Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Apr 6th, '17, 08:05

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by chrl42 » Apr 6th, '17, 08:05

Xie Yu Da's Huangshan Maofeng..

a classic brand..Mingqian one, I'd like it better than ZYY's LJ, although price is much cheaper :P

Apr 10th, '17, 10:42
Vendor Member

by ethan » Apr 10th, '17, 10:42

Drinking Winterpeace from Dr. Chen of Tainan, Taiwan again. I have called this tea excellent w/o anything to put one off. Indeed it is the best green I ever..... nonetheless, I prepared it w/ boiling water today & did manage to coax out a tiny bit of bitterness. I'll return to slightly cooler water and no bitterness at all though others might find such a small touch of bitterness adds character.

Apr 11th, '17, 13:22

by joelbct » Apr 11th, '17, 13:22

"Long Jing" (fancy grade from YS) mixed with Kagoshima Chiran Fukamushi Sencha ;)

I had to run and found ~12 oz of brewed LJ I'd left upstairs, and ~12oz of Sencha, so I just poured them both together in my glass water bottle, and to my surprise the resulting concoction was quite refreshing!

I'll have to try it again sometime.

Apr 11th, '17, 14:28

by victoria3 » Apr 11th, '17, 14:28

joelbct wrote: "Long Jing" (fancy grade from YS) mixed with Kagoshima Chiran Fukamushi Sencha ;)

I had to run and found ~12 oz of brewed LJ I'd left upstairs, and ~12oz of Sencha, so I just poured them both together in my glass water bottle, and to my surprise the resulting concoction was quite refreshing!

Didn't sencha overpower the long jing?

Apr 11th, '17, 14:58
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Apr 11th, '17, 14:58

joelbct wrote: "Long Jing" (fancy grade from YS) mixed with Kagoshima Chiran Fukamushi Sencha ;)

Fukamushi sencha and LJ? :shock:
How it was? Curious curious .. :mrgreen:

Apr 11th, '17, 16:36

by victoria3 » Apr 11th, '17, 16:36

This fall after attending a green tea tasting of micro batches at Tea Habitat I got her Crystal White Long Jing Green Tea 2016 and finally tried it again this weekend. It's from Sheng Shan mountain in Zhe Jiang Province and the leaves are from a mutated tree, tweaked to be white although it is green tea. It's very elegant, fresh and green with a sweet pea light effervescent liquor. Slight umami warmth in its lightness, with a very light elegant fragrance. Like floating clouds. Imen describes this as having Zi Wei - "nourishing taste, like chicken soup that soothes your body and soul". This tea has high energetics, very special.
Attachments
Tea Habitat Crystal White Long Jing Green Tea 2016sm.jpg
Tea Habitat Crystal White Long Jing Green Tea 2016sm.jpg (52.79 KiB) Viewed 773 times
Tea Habitat Crystal White Long Jing Green Tea 2016.jpg
Tea Habitat Crystal White Long Jing Green Tea 2016.jpg (72.07 KiB) Viewed 773 times

Apr 11th, '17, 16:38

by William » Apr 11th, '17, 16:38

victoria3 wrote: This fall after attending a green tea tasting of micro batches at Tea Habitat I got her Crystal White Long Jing Green Tea 2016 and finally tried it again this weekend. It's from Sheng Shan mountain in Zhe Jiang Province and the leaves are from a mutated tree, tweaked to be white although it is green tea. It's very elegant, fresh and green with a sweet pea light effervescent liquor. Slight umami warmth in its lightness, with a very light elegant fragrance. Like floating clouds. Imen describes this as having Zi Wei - "nourishing taste, like chicken soup that soothes your body and soul". This tea has high energetics, very special.
Unrelated to your post but that glass pitcher is amazing :shock:

Ps. That LJ looks so tasty!

Apr 11th, '17, 17:03

by victoria3 » Apr 11th, '17, 17:03

William wrote: Unrelated to your post but that glass pitcher is amazing :shock:

Ps. That LJ looks so tasty!
It's an old pyrex laboratory flask. I have a few others with ml markings which is useful for Japanese greens. Plus they can take the heat.

Apr 11th, '17, 17:54

by William » Apr 11th, '17, 17:54

victoria3 wrote: It's an old pyrex laboratory flask. I have a few others with ml markings which is useful for Japanese greens. Plus they can take the heat.
Thanks for the tip, will procure some for myself, I really like its shape!

Apr 12th, '17, 08:55

Re: RE: Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by joelbct » Apr 12th, '17, 08:55

William wrote:Fukamushi sencha and LJ? :shock:
How it was? Curious curious .. :mrgreen:
Yeah I'm sure I frowned and rolled my eyes to myself as I mixed them together but like I said, came out pretty nicely, to my surprise

Victoria, yeah it kind of complemented eachother, a more delicate LJ-ish sencha :)

I wouldn't try this with Shi Feng or anything, but this LJ (from the "outskirts" of Hangzhou- though not bad at all) is just $13 for 100g, so why not. https://yunnansourcing.com/products/fan ... 5036320134

Apr 12th, '17, 09:08

by William » Apr 12th, '17, 09:08

joelbct wrote: Yeah I'm sure I frowned and rolled my eyes to myself as I mixed them together but like I said, came out pretty nicely, to my surprise

Victoria, yeah it kind of complemented eachother, a more delicate LJ-ish sencha :)

I wouldn't try this with Shi Feng or anything, but this LJ (from the "outskirts" of Hangzhou- though not bad at all) is just $13 for 100g, so why not. https://yunnansourcing.com/products/fan ... 5036320134
This is actually a pretty good idea, Joelbct.
Cheap LJ should pair particularly well with strong grassy/vegetal fukamushi sencha .. I must try! :mrgreen:

Apr 12th, '17, 09:47

by chrl42 » Apr 12th, '17, 09:47

LJ looks good, this particular tea almost never disappoint me..

the leaves look relatively older (meaning plucked later)..thus the price

you could do a quick rinsing if you want, to remove pesticide at any possiblity (maybe none) :)

Apr 14th, '17, 17:59

by victoria3 » Apr 14th, '17, 17:59

William wrote:
joelbct wrote: Yeah I'm sure I frowned and rolled my eyes to myself as I mixed them together but like I said, came out pretty nicely, to my surprise

Cheap LJ should pair particularly well with strong grassy/vegetal fukamushi sencha .. I must try! :mrgreen:
On the other end of the spectrum, I believe Tea Habitat's micro batch Long Jing is the most expensive tea I have purchased to date.

Apr 14th, '17, 18:30

by William » Apr 14th, '17, 18:30

victoria3 wrote:
William wrote:

On the other end of the spectrum, I believe Tea Habitat's micro batch Long Jing is the most expensive tea I have purchased to date.
Price?

Apr 14th, '17, 18:46

by victoria3 » Apr 14th, '17, 18:46

William wrote: Price?
OK a little less than I thought, 644 lb http://www.teahabitat.com/store/index.p ... cts_id=249

+ Post Reply