Assam Harmony and Melody

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

User avatar
Jul 28th 10 10:44 pm
Posts: 77
Joined: Jul 26th 10 6:36 am
Location: Nevada, USA

Assam Harmony and Melody

by xdunlapx » Jul 28th 10 10:44 pm

I'm interested in your thoughts on adagio's assam harmony and assam melody. I ordered samples of it. I'm looking for a dark tasting tea, as best as I can explain it. I love masala chai and want that similar kind of tea taste and I think assam is a good start, from what I've read about it. Your thoughts?

User avatar
Jul 29th 10 3:23 am
Posts: 578
Joined: Jan 6th 10 2:48 pm
Location: SC

Re: Assam Harmony and Melody

by LauraW » Jul 29th 10 3:23 am

I haven't had Adagio's Assam, but if nothing else, it's a good place to start! As I said in the other thread, I'm a huge fan of Adagio's Yunnan Noir, and it lasts for at least 4 steeps (if I don't forget about it and make it really strong the first time...), so I can drink it all morning at work and get a caffeine-tapering effect, first cup stronger, the rest progressively less caffeine, but I'm still drinking tasty tea that changes flavor slightly with each infusion. But I'd recommend posting up here what you think of the Assam, and maybe we can give some better recommendations after knowing what you think!

User avatar
Jul 29th 10 3:25 am
Posts: 77
Joined: Jul 26th 10 6:36 am
Location: Nevada, USA

Re: Assam Harmony and Melody

by xdunlapx » Jul 29th 10 3:25 am

Great! I'll do that, thank you.