Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Apr 25th, '09, 16:13

by Trioxin » Apr 25th, '09, 16:13

shogun89 wrote:
Very nice, out of curiosity, what humidity are you holding there?
She's holding steady at around 60%-65% with two bowls of water. Very fragrant when you open the lid.

Apr 25th, '09, 17:12

by shogun89 » Apr 25th, '09, 17:12

Very nice, I need to get something like that.

Apr 25th, '09, 17:35

humidity

by Apostle » Apr 25th, '09, 17:35

Hi Folks...

I'm always following these topics and now a curiosity has arisen in me. I will be moving to Vancouver at the end of the month and as some of you may know, Vancouver has a high humidity level. I'm just wondering if it's going to be too high for my pu's and if so, will I need to dehumidify them?

Apr 25th, '09, 18:26

by shogun89 » Apr 25th, '09, 18:26

Whats the humidity? I would say anything over 80% will need a dehumidifier.

Apr 25th, '09, 19:39

by PolyhymnianMuse » Apr 25th, '09, 19:39

From Wiki:
The most humid cities on earth are generally located closer to the equator, near coastal regions. Cities in South and Southeast Asia seem to be among the most humid such as Kolkata and those in Kerala in India, the cities of Manila in the Philippines and Bangkok in Thailand: these places experience extreme humidity during their rainy seasons combined with warmth giving the feel of a lukewarm Sauna. Darwin, Australia experiences an extremely humid wet season from December to April. Kuala Lumpur and Singapore have very high humidity all year round because of their proximity to water bodies and the Equator and overcast weather; despite sunshine, perfectly clear days are rare in these locations and it is often misty. In cooler places such as Northern Tasmania, Australia, high humidity is experienced all year due to the ocean between mainland Australia and Tasmania. In the summer the hot dry air is absorbed by this ocean and the temperature rarely climbs above 35 degrees Celsius.

In the United States the most humid cities, strictly in terms of relative humidity, are Forks and Olympia, Washington. This fact may come as a surprise to many, as the climate in this region rarely exhibits the discomfort usually associated with high humidity. Dew points are typically much lower on the West Coast than on the East. Because high dew points play a more significant role than relative humidity in the discomfort created during humid days, the air in these western cities usually does not feel "humid."
And THIS is more area specific and might help a great deal :lol:

Sadly its only on US cities, but I can't imagine humidity getting all that much higher the more north you go.

Apr 25th, '09, 22:15

by Apostle » Apr 25th, '09, 22:15

PolyhymnianMuse wrote:From Wiki:
The most humid cities on earth are generally located closer to the equator, near coastal regions. Cities in South and Southeast Asia seem to be among the most humid such as Kolkata and those in Kerala in India, the cities of Manila in the Philippines and Bangkok in Thailand: these places experience extreme humidity during their rainy seasons combined with warmth giving the feel of a lukewarm Sauna. Darwin, Australia experiences an extremely humid wet season from December to April. Kuala Lumpur and Singapore have very high humidity all year round because of their proximity to water bodies and the Equator and overcast weather; despite sunshine, perfectly clear days are rare in these locations and it is often misty. In cooler places such as Northern Tasmania, Australia, high humidity is experienced all year due to the ocean between mainland Australia and Tasmania. In the summer the hot dry air is absorbed by this ocean and the temperature rarely climbs above 35 degrees Celsius.

In the United States the most humid cities, strictly in terms of relative humidity, are Forks and Olympia, Washington. This fact may come as a surprise to many, as the climate in this region rarely exhibits the discomfort usually associated with high humidity. Dew points are typically much lower on the West Coast than on the East. Because high dew points play a more significant role than relative humidity in the discomfort created during humid days, the air in these western cities usually does not feel "humid."
And THIS is more area specific and might help a great deal :lol:

Sadly its only on US cities, but I can't imagine humidity getting all that much higher the more north you go.
I'm not sure what the humidity in Vancouver is but probably it would be the same as in Olympia Washington. They are both located in what is known as, temperate rain forest, and although they don't get the searing heat of the equatorial locales, they definitely get more than their share of rain and overcast days.

Apr 25th, '09, 22:18

by Apostle » Apr 25th, '09, 22:18

I just looked at the "THIS" link and saw that Bellingham, Washington has the highest humidity in the US at 79.4%....Vancouver is just a hop across the border from Bellingham.

Apr 26th, '09, 01:08

by coloradopu » Apr 26th, '09, 01:08

i have lurked long and thought i might post link to my pics of pu in colorado @ 10,000 foot. hard to keep pu here.

http://cid-8d3e647e8c384893.skydrive.li ... 255117.JPG

Apr 26th, '09, 10:10

by shogun89 » Apr 26th, '09, 10:10

coloradopu wrote:i have lurked long and thought i might post link to my pics of pu in colorado @ 10,000 foot. hard to keep pu here.

What an excellent setup and collection you have there. I am seriously considering getting a humidifier as well but there are so many I am just overwhelmed.

Apr 26th, '09, 16:34

by Apostle » Apr 26th, '09, 16:34

coloradopu wrote:i have lurked long and thought i might post link to my pics of pu in colorado @ 10,000 foot. hard to keep pu here.

Hey! Great looking storage closet full of Pu! In England, a small room for poo is called a "loo"....so maybe you have a Pu Loo! LOL! OK...It was droll but, I had to throw it out there! :)

Apr 26th, '09, 23:59

by coloradopu » Apr 26th, '09, 23:59

Hey! Great looking storage closet full of Pu! In England, a small room for poo is called a "loo"....so maybe you have a Pu Loo! LOL! OK...It was droll but, I had to throw it out there!
hay Apostle in loo of your drool i must LOL ! and it is ok i understand seeing how i do not know if you are a nufee or not and if you are its o.k. too. :shock:
the other door is the loo!! :P
any who thanks for the comments

hay you too 89 just go for it.

also if you all / ya'll have any kin-a good ideas about shack'n poo or something like that please let me hear about it. or point me in the right direction. I am new and could use any good advice.

thanks ,
the rocky mountain coonass

May 29th, '09, 16:53

by tony shlongini » May 29th, '09, 16:53

May 29th, '09, 16:58

by shogun89 » May 29th, '09, 16:58

tony shlongini wrote:Image
Awesomeness!

May 29th, '09, 19:56

by puerhking » May 29th, '09, 19:56

tony shlongini wrote:Image
Nice score bro.......nice score. 8)