by rjiwrth » Mar 14th, '10, 04:33
Special Roast Dong Ding:
This is a beautiful tea in appearance, aroma, flavor and feel. The leaves were whole and uncurled beautifully and gradually during each infusion. I wanted to keep the leaves just to look at as they were nearly perfect in appearance. The liquor is a beautiful amber, almost glowing. I experienced undertones of bergamont wrapped in a fruity broth; very bright. No astringency. I did not experience it to be a deep flavor, although I've only had one full gongfu session with the leaves and followed the parameters given by the vendor explicitly. I may mix it up a bit next time. The first infusion was sweet, the second less so. But the brightness of the aroma and fruitiness of the tea lingered into the 5th infusion. I admit taking it to 7 infusions. I am pleased with this tea, although I prefer Oolong with a deeper,darker perfume. If I'm looking for a summer tea that isn't green, this will be it. I would serve this to special guests without hesitation.