Found my iced tea!

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

User avatar
Aug 26th 10 6:25 pm
Posts: 75
Joined: Aug 7th 10 11:03 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Found my iced tea!

by PamEast » Aug 26th 10 6:25 pm

After much experimentation I finally found a delicious iced tea! I am totally in love with Adagio's Darjeeling #2. To me it has a spicy, almost cinnimon taste to it. And it's devine iced!

I've been icing my various samples for months now, and found a few that were ok. This is the first that I have really loved.

I just wish the teas I keep fallin in love with weren't so darned expensive.

Pam

User avatar
Aug 26th 10 8:30 pm
Posts: 117
Joined: Jul 13th 10 8:15 pm
Location: NY

Re: Found my iced tea!

by Katy1977 » Aug 26th 10 8:30 pm

I'm happy for you Pam, did you cold brew the tea or brew first and then cool it down?

Katy1977

User avatar
Aug 26th 10 11:39 pm
Posts: 75
Joined: Aug 7th 10 11:03 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Found my iced tea!

by PamEast » Aug 26th 10 11:39 pm

I brewed the tea hot and strong, and then poured it over ice.

I was all set to make more, but after looking up the price I think I may have to pace myself a bit. :-/

Pam

Aug 27th 10 8:47 am
Posts: 78
Joined: Nov 24th 08 1:01 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Found my iced tea!

by cyberhoofer » Aug 27th 10 8:47 am

PamEast wrote:I brewed the tea hot and strong, and then poured it over ice.

I was all set to make more, but after looking up the price I think I may have to pace myself a bit. :-/

Pam
I just recently got 2 kilos of 2nd Flush Arya Ruby straight from the estate in India @ 190 USD / kg .Have to try it as iced tea :shock:

Rajiv Lochan from Lochan Tea recommended I should cold brew Margaret's Hope for iced tea. He said it gives best results. Have to try that as well soon.

User avatar
Aug 27th 10 6:29 pm
Posts: 776
Joined: Jul 9th 10 3:17 pm
Location: Florida
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Found my iced tea!

by TwoPynts » Aug 27th 10 6:29 pm

Sounds like a winner Pam, glad you found it! :)

User avatar
Aug 27th 10 10:14 pm
Posts: 75
Joined: Aug 7th 10 11:03 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Found my iced tea!

by PamEast » Aug 27th 10 10:14 pm

What is the procedure for "cold brewing"? I've only ever made iced tea by making hot tea and icing it.

Thanks!

Pam

Aug 28th 10 1:37 pm
Posts: 78
Joined: Nov 24th 08 1:01 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Found my iced tea!

by cyberhoofer » Aug 28th 10 1:37 pm

PamEast wrote:What is the procedure for "cold brewing"? I've only ever made iced tea by making hot tea and icing it.

Thanks!

Pam
Steeping overnight in the fridge, without boiling the water - just a cold liqor.

User avatar
Aug 29th 10 11:28 pm
Posts: 29
Joined: Aug 29th 10 2:08 am
Location: Platform 9 3/4

Re: Found my iced tea!

by MadeForTeaVea » Aug 29th 10 11:28 pm

cyberhoofer wrote:
PamEast wrote:What is the procedure for "cold brewing"? I've only ever made iced tea by making hot tea and icing it.

Thanks!

Pam
Steeping overnight in the fridge, without boiling the water - just a cold liqor.
I've never tried cold brewing it. Does it produce a different flavor?

User avatar
Aug 30th 10 8:06 pm
Posts: 776
Joined: Jul 9th 10 3:17 pm
Location: Florida
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Found my iced tea!

by TwoPynts » Aug 30th 10 8:06 pm

I find it to be mellower, smoother than hot brewing.
I used to make "sun tea" - pop the leaf in and let it sit outside in the sun for a while before chilling. I'm not sure if the sun adds anything to it, but I always enjoyed it.