Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Apr 25th, '17, 20:28
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by Chip » Apr 25th, '17, 20:28

BTW, I just opened O-cha' s Oku Midori fukamushi. Outstanding FUKA, easy brewer, highly aromatic, deep umami/veggie flavor.

Apr 26th, '17, 02:08
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Apr 26th, '17, 02:08

Drinking organic Kiroshima sencha from O-Cha. I've had it in the fridge for two years; just opened the pack up after letting it rest on a shelf for 24 hours. Lovely! Brewed it weaker than I should've but it was delicious and light. Will double up on the leaf tomorrow. Using a nice shudei kyusu and a locally hand-painted porcelain cup from the island of Peng Chau. Going to get through the bag quickly as I hate having greens go stale. From years past I know never to buy too much green tea as I tend to need oolongs and pu in the mix all year round or I get bored, and then the green tea goes stale.

Apr 26th, '17, 05:27

by Rui » Apr 26th, '17, 05:27

2017 Organic Ming Qian Dragon Well from Teavivre my first green tea for this year. :D

Apr 26th, '17, 20:35

by Ferg » Apr 26th, '17, 20:35

Chip wrote: I do not remember the Kinari always being a kabusecha!
I can't be positive, but I believe Maiko described the SK as a kabusecha this past year too. Do you think this description was recently added over time or has the tea itself, or processing thereof, changed? I only have last year's experience to use as a baseline.
Last edited by Ferg on Apr 26th, '17, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

Apr 26th, '17, 20:37

by Ferg » Apr 26th, '17, 20:37

jayinhk wrote: Drinking organic Kiroshima sencha from O-Cha. I've had it in the fridge for two years; just opened the pack up after letting it rest on a shelf for 24 hours. Lovely! Brewed it weaker than I should've but it was delicious and light. Will double up on the leaf tomorrow. Using a nice shudei kyusu and a locally hand-painted porcelain cup from the island of Peng Chau. Going to get through the bag quickly as I hate having greens go stale. From years past I know never to buy too much green tea as I tend to need oolongs and pu in the mix all year round or I get bored, and then the green tea goes stale.
I have to ask, did you only drink that one green tea over the course of the entire day? You recently indicated somewhere you're now limiting yourself to one tea per day. Personally, I would find that difficult to do. Perhaps it would help on the sleep side, but I like something warm to sip on over the morning and into the afternoon...and in the evening for that matter when I swap to an herbal! Off to get my second steeping of peppermint now.

Apr 27th, '17, 00:07
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Apr 27th, '17, 00:07

Ferg wrote:
jayinhk wrote: Drinking organic Kiroshima sencha from O-Cha. I've had it in the fridge for two years; just opened the pack up after letting it rest on a shelf for 24 hours. Lovely! Brewed it weaker than I should've but it was delicious and light. Will double up on the leaf tomorrow. Using a nice shudei kyusu and a locally hand-painted porcelain cup from the island of Peng Chau. Going to get through the bag quickly as I hate having greens go stale. From years past I know never to buy too much green tea as I tend to need oolongs and pu in the mix all year round or I get bored, and then the green tea goes stale.
I have to ask, did you only drink that one green tea over the course of the entire day? You recently indicated somewhere you're now limiting yourself to one tea per day. Personally, I would find that difficult to do. Perhaps it would help on the sleep side, but I like something warm to sip on over the morning and into the afternoon...and in the evening for that matter when I swap to an herbal! Off to get my second steeping of peppermint now.
Yes, that was the only tea of the day! I drank a can of Coke at my desk and some soy milk later in the day though. lol

My caffeine tolerance seems to have gone down, too. The Hekai Gushu from CWS that I had a few days ago really kicked my anxiety up several notches after three infusions.

Apr 27th, '17, 03:07

by William » Apr 27th, '17, 03:07

Enjoying right now some Gyokuro I bought last September (have no idea of the cultivar), simply lovely!
Deep marine/vegetal notes, hints of ripe fruits. Lovely! I brewed this gyokuro quite untraditionally, i.e. with a F1 SP Hongni from early/mid 70s that I usually use for other teas .. So far so good, it brewed the gyokuro like a champion!

Apr 27th, '17, 07:55
Vendor Member

by ethan » Apr 27th, '17, 07:55

jay, here's a theory about caffeine/anxiety level you mentioned: it is not the issue. Theory: you suffer from guilt from enjoying your tea so much. Now that you have developed your palate and skills of acquisition for tea, you are able to drink very good tea & enjoy it; however, something inside you feels you do not deserve it = guilt = anxiety. Suggested solution: drink only your worst teas for a few days, but as much as you want. See what happens. Disclaimer: I am not a psychologist....... Cheers

Apr 27th, '17, 12:47

by debunix » Apr 27th, '17, 12:47

Enjoying some organic sencha from Den's Tea this morning. It does not sing like the Tsuen Aoi that is my favorite, but it is making a pleasant start to the day.

Apr 27th, '17, 14:59

by joelbct » Apr 27th, '17, 14:59

ethan wrote:jay, here's a theory about caffeine/anxiety level you mentioned: it is not the issue. Theory: you suffer from guilt from enjoying your tea so much. Now that you have developed your palate and skills of acquisition for tea, you are able to drink very good tea & enjoy it; however, something inside you feels you do not deserve it = guilt = anxiety. Suggested solution: drink only your worst teas for a few days, but as much as you want. See what happens. Disclaimer: I am not a psychologist....... Cheers
lol ethan

May 1st, '17, 06:23

by William » May 1st, '17, 06:23

Dinner time!
I am brewing some well roasted Hojicha I bought last week, quite tasty!

May 1st, '17, 16:42

by Mrs. Chip » May 1st, '17, 16:42

Woohoo, some Shincha is on its way from Japan. Looks like Shincha will be back on the menu at our TeaTable in a day or 2. Thanks Chip :D

May 1st, '17, 18:07

by victoria3 » May 1st, '17, 18:07

wow sincha is giving me a rush, a caffeine high rush. Those baby leaves sure pack a punch :shock: after another round with Maiko's 2013 seasidy and elegant Sincha Sencha Kinari.

May 1st, '17, 19:17

by davidglass » May 1st, '17, 19:17

victoria3 wrote: wow sincha is giving me a rush, a caffeine high rush. Those baby leaves sure pack a punch :shock: after another round with Maiko's 2013 seasidy and elegant Sincha Sencha Kinari.
How did you keep the 2013 shincha fresh? Magic?

May 1st, '17, 19:52

by victoria3 » May 1st, '17, 19:52

davidglass wrote:
victoria3 wrote: wow sincha is giving me a rush, a caffeine high rush. Those baby leaves sure pack a punch :shock: after another round with Maiko's 2013 seasidy and elegant Sincha Sencha Kinari.
How did you keep the 2013 shincha fresh? Magic?
Odor proof ziplock bags 'Loksak's Opsak' and refrigeration. I recommend after opening tea bag finishing the tea within a few months though as it degrades more quickly. I posted about it here;
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21540

Locksak-Odor-Proof-Bags_sm.jpg
Locksak-Odor-Proof-Bags_sm.jpg (30.91 KiB) Viewed 1020 times

+ Post Reply