User avatar
Dec 22nd, '10, 23:09
Posts: 1675
Joined: May 22nd, '09, 08:23
Location: Northern California

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Seeker » Dec 22nd, '10, 23:09

Wow jeikun!
Great chawan!
Jayzo creates some seriously stunning pieces.
Enjoy!
And thanks for sharing those stunning shots!
:mrgreen:

User avatar
Dec 22nd, '10, 23:11
Posts: 1675
Joined: May 22nd, '09, 08:23
Location: Northern California

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Seeker » Dec 22nd, '10, 23:11

I must say I am a-drool what with all these beautiful new chawan you all are sharing!
But light blooms in the distance...
I brought some matcha with me on my Christmas travels, and me hopes to receive a new bowl from Santa. :wink:
Gotta be prepared, heh heh.
:mrgreen:

User avatar
Dec 23rd, '10, 00:57
Posts: 94
Joined: Sep 13th, '10, 22:47
Location: Texas

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by JeiKun4114 » Dec 23rd, '10, 00:57

Thanks Chip and Seeker :D

This is my first Chawan and I am very pleased :mrgreen:. Jayzo has some amazing skill :D

User avatar
Dec 24th, '10, 18:25
Posts: 302
Joined: Jan 2nd, '10, 09:28
Location: South Texas

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Ambrose » Dec 24th, '10, 18:25

More of the same, today was a grand session !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Dec 24th, '10, 18:55
Posts: 1675
Joined: May 22nd, '09, 08:23
Location: Northern California

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Seeker » Dec 24th, '10, 18:55

Beautiful!

User avatar
Jan 3rd, '11, 01:50
Posts: 2794
Joined: Oct 17th, '08, 01:01
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Drax » Jan 3rd, '11, 01:50

I suppose this piece counts as a chawan. It might lean more toward a tea 'bowl' size... it's a Bizen piece, with the mentori (chamfered) style. Very solid.

Image

User avatar
Jan 4th, '11, 09:17
Posts: 1675
Joined: May 22nd, '09, 08:23
Location: Northern California

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Seeker » Jan 4th, '11, 09:17

Ooooo

more pics please?

looks awesome!

User avatar
Jan 7th, '11, 20:00
Posts: 468
Joined: Aug 6th, '10, 07:45
Location: Norway

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Nenugal » Jan 7th, '11, 20:00

Today's matcha in the office. My chawan is a cheap and simple ippuku-wan from Ryu Mei, so I added a gecko to try to make it more interesting.
IMG_6244a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Jan 8th, '11, 04:19
Posts: 302
Joined: Jan 2nd, '10, 09:28
Location: South Texas

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Ambrose » Jan 8th, '11, 04:19

super premium from hibikian in my Mid Showa period Hikidashi-guro :D I love this chawan! So much energy definitely a beauty in black zen :mrgreen: I swear my matcha tastes better, Ill have to take more pics in the light box next time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Jan 9th, '11, 02:41
Posts: 2794
Joined: Oct 17th, '08, 01:01
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Drax » Jan 9th, '11, 02:41

Another pic of my new bizen chawan. The coloring goes from a dark olive green/brown to a light brown around the outside.

Image

Still not the best shot... I swear the past two weekends have been cloudy all day, it's been hard to get good lighting...!

User avatar
Jan 9th, '11, 07:11
Posts: 1675
Joined: May 22nd, '09, 08:23
Location: Northern California

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Seeker » Jan 9th, '11, 07:11

Great sharings, thank you!!!
Keep 'em comin'.
Luuuuuuv the matcha and chawan shots.
Nice gecko!
Sweet foam!
:mrgreen:

User avatar
Jan 9th, '11, 20:32
Posts: 1289
Joined: May 10th, '08, 23:22
Location: Kentucky

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by kymidwife » Jan 9th, '11, 20:32

As if any of us needs another source for shopping... but I need some healthy competition for buying so I don't spend all my money, and I'm not so much a chawan person anyway (but he has some nice yunomi too)...

ArttoHold on Etsy...

Image

User avatar
Jan 9th, '11, 20:58
Posts: 1675
Joined: May 22nd, '09, 08:23
Location: Northern California

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Seeker » Jan 9th, '11, 20:58

I was just checking out his stuff on etsy the other day. yes, some really cool looking stuff. I was very, very tempted. Thanks for sharing and for the lovely photo.

User avatar
Jan 11th, '11, 06:18
Posts: 71
Joined: Jan 8th, '11, 21:50

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Takarabune » Jan 11th, '11, 06:18

Ambrose wrote:super premium from hibikian in my Mid Showa period Hikidashi-guro :D I love this chawan! So much energy definitely a beauty in black zen :mrgreen: I swear my matcha tastes better, Ill have to take more pics in the light box next time.
I agree! Black chawans really do bring out the beauty of matcha.

User avatar
Jan 13th, '11, 07:04
Posts: 71
Joined: Jan 8th, '11, 21:50

Re: Today's MatchaWan :D (new name, but tea's the same)

by Takarabune » Jan 13th, '11, 07:04

Seeker wrote:Image

shyrabbit red, an amazing chawan. Heroic.
One of my absolute favs.
Cheers.
Love the shape! Great colors, too!