Friday TeaDay 8/29/08 Tea and disease prevention?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Do you believe that tea can be instrumental in preventing more serious and life threatening disease such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and others?

Yes, I believe it can
27%
Yes, I am at least hopeful that it is possible
22%
Maybe
32%
No, I doubt it
13%
Definitely not
3%
Other
3%

Total votes: 60

Aug 30th, '08, 21:15

by britt » Aug 30th, '08, 21:15

I have seen the unquestionable health benefits of Japanese sencha, on myself and others.

An accident about 20 years ago when I was a pedestrian in a hit and run automobile accident had left swelling in one knee. It never bothered me, but it was definitely there. A few years ago I strated drinking sencha every day and about 6 months later I noticed the swelling was gone. I don't think after all those years that this was a coincidence.

I got my sister to try it and she was able to dump the prescription and the doctor, as the sencha did more than the medication. The prescription provided a temporary relief, while the sencha actually cured the problem after several months of drinking it AFTER stopping the medication. A co-worker put her father on sencha with the same results. These two cases also involved swelling, but of the stomach.

I would think that if these results are so evident, that tea will likely prevent or reduce the risk of more serious medical problems as well. Tea is a natural product, and nature can often heal if we allow it to. The state of mind is also important; you must allow nature to do its job and believe that it will.

Aug 30th, '08, 23:52
Scrolling: scrolling

by silverneedles » Aug 30th, '08, 23:52

my only thing is: if more and more people get to drinking tea FOR HEALTH "benefits" primarily and not for taste, this would ripple down to the businessman, marketer, and producer so they end up with the idea that- hey these people don't really care what it tastes like as long as there are supposed benefits from this leaf which we can also label natural and organic for even more marketing power, so lets just throw whatever in a bag and they'll buy it.

so couple years from now there's only some rushed to sell, freshest crop, rushed oxidation black teas, greenest greens, most organic green oolongs etcetera. maybe not now that producing methods are still governed by old standards... but as new people slowly infuse and dilute old ideas....