Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Aug 6th 18 5:59 pm
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

by rdl » Aug 6th 18 5:59 pm

RobWarren wrote: In his last e-mail he essentially said I lacked sophistication and should not buy any handmade products from Japan.
Yuuki-Cha 1.jpgYuuki-Cha 2.jpg[attachment=0]Yuuki-Cha 3.jpg
I received essentially the same opinion of my level of knowledge of Japanese yakimono and took the insult as a reason to not shop with them again. However, with the evaluation came the offer to return the item I purchased. Is that not possible in your case? A full refund including shipping would end the discussion, in my opinion.
It's a shame this is still happening, I sympathize with you.

Aug 6th 18 6:51 pm

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

by RobWarren » Aug 6th 18 6:51 pm

There was no offer of any accommodation of any kind. Just that he was blameless and I lacked sophistication and was ignorant.

A little more context. The chawan that I wanted was listed as out of stock for some time. I sent several message through the website asking to be notified when the item was back in stock as I really liked what the pictures showed me. After one of my requests for notification I did receive a message that there was one in stock and I could order it. I did, and got the blue bowl.

So the set-up of asking repeatedly to be notified when the particular item I was interested in was back in stock, being told there was one left in inventory, and then getting a different product delivered made it feel like an intentional deception to me.

I guess if a $20 sale is more important to him than a long term loyal customer, or his reputation, I am not going to argue with him over that decision.