Thursday will be TeaDay 6/19/08

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Your ONE favorite teaware color is...?

Clear
27%
White
11%
Blue
16%
Green
7%
Brown
13%
red/orange
4%
Purple
No votes
Tan
2%
Black
2%
Silver
No votes
Other
18%

Total votes: 45

Jun 19th, '08, 20:16

by henley » Jun 19th, '08, 20:16

tenuki wrote:
henley wrote:Thought I would post a reality check. This is in honor of all the lovely photos that get posted & the part of them that nobody sees.
You wash your teaware!?!?!!?
Yeah, I know some of you are desperately trying to get tea stains on your wares but that's not the case w/porcelain & bone china... not unless you want penicillin tea. :P *bleck*

Jun 19th, '08, 21:06
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Jun 19th, '08, 21:06

witches brew wrote:Image

A very pale, cold-water, second infusion of Tie Guan Yin. Very refreshing.

Counting my way through my teaware, I find that brown is the predominant color. But there's nothing like a simple white cup to capture the beauty of the tea itself.
Gorgeous!

Jun 19th, '08, 22:13

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jun 19th, '08, 22:13

henley wrote:CK-I'll have to try the masala chai w/honey. Sounds promising.
I tried it with just honey, no milk, and it still tastes pretty good.

Jun 19th, '08, 22:38

by kymidwife » Jun 19th, '08, 22:38

I picked blue because I just couldn't decide what to pick... but remembered seeing a nice blue cup with a white interior. My own collection of teaware is sadly lacking... mostly consisting of big mugs decorated with various Disney characters... and tea looks particularly lovely in my favorite Tigger mug, I must admit.

I have some really nice china left to me by my grandmother... made in occupied Japan... but its all packed away. Maybe I will dig out a cup and saucer so I can be all girlie fru-fru like some of the rest of ya'll.

In my cup... a variety throughout the day... Yunnan Jig this morning... iced sweet cranberry black with Assam Gold Rain during the morning hours at work... and then again when I got home, but this time in a nice hot cup.

I'm thinking to try something green tonight but afraid I'll be up all night... so maybe tomorrow. I need to get some sencha to try...

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jun 19th, '08, 22:40

by Sam. » Jun 19th, '08, 22:40

Blue or white. Or greyish. I like neutral tones, not bright colours, for my teaware. Something calming like the tea inside.

Jun 19th, '08, 23:02

by Victoria » Jun 19th, '08, 23:02

tenuki wrote:
Victoria wrote: I am starting to realize Tung Ting is not a favorite.
Until you taste the spring 2008 Dong Ding from FLT that's in the oolong pass box... ;)
Never say never!

Glad you said that, because I may not have taken a sample.

Jun 19th, '08, 23:16

by Salsero » Jun 19th, '08, 23:16

kymidwife wrote:I have some really nice china left to me by my grandmother... made in occupied Japan... but its all packed away. Maybe I will dig out a cup and saucer so I can be all girlie fru-fru like some of the rest of ya'll.
Start digging!

Jun 19th, '08, 23:19

by tenuki » Jun 19th, '08, 23:19

Victoria wrote:
tenuki wrote:
Until you taste the spring 2008 Dong Ding from FLT that's in the oolong pass box... ;)
Never say never!

Shuiwen made me have some last time I was in there. The whole time I was drinking it I was saying to myself... "I don't like this but it's good tea, I bet Victoria would."
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

Jun 19th, '08, 23:21

by Chip » Jun 19th, '08, 23:21

Salsero wrote:
witches brew wrote:Image

A very pale, cold-water, second infusion of Tie Guan Yin. Very refreshing.

Counting my way through my teaware, I find that brown is the predominant color. But there's nothing like a simple white cup to capture the beauty of the tea itself.
Gorgeous!
Girly and Asian too...wow, like having our cake and eating it too!!!

Hashiri shincha...man this is getting better each time. Really wondrous this time. I only have a few sessions left.

As I mentioned ealier, had matcha today. Just an everyday matcha. But still really good. I hope to have Manten Matcha manana!
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Jun 19th, '08, 23:23

by Chip » Jun 19th, '08, 23:23

Victoria wrote:
tenuki wrote:
Never say never!

HEY..save some for me. I am soooo far down the list. :D
Last edited by Chip on Jun 19th, '08, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 19th, '08, 23:23

by Geekgirl » Jun 19th, '08, 23:23

It actually got warm here today! *blink* yes 75 degrees is warm LOL!

My husband came home from Whole Foods with three bottles of Honest Tea for me to try. He has been drinking them at lunchtime (better than soda!) and said they're a decent bottled option if he can't get homebrew. :lol:

I'm trying Peach oo-la-long. It's not bad, but still too sweet. It contains about 4 teaspoons of sugar, I figure. I usually use that much at the most in a whole 40oz pitcher of tea. It does make me want to hunt down some Peach oolong for home iced tea brewing.

I suppose it's an acceptable option. A few weeks ago we were heading out to the coast, stopped and bought a bottle of Sobe Green Tea. It was the worst thing I've ever had, like drinking corn syrup right out of the bottle. Blech. Neither of us could drink it. This seems like FINE tea in comparison. HA!

Jun 19th, '08, 23:25

by Chip » Jun 19th, '08, 23:25

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:It actually got warm here today! *blink* yes 75 degrees is warm LOL!

My husband came home from Whole Foods with three bottles of Honest Tea for me to try. He has been drinking them at lunchtime (better than soda!) and said they're a decent bottled option if he can't get homebrew. :lol:

I'm trying Peach oo-la-long. It's not bad, but still too sweet. It contains about 4 teaspoons of sugar, I figure. I usually use that much at the most in a whole 40oz pitcher of tea. It does make me want to hunt down some Peach oolong for home iced tea brewing.

I suppose it's an acceptable option. A few weeks ago we were heading out to the coast, stopped and bought a bottle of Sobe Green Tea. It was the worst thing I've ever had, like drinking corn syrup right out of the bottle. Blech. Neither of us could drink it. This seems like FINE tea in comparison. HA!

Coke just bought a 40% stake in Honest TEA...like a day ago with an option to buy it outright.

SOOOOO, enjoy it now.

Jun 19th, '08, 23:55

by Pentox » Jun 19th, '08, 23:55

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:It actually got warm here today! *blink* yes 75 degrees is warm LOL!

I tried those a while ago, and thought it was waaay to sweet. I find the ito-en bottle green tea much better.

Jun 20th, '08, 00:10

by bi lew chun » Jun 20th, '08, 00:10

Chip wrote:Coke just bought a 40% stake in Honest TEA...like a day ago with an option to buy it outright.

SOOOOO, enjoy it now.
Amen.

Seth and Barry say it won't have a negative effect on Honest Tea. However, if you take a look at Tom's of Maine, which has been largely controlled by Colgate-Palmolive since 2006, I wouldn't be so sure.

I've watched Tom's prices creep from a few dollars a tube to over six since Colgate's takeover. Six dollars for a tube of toothpaste! Sometimes I think the corporations who are purchasing controlling shares of small, natural products-oriented companies are more interested in realigning the market position for natural brands seeing explosive growth--in order to ensure that they don't undermine the brands these corporations have been building images for for decades.

Honest Tea does have the Stonyfield yogurt guy on their BOD, which is a little reassuring, but the jury is going to have to take a few balloon rides around the world to figure this one out.

Jun 20th, '08, 00:24

by Geekgirl » Jun 20th, '08, 00:24

Chip wrote:
Coke just bought a 40% stake in Honest TEA...like a day ago with an option to buy it outright.

SOOOOO, enjoy it now.
Fan-flippin'-tastic. :evil:

Unfortunately, the only place I've seen the Ito-En bottled teas is at Uwajimaya, and I don't get over there very often. Meh, it's not like I buy prepared iced tea often.