Henley, we will make you GREEN yet!!!RussianSoul wrote:Yay! It is very good, I agree!henley wrote:The box is officially open & I'm finishing my first tea of the day. There were many choices but decided to try the Wen Mtn Baozhong Oolong. After steeping, it was a lighter oolong than I'm used to so I was scared it might taste "green" but it's been surprising pleasant. Off to try a second steep.
Russian Soul, thanx for sharing about the Hashiri earlier. I think you have hit upon a major point, less leaf. I have been using around 5 grams per 200ml (6.8 OZ). Olivier would go even higher. Since it is asamushi, I usually go higher. I will try less and see.
I personally think that the "naive bitterness" that Mr. Den speaks of with the Hashiri is a significant part of the tea intended to be brought out in the brewing. But that does not mean that is how we have to brew it.