I am revisiting 2015 Yunnan Sourcing LAO SHU BAI CHA sheng.

Sep 5th, '16, 12:39

by stevorama » Sep 5th, '16, 12:39

kuánglóng wrote:2014 Qing Mei Shan
I really like the 2015 Qing Mei Shan. Haven't tried the other years.

Drinking 2013 Theosophie Bulang Ancient Tree shou this morning. Excellent quality in a ripe tea.

Sep 6th, '16, 23:05

by debunix » Sep 6th, '16, 23:05

2007 Mengku organic sheng--a beeng I bought from Wing Hop Fung recently. It is powerful stuff, and I'm drinking a lot of very dilute infusions, but they go down so pleasantly, with sweet/herbs/earth and lovely golden liquor inviting long gazing in a snowflake cup by Shawn McGuire. I started a series of photos of this one, from the unwrapped beeng to the liquor, and just need to save the leaves this time for post-infusion spreading out, then will come back to share.

Sep 7th, '16, 02:34

by Rui » Sep 7th, '16, 02:34

2010 Jingmai - Manjing village raw pu'er from Terre de Ciel in France.

Sep 7th, '16, 03:22

by kuánglóng » Sep 7th, '16, 03:22

debunix wrote:2007 Mengku organic sheng--a beeng I bought from Wing Hop Fung recently. It is powerful stuff, and I'm drinking a lot of very dilute infusions, but they go down so pleasantly, with sweet/herbs/earth and lovely golden liquor inviting long gazing in a snowflake cup by Shawn McGuire. I started a series of photos of this one, from the unwrapped beeng to the liquor, and just need to save the leaves this time for post-infusion spreading out, then will come back to share.
Shuangjiang Mengku is my favorite of the larger factories; I have a nice collection of their bings and keep adding more.
Last night I've sipped some of their 2011 spring tips and twelve hours later there's still some captivating perfumy scent left in my sniffing cup. Nice bang for the buck - looking forward to your images, Deb.

Sep 7th, '16, 03:52

by kuánglóng » Sep 7th, '16, 03:52

Rui wrote:2010 Jingmai - Manjing village raw pu'er from Terre de Ciel in France.
How did you like it, Rui? I'll probably shoot them a test order this week.

Sep 7th, '16, 10:32

by Rui » Sep 7th, '16, 10:32

kuánglóng wrote:
Rui wrote:2010 Jingmai - Manjing village raw pu'er from Terre de Ciel in France.
This particular tea is sold out and I managed to get only the last 50-100 grams of leaves. It is well matured with the colour of old gold, no wet notes and slightly sweet after the second steep but with a strong sweet aroma throughout the session. My colleague here also liked it.

As far as I can recall (my diary is not here with me), of the Jingmai teas still in stock, I particularly liked the years 2010 and 2012.

Of course all these are personal opinions and other people could think differently.

Actually, have you tried their 2011 Kunlu tea? I have been curious about that one but wow have I got enough tea in my hands! :shock:

Sep 7th, '16, 10:36

by Rui » Sep 7th, '16, 10:36

kuánglóng wrote:
debunix wrote:2007 Mengku organic sheng--a beeng I bought from Wing Hop Fung recently. It is powerful stuff, and I'm drinking a lot of very dilute infusions, but they go down so pleasantly, with sweet/herbs/earth and lovely golden liquor inviting long gazing in a snowflake cup by Shawn McGuire. I started a series of photos of this one, from the unwrapped beeng to the liquor, and just need to save the leaves this time for post-infusion spreading out, then will come back to share.
Shuangjiang Mengku is my favorite of the larger factories; I have a nice collection of their bings and keep adding more.
Last night I've sipped some of their 2011 spring tips and twelve hours later there's still some captivating perfumy scent left in my sniffing cup. Nice bang for the buck - looking forward to your images, Deb.
Another tea factory I also like is Chen Sheng Hao. I think I have a couple of their raw pu'er cakes.

Sep 7th, '16, 10:43
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 7th, '16, 10:43

2016 YS San Ke Shu (Three Tree) sheng sample. I like this tea--dry leaf has gushu-like wildflower aromas, but different. In the cup, I get a touch of date along with the wildflowers, and even a touch of green gaoshan cantaloupe. Relaxing cha qi. Clean tea, as Scott describes it, and the bitterness and mouthfeel are definitely present. I would like more intensity of flavor, but the flavor this tea has is lovely and persists on the palate. Perhaps it will be more flavorful now that the bag is open and breathing in warmer, moister air. I'll give it another whirl in a few weeks.

Sep 7th, '16, 10:55

by kuánglóng » Sep 7th, '16, 10:55

Rui wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:
This particular tea is sold out and I managed to get only the last 50-100 grams of leaves. It is well matured with the colour of old gold, no wet notes and slightly sweet after the second steep but with a strong sweet aroma throughout the session. My colleague here also liked it.

As far as I can recall (my diary is not here with me), of the Jingmai teas still in stock, I particularly liked the years 2010 and 2012.

Of course all these are personal opinions and other people could think differently.

Actually, have you tried their 2011 Kunlu tea? I have been curious about that one but wow have I got enough tea in my hands! :shock:
Thanks for sharing your impressions, Rui.
I haven't tried their 2011 Kunlu but it sure caught my attention and I have a sample and the 2016 Spring Kunlu (100g) in the shopping cart among some other tea - I'll report back.

Sep 8th, '16, 02:36

by Rui » Sep 8th, '16, 02:36

kuánglóng wrote:Thanks for sharing your impressions, Rui.
I haven't tried their 2011 Kunlu but it sure caught my attention and I have a sample and the 2016 Spring Kunlu (100g) in the shopping cart among some other tea - I'll report back.
Thank you very much. I would appreciate the comments.

Sep 12th, '16, 07:19

by Rui » Sep 12th, '16, 07:19

Today I am sipping Jingmai 2007 (Reserve) which I purchased from Terre de Ciel in France. Few years storage in China made this tea very smooth and sweet with no astringency or bitterness to speak of.

Sep 12th, '16, 08:34

by kuánglóng » Sep 12th, '16, 08:34

2012 Sen Zhi Kui Bada Mtn - 5g/~80ml in a celadon gaiwan

I'm glad I didn't trust my first impressions and bought a couple 200g bings anyway. Almost 4 months down the road the dominant pee-ish note is almost gone, it's notably darker and sweeter with a somewhat thicker texture and more complex, mellower and less metallic, stone-fruity aftertaste. Not the most impressive tea in the somatics or huigan department but interesting and strong enough and if the maturation moves on like this might turn into something pretty pleasant.

+ Post Reply