Official Pu of the day

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jun 21st, '11, 04:28

Re: Pu of the day

by auhckw » Jun 21st, '11, 04:28

2009 Dayi 8582 Raw - I took some of this sample and left if on my desk for a few months. Not too sure whether it has fasten its fermentation. Decided to brew it today. This is not a strong tea, mild. After soaking, it gives some astrigency. It has a nice aroma and gives sweet aftertaste. The aroma surrounds the inner mouth and saliva flows out. There is some light taste of 'zhang xiang' coming out from this. Maybe with further fermentation, this will show more 'zhang xiang' taste. Only time will tell.

Jun 21st, '11, 07:10
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Jun 21st, '11, 07:10

auhckw wrote:One side black One side white tea - Got this sample from a friend. Gave it a try. Smells and taste like red tea. Light sweetness aftertaste with the aroma lingering in mouth. Unfortunately, I don't red tea. Have to take mint after drinking it.
Huh, so it smells and tastes like red/black tea, but it doesn't brew anywhere near the "normal" color of one...? Weird. Or did I miss something?

On the 10 year brick that still tastes green -- storage might be the issue, but compression also seems to play a factor. More tightly compressed teas seem to age slower, and bricks do tend to be tightly compressed...

Jun 21st, '11, 08:44

by auhckw » Jun 21st, '11, 08:44

Drax wrote:
auhckw wrote:One side black One side white tea - Got this sample from a friend. Gave it a try. Smells and taste like red tea. Light sweetness aftertaste with the aroma lingering in mouth. Unfortunately, I don't red tea. Have to take mint after drinking it.
Huh, so it smells and tastes like red/black tea, but it doesn't brew anywhere near the "normal" color of one...? Weird. Or did I miss something?

On the 10 year brick that still tastes green -- storage might be the issue, but compression also seems to play a factor. More tightly compressed teas seem to age slower, and bricks do tend to be tightly compressed...
Yes, it is weird. My colleagues was also confused. When I see my friend again, will ask about this 'special' tea.

Jun 21st, '11, 14:40
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jun 21st, '11, 14:40

auhckw wrote:
Drax wrote:

Yes, it is weird. My colleagues was also confused. When I see my friend again, will ask about this 'special' tea.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rNl5VRNLz_s/S ... 35cc_b.jpg

Moon Light White. I still dont understand this puerh....

http://themandarinstea.blogspot.com/200 ... -2007.html

Jun 21st, '11, 15:04

by the_skua » Jun 21st, '11, 15:04

That cake looks like pressed Bai Mu Dan.

Jun 21st, '11, 15:09
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jun 21st, '11, 15:09

the_skua wrote:That cake looks like pressed Bai Mu Dan.
Close Skua... but without the black back of leaves.

Here is a pressed Bai Mu Dan cake.

Jun 21st, '11, 19:30

by whatsinaname » Jun 21st, '11, 19:30

The 2008 stone-pressed Yiwu is $40 now at YS. Already watching my puerh collection appreciate in value. This tea is yummy!

Dayi 8582-801, what with all the 8582 talk lately. Encouraging signs of change for the better here in coastal NE, but just now barely drinkable. Another five years for this at least!

Trying to decide, if I do so, which 2011 EOT production to open. I am a weak man...

Jun 22nd, '11, 05:06

by auhckw » Jun 22nd, '11, 05:06

2003 Dayi Meng Hai Early Spring Qiao Mu Yuan Cha Raw - The shop owner was saying there are lot of fakes out there and his is real (would he say his is not?). Anyway, this has a unique aroma. The shop owner was saying the unique taste is 'Qiao Mu' taste. The tea colour shows it has aged well. A bit astrigency but sweet aftertaste. Kind of nice, but a little expensive for a year 2003.

Jun 22nd, '11, 09:34
Vendor Member

by IPT » Jun 22nd, '11, 09:34

That is a nice tea. Did you get a chance to try it? Are you thinking of picking one up? I might break one out tonight.

Jun 22nd, '11, 09:46

by auhckw » Jun 22nd, '11, 09:46

IPT wrote:That is a nice tea. Did you get a chance to try it? Are you thinking of picking one up? I might break one out tonight.
Yes I tried it. The cup is showing the tea. I liked it... just don't feel like spending on it since it is quite expensive for 1 piece. KIV first when I have more $$$
Last edited by auhckw on Jun 22nd, '11, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 22nd, '11, 09:48

by auhckw » Jun 22nd, '11, 09:48

2006 Kunming 6611 Raw - I was told that this is one of the 1st or 2nd tea being produced by kunming after the factory reopens for biz. I have tried this many times few months ago. Last I recall, it is sometimes good and sometimes it was not. My friend brought it today, didn't manage to brew it... so took the photos.

Jun 22nd, '11, 10:11
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jun 22nd, '11, 10:11

auhckw wrote:2003 Dayi Meng Hai Early Spring Qiao Mu Yuan Cha Raw - The shop owner was saying there are lot of fakes out there and his is real (would he say his is not?). Anyway, this has a unique aroma. The shop owner was saying the unique taste is 'Qiao Mu' taste. The tea colour shows it has aged well. A bit astrigency but sweet aftertaste. Kind of nice, but a little expensive for a year 2003.
Hi Auhckw,
Would you kindly let me know how much they are selling for? Many Thanks ~ Toki

Jun 22nd, '11, 10:15

by auhckw » Jun 22nd, '11, 10:15

TIM wrote:
auhckw wrote:2003 Dayi Meng Hai Early Spring Qiao Mu Yuan Cha Raw - The shop owner was saying there are lot of fakes out there and his is real (would he say his is not?). Anyway, this has a unique aroma. The shop owner was saying the unique taste is 'Qiao Mu' taste. The tea colour shows it has aged well. A bit astrigency but sweet aftertaste. Kind of nice, but a little expensive for a year 2003.
Hi Auhckw,
Would you kindly let me know how much they are selling for? Many Thanks ~ Toki
Actually I posted the price earlier but edited it away. From now on, I will not post price on public topics. Not nice to show the price openly since there are sellers trying to make a living.

I will PM you the price :)

Jun 22nd, '11, 11:20
Vendor Member

by TIM » Jun 22nd, '11, 11:20

auhckw wrote:Actually I posted the price earlier but edited it away. From now on, I will not post price on public topics. Not nice to show the price openly since there are sellers trying to make a living.

Thanks You Auhckw. You should get at least one :wink: ~ Toki

Jun 22nd, '11, 13:09

by apache » Jun 22nd, '11, 13:09

TIM wrote:
auhckw wrote:Actually I posted the price earlier but edited it away. From now on, I will not post price on public topics. Not nice to show the price openly since there are sellers trying to make a living.

Thanks You Auhckw. You should get at least one :wink: ~ Toki
Toki,

I can see you have at least a tong of the same tea.
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=615

Wonder how much would you sell yours? :wink:

+ Post Reply