NEW! Official JAPANESE GREEN Tea Vendor Guide

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Oct 10th, '18, 12:35

Re: NEW! Official JAPANESE GREEN Tea Vendor Guide

by 5am » Oct 10th, '18, 12:35

I really enjoy

charaku-tea.com

they have a really good selector pick out there teas I've never been disappointed ordering from them.

Oct 10th, '18, 14:48

by 5am » Oct 10th, '18, 14:48

www.chayotea.com

is an interesting source for oolongs they have some really fair prices on some of the best oolong I've had

ps. I would post this in oolong vendors but the topic has been locked

Apr 17th, '20, 15:41

by max_s » Apr 17th, '20, 15:41

Hi Everyone, I am new to the community and I had a question for you all. I am really interested in supporting small, organic tea growers. I am wondering if you know of a vendor that maintains close ties with their growers, and is transparent in their labor practices. The closest I have been able to find is Yuuki Cha. I am interested in branching out a bit. Thank you!

Apr 18th, '20, 07:41

by JRS22 » Apr 18th, '20, 07:41

max_s wrote: Hi Everyone, I am new to the community and I had a question for you all. I am really interested in supporting small, organic tea growers. I am wondering if you know of a vendor that maintains close ties with their growers, and is transparent in their labor practices. The closest I have been able to find is Yuuki Cha. I am interested in branching out a bit. Thank you!
I can think of 2 such vendors

https://www.thes-du-japon.com/index.php?main_page=index

https://www.the-tea-crane.com/

May 12th, '20, 22:54

by max_s » May 12th, '20, 22:54

JRS22 wrote:
max_s wrote: Hi Everyone, I am new to the community and I had a question for you all. I am really interested in supporting small, organic tea growers. I am wondering if you know of a vendor that maintains close ties with their growers, and is transparent in their labor practices. The closest I have been able to find is Yuuki Cha. I am interested in branching out a bit. Thank you!
I can think of 2 such vendors

https://www.thes-du-japon.com/index.php?main_page=index

https://www.the-tea-crane.com/
Thank you, very much. I came across a great book from the Tea Crane website. It is written by Tyas Sōsen and it's called the Story of Japanese Tea. In the book Sōsen describes the way tea was brewed prior to WWII. Because less fertilizers were used, tea had less caffeine and needed a hotter temperature to bring out the flavors. After doing some digging, I came across Hojo Tea, a small Japanese tea vendor. Akira Hojo, the owner, has written some really informative articles on the subject, for example,

https://hojotea.com/item_e/g32e.htm

I am about to order some natural sencha from Hojo Tea.

I hope this information comes in handy to someone!

Jun 16th, '20, 04:05

by Chesslover » Jun 16th, '20, 04:05

Hello, I used to order sencha from Japan (mostly O-cha, sometimes Yuuki-cha), but since March I have not been able to get my tea delivered (due to coronavirus). EMS packages are stopped for most of Europe. Some vendors are sending tea to USA with Fed-ex, but not to Europe.

Do you know any japanese tea vendor that sends sencha to Europe in these corona-times?

Jun 24th, '20, 17:14

by Andreas » Jun 24th, '20, 17:14

Chesslover wrote: Hello, I used to order sencha from Japan (mostly O-cha, sometimes Yuuki-cha), but since March I have not been able to get my tea delivered (due to coronavirus). EMS packages are stopped for most of Europe. Some vendors are sending tea to USA with Fed-ex, but not to Europe.

Do you know any japanese tea vendor that sends sencha to Europe in these corona-times?
I ordered from both the last weeks and they didn't stop me
the packets are still at the customs in frankfurt but no sign of refused shipping due to corona right now

Oct 25th, '20, 18:11

by Areek » Oct 25th, '20, 18:11

It's true that SAL shipping from Japan is quite impossible. But DHL and EMS shipping works for my (with small delay)
If you are interested in organic japanesse teas check rishe.eu.

Andreas wrote:
Chesslover wrote: Hello, I used to order sencha from Japan (mostly O-cha, sometimes Yuuki-cha), but since March I have not been able to get my tea delivered (due to coronavirus). EMS packages are stopped for most of Europe. Some vendors are sending tea to USA with Fed-ex, but not to Europe.

I ordered from both the last weeks and they didn't stop me
the packets are still at the customs in frankfurt but no sign of refused shipping due to corona right now

+ Post Reply