Wednesday, 7/02/08 TeaDay All time favorite tea?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

OK, your favorite OF ALL TIME NOW, what is your all time favorite tea?

Black
24%
(oolong)
33%
Green
30%
White
2%
Yellow
No votes
Pu-erh
8%
Rooibos
No votes
Herbal
3%
Yerbe Mate
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 63

Jul 2nd, '08, 19:34
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Jul 2nd, '08, 19:34

geeber1 wrote:Veronica,

My oolong sampler arrived today, do you have tips for brewing so MAYBE I'll switch my favorites from black?

I haven't been home yet so don't know exactly what varieties I got, my last Adagio sampler had different teas than were listed.

Vera

P.S. Congrats, Oolong Queen! :D
Are you speaking to me? I'm named after my Great Aunt Victoria Veronica, but you couldn't know that ... :)

Humm so you are asking for help after voting incorrectly?
:)
PM me what ya got and tell me about your pots, ok?
Then maybe will take this discussion to the Oolong forum so
everyone can share the info.
Sound good?

Jul 2nd, '08, 19:36

by geeber1 » Jul 2nd, '08, 19:36

Sounds perfect!

I don't know why I called you Veronica, I guess cuz there's only a few good 'V' names and you and I have the two best ones, then there's Veronica!

Jul 2nd, '08, 19:39

by Victoria » Jul 2nd, '08, 19:39

geeber1 wrote:Sounds perfect!

I don't know why I called you Veronica, I guess cuz there's only a few good 'V' names and you and I have the two best ones, then there's Veronica!
It's ok you got mixed up on the poll too. LOL
:twisted:

Jul 2nd, '08, 19:43

by geeber1 » Jul 2nd, '08, 19:43

I'm just one confused girl in need of help (in so many ways it's scary!)

Jul 2nd, '08, 20:03

by kymidwife » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:03

OK, ironically, I voted BLACK but I am rooting for Oolong to take the prize!

Black has been my staple for years, and I suspect I will always continue to love it. My appreciation for greens is growing, and may skyrocket after my O-cha order arrives. All of my recent favorites are oolongs, so ask me again in a year, and my vote may very well swing.

This morning I had some Lady Grey from Twinings... one cup hot, and the rest over ice taken to work with me. I had alittle iced jasmine oolong throughout the day at work, and a few sips of my cold-brew gyokuro when I arrived home.

In my cup now... Gatorade G2 fruit punch... almost finished a quart. I'm feeling under the weather for a couple of days, and decided to see if my electrolytes are a bit off. Butttttt I just got a package from a teaswap friend, so I am planning to brew up some of Upton's Osmanthus Oolong as soon as I have digested the gatorade. It smells delicate and delightful. Thanks Eric!

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Jul 2nd, '08, 20:13

by bronzebed » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:13

i'm surprised to see oolong getting so much love. personally, i enjoy oolong but greens and whites are by far my favorites.

Jul 2nd, '08, 20:15

by britt » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:15

chamekke wrote:Oolong, oolong, oolong.

I guess shincha season must be over :wink:
For the wise, it is just beginning!

Let's be glad that everyone else doesn't yet recognize the world's greatest tea; if they did, shincha would have sold out in May and we'd be drinking oolong now... :wink:

Jul 2nd, '08, 20:24

by Salsero » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:24

britt wrote: ...and we'd be drinking oolong now...
The horror, the horror!

Jul 2nd, '08, 20:25

by henley » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:25

britt wrote: and we'd be drinking oolong now... :wink:
Only if you're lucky! :lol:

Although I will have to admit, I didn't discover shincha til after the season was over but next year...

Jul 2nd, '08, 20:36

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:36

I have no honest idea what my favorite tea of all time is. I don't feel like I have tried enough teas to make that decision yet. It is definitely a toss up between greens and oolongs, though given the competition at the moment, I choose to remain neutral. I drink more oolongs than greens though, so maybe they have a slight edge.

Today, I enjoyed Oolong #8 for breakfast and during work and had some iced Blackberry Black Tea with dinner. Now I am enjoying some gaiwan-brewed Dan Cong from a tea-swap with TimeforTea. It tastes like mangoes, which has been entertaining me to no end this evening.

Jul 2nd, '08, 20:43

by britt » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:43

henley wrote:
britt wrote: and we'd be drinking oolong now... :wink:
Only if you're lucky! :lol:

Although I will have to admit, I didn't discover shincha til after the season was over but next year...
And I have to admit that I actually drink lots of oolong, and not just the green kind. I currently have in stock 3 Dan Congs, Wuyi Rou Gai, Zheng Cong, 1994 Zheng Cong, Da Yu Ling, and one other high mountain whose name escapes me. I do love oolong, just not as much as I love Japanese green tea (including matcha)!

Why wait until next year? O-Cha still has shincha in stock. Even when the shincha is gone, what will replace it will be very fresh, high quality sencha. Last year I didn't notice any real degradation in sencha until we got around November or December. It was still very good, but at that point I started to look forward to the 2008 harvest.

Jul 2nd, '08, 20:53

by britt » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:53

Cinnamon Kitty wrote:It is definitely a toss up between greens and oolongs, though given the competition at the moment, I choose to remain neutral.
When in doubt, it is always safe to vote GREEN! :wink:

Right now green lags by only three votes; YOUR VOTE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND BRING ABOUT MUCH NEEDED CHANGE!!!

Jul 2nd, '08, 20:57

by tenuki » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:57

tenuki wrote:green is unchanging
oolong rife with mystery
what is your desire

I can't believe nobody participated in my unannounced and unofficial Haiku contest.

Let me sweeten the pot, whoever thinks they win can imagine their favorite tea won today's poll. There, that should get things popping.

Jul 2nd, '08, 21:14

by jim109 » Jul 2nd, '08, 21:14

tenuki wrote:
tenuki wrote:green is unchanging
oolong rife with mystery
what is your desire

I can't believe nobody participated in my unannounced and unofficial Haiku contest.

Let me sweeten the pot, whoever thinks they win can imagine their favorite tea won today's poll. There, that should get things popping.
I'll try

Green how to infuse
Oolong how to confuse
Black the awakening

lol Jim

Jul 2nd, '08, 21:17

by Salsero » Jul 2nd, '08, 21:17

britt wrote:Right now green lags by only three votes; YOUR VOTE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND BRING ABOUT MUCH NEEDED CHANGE!!!
Gee, you and Chip are men with a mission!

Poor puerh, the apex of tea experience is seriously losing here. Ah well, "pleas'd not the million, 'twas caviar to the general." I'll go with the TeaSnob's inverse poll: Most popular, therefore most suitable to the rabble.
jim109 wrote: Green how to infuse
Oolong how to confuse
Black the awakening
Wow! Great!

Last edited by Salsero on Jul 2nd, '08, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.