I stand corrected... been scouring the net looking for identical chops to try to getting closer to the artist since I received the pot a few days ago... almost been an obsession, and a fun thing to do while sipping on my tea. coincidentally right after my last post, I came across chops that lead me to think the pot is made by 周桂珍 , Zhou Gui Zhen (I have a terrible time reading stylized chop marks, particularly those in archaic forms).steanze wrote:They did make very ornate pots in late Qing/early ROC. But they look quite different from that one... for example like this: http://fs01.bokee.net/userfilespace/201 ... 977724.jpgNanoCrazed wrote:
I was suspicious too as it is almost too ornate.
In the pot you posted, the clay looks strangely uniform, with little "sandy" texture, which is strange for a zini from that period. Also the style of the mark is strange for late Qing/ROC. There are many things that all point to it being made much later, after 1990s. I might be wrong, but I'd say there is a 99% chance it's made after 1990, and a 1% chance or less that it's from 1900-1909...
I found several examples of her chops on various works but none exactly in the same style as on the one I have. But over several chops, the character style all line up.