Nov 8th, '10, 16:01

Trusted teaware websites.

by Cyphre » Nov 8th, '10, 16:01

Last edited by Cyphre on Mar 16th, '11, 12:36, edited 11 times in total.

Nov 8th, '10, 18:26

Re: Trusted teaware websites.

by debunix » Nov 8th, '10, 18:26

A good approximation: review these three topics:

Show off your teaware
Ode to the kyusu
Hagi topic

That will give you ideas for nearly everything, particularly show off your teaware, because people mention their sources of nearly everything shown, from yixing to tokoname to bamboo tea tables.

One single list, a little like the teaVendor forum, would be nice, but we seem to have technical difficulties keeping the official listings up to date.

Personally, I have had very nice teaware & service from
the tokoname.jp catalog
ginkgo
shyrabbit (via TC SO)
Seigan (via TC hagi SO) (not sure where to link--got mine via the TC SOs, but have seen his work in several online shops, like artistic nippon)
tea habitat
hankook

although most of my teaware still comes from my local chinatown teashop, Wing Hop Fung.

Nov 9th, '10, 14:41

by olivierco » Nov 9th, '10, 14:41

Nov 9th, '10, 14:43

by Oni » Nov 9th, '10, 14:43

Essence of tea, Horaido, Artistic Nippon, Maiko, Tea Habitat, Hojo tea, Houdeasianart, generally these sell super high quality stuff, for porcelain Cha Dao, Dragon teahouse (they have great Jingde ware). High quality teaware is rare and expenceive, but they are worth it, they make better tea, and are aestetical.

Nov 9th, '10, 18:42

by Cyphre » Nov 9th, '10, 18:42

I am going to try and keep a list of sites that people suggest.

Nov 9th, '10, 19:37

by entropyembrace » Nov 9th, '10, 19:37

Have had good experience buying teaware from O-cha http://www.o-cha.com/home.php

Nov 9th, '10, 20:17
Vendor Member

by IPT » Nov 9th, '10, 20:17

I have to throw my two cents in and say I am incredibly impressed with Toru at http://www.artisticnippon.com.

For some reason, it is blocked here and I wanted a Kyusu and some other things and he has been so much help! He answered all my stupid questions and kept sending me photos and information.

So, not only does the site have great teaware, but the customer service is incredible!

Nov 9th, '10, 20:57

by iannon » Nov 9th, '10, 20:57

If you are looking for some nice Bizen Yunomi or Guinomi check out
http://www.inbeya.com/englishindex.html

I have only dealt with him once..but..had pretty quick response to email and his packaging was TOP notch. I have to say it even beat out AN's packaging IMHO

Nov 9th, '10, 21:11

by isaac » Nov 9th, '10, 21:11

It is also very important to have a thread of experiences with online sites.

Some may have good experiences whilst others have bad. By stating objectively what is good and what is bad of any site that you have personally experienced, it will be a good gauge for others to form their own conclusion.

Personally I would discount any excellent before-sales service and enquiries. It is the post-sales period that ugliness will surface. At that time, either the online vendor resolve the matter or become extremely rude and belligerent.

Whether that is the fault of the buyer or the seller, a simple statement of facts as well as allowing for both parties to have their say, will make the situation entirely clear to viewers.

Only then, can a teaware site be assessed to be trustworthy or avoided.

Nov 9th, '10, 21:27

by iannon » Nov 9th, '10, 21:27

isaac wrote:It is also very important to have a thread of experiences with online sites.

Some may have good experiences whilst others have bad. By stating objectively what is good and what is bad of any site that you have personally experienced, it will be a good gauge for others to form their own conclusion.

Personally I would discount any excellent before-sales service and enquiries. It is the post-sales period that ugliness will surface. At that time, either the online vendor resolve the matter or become extremely rude and belligerent.

Whether that is the fault of the buyer or the seller, a simple statement of facts as well as allowing for both parties to have their say, will make the situation entirely clear to viewers.

very true..everyone wants to make the sale! I must say that I actually have communicated further post sale on some questions about the purchase as well as other stock inquiries. I dont but a LOT of high end teaware so communication on the front end is important to me obviously. And knock on wood..I have never had any issues with any of the vendors I have purchased from so I really dont know how any of them would respond to problems.
There doesnt seem to be a lot of Bizen vendors out there that I can find anyway so I thought my experience there would shed some light on a perhaps lesser known vendor that I had a great experience with. Perhaps "trusted" site thread wasnt the place for it. I can say i will definately do business with him again. especially since he included a discount for future purchases.. nice marketing touch ;) and like I mentioned..I have yet to have a nicer packaged shipment from anywhere..thus far!

Nov 9th, '10, 22:49

by britt » Nov 9th, '10, 22:49

I would add Magokorodo and Zencha to the list of reliable and trustworthy Japanese teaware vendors.

Nov 10th, '10, 10:53

by Cyphre » Nov 10th, '10, 10:53

britt wrote:I would add Magokorodo and Zencha to the list of reliable and trustworthy Japanese teaware vendors.
Any way you can find the websites? When i do a search I get more then a few and I don't want to post the wrong one.

Nov 10th, '10, 10:56

by Cyphre » Nov 10th, '10, 10:56

isaac wrote:It is also very important to have a thread of experiences with online sites.

I totally agree with this. Any suggestions in how this could be added? Maybe just have people post in here and then we could keep something simple next to the link like a 1 happy / 2 unhappy? That way I can then remove the link if it seems like it was posted in error. Seems people have already start to say if they like the link so something simple like that wouldn't be too hard.

Nov 10th, '10, 11:32

by chicagopotter » Nov 10th, '10, 11:32

Cyphre wrote:
britt wrote:I would add Magokorodo and Zencha to the list of reliable and trustworthy Japanese teaware vendors.
Any way you can find the websites? When i do a search I get more then a few and I don't want to post the wrong one.

http://stores.ebay.com/MAGOKORODO
http://www.zencha.net/index.php

Nov 11th, '10, 01:34

by Oni » Nov 11th, '10, 01:34

http://www.kyoto-teramachi.or.jp/horaido/greentea.htm , do not forget Horaido, that is the best place for japanese teaware.

+ Post Reply