User avatar
Nov 17th 10 7:02 am
Posts: 2004
Joined: Mar 3rd 09 10:18 pm

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by entropyembrace » Nov 17th 10 7:02 am

Tead Off wrote:MIM Silver Blossoms Darjeeling. Primarily whole leaves. Organic.
MIM Silver Blossoms.jpg
where did you find that? I haven´t seem Mim in a long time! :shock:

User avatar
Nov 17th 10 9:32 am
Posts: 4583
Joined: Apr 1st 09 4:48 am
Location: Bangkok

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by Tead Off » Nov 17th 10 9:32 am

entropyembrace wrote:
Tead Off wrote:MIM Silver Blossoms Darjeeling. Primarily whole leaves. Organic.
MIM Silver Blossoms.jpg
where did you find that? I haven´t seem Mim in a long time! :shock:
I bought it in Darjeeling at the Darjeeling Tea Corner. They seem to be the only retail outlet for Mim's higher end production. They told me most of it is sold directly to German and Japanese distributors. This is a high mountain tea garden producing organic tea and is connected to the government somehow. These are some of the best teas I found.

User avatar
Nov 17th 10 7:15 pm
Posts: 2004
Joined: Mar 3rd 09 10:18 pm

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by entropyembrace » Nov 17th 10 7:15 pm

Tead Off wrote:
entropyembrace wrote:
Tead Off wrote:MIM Silver Blossoms Darjeeling. Primarily whole leaves. Organic.
MIM Silver Blossoms.jpg
where did you find that? I haven´t seem Mim in a long time! :shock:
I bought it in Darjeeling at the Darjeeling Tea Corner. They seem to be the only retail outlet for Mim's higher end production. They told me most of it is sold directly to German and Japanese distributors. This is a high mountain tea garden producing organic tea and is connected to the government somehow. These are some of the best teas I found.
Mim was my first darjeeling tea but I´ve never seen any of it for years. :(

I´m not likely to travel to Darjeeling any time soon either :?

User avatar
Nov 17th 10 7:59 pm
Posts: 807
Joined: Jul 9th 10 3:17 pm
Location: Florida

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by TwoPynts » Nov 17th 10 7:59 pm

Adagio's Masters Yunnan Golden Curls blessing my cup with its presence today.

User avatar
Nov 18th 10 5:21 am
Posts: 4583
Joined: Apr 1st 09 4:48 am
Location: Bangkok

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by Tead Off » Nov 18th 10 5:21 am

entropyembrace wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
entropyembrace wrote:
Tead Off wrote:MIM Silver Blossoms Darjeeling. Primarily whole leaves. Organic.
MIM Silver Blossoms.jpg
where did you find that? I haven´t seem Mim in a long time! :shock:
I bought it in Darjeeling at the Darjeeling Tea Corner. They seem to be the only retail outlet for Mim's higher end production. They told me most of it is sold directly to German and Japanese distributors. This is a high mountain tea garden producing organic tea and is connected to the government somehow. These are some of the best teas I found.
Mim was my first darjeeling tea but I´ve never seen any of it for years. :(

I´m not likely to travel to Darjeeling any time soon either :?
I don't have an email or website, but, here is the phone # +91 3542254079

User avatar
Nov 18th 10 7:09 pm
Posts: 807
Joined: Jul 9th 10 3:17 pm
Location: Florida

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by TwoPynts » Nov 18th 10 7:09 pm

2009 Yunnan Pure Small Bud "Gold Tips" from Jas again today.
I'm on a darker tea kick this week it would seem.
:)

Nov 18th 10 8:30 pm
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th 09 5:49 pm
Location: Nor Cal

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by NOESIS » Nov 18th 10 8:30 pm

Bohea Lapsang Supreme.

User avatar
Nov 19th 10 1:30 am
Posts: 2240
Joined: Jul 22nd 09 2:55 pm
Location: Capital of the Mitten

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by AdamMY » Nov 19th 10 1:30 am

Having the last of the Yixing Red I have from the Mandarins Tea Room. Sadly this also means the last of all the Red tea I have on hand, I will be watching this thread for many more idea's for places to get red teas.

User avatar
Nov 22nd 10 6:16 am
Posts: 4583
Joined: Apr 1st 09 4:48 am
Location: Bangkok

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by Tead Off » Nov 22nd 10 6:16 am

Thurbo 1st flush Oolong. Is it really different from other 1st flush Darjeelings? Certainly nothing like a Chinese oolong either in taste, aroma, or visually inspecting the leaf. But, exceptionally delicious. Organic.
Thurbo 1st flush Oolong.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Nov 23rd 10 5:48 am
Posts: 4583
Joined: Apr 1st 09 4:48 am
Location: Bangkok

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by Tead Off » Nov 23rd 10 5:48 am

Turzum 2nd flush Organic. Great color, leaves, and, muscatel flavor. One of the best 2nd flush teas I've had this season.
Turzum 2nd flush.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Nov 23rd 10 6:08 am
Vendor Member
Posts: 1521
Joined: Nov 13th 09 3:16 pm
Location: Guilin, Guangxi China

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by IPT » Nov 23rd 10 6:08 am

I'm drinking some Yixing HongCha. Yummy!

Nov 23rd 10 11:14 pm
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th 09 5:49 pm
Location: Nor Cal

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by NOESIS » Nov 23rd 10 11:14 pm

Tead Off wrote:Turzum 2nd flush Organic. Great color, leaves, and, muscatel flavor. One of the best 2nd flush teas I've had this season.
Agreed. That's an excellent 2nd flush darj. I got mine from Tea Emporium. :wink:

Currently sipping some Imperial Mojiang Golden Bud Yunnan from YS. Drinking it western-style this afternoon, but seems to perform best in my 100ml gaiwan, using gongfu.

Nov 24th 10 12:16 am
Posts: 1503
Joined: Mar 19th 06 5:42 pm
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: On the couch

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by Proinsias » Nov 24th 10 12:16 am

Yunnan Red Cloud from Postcard Teas for the past few days. Nothing spectacular but a really nice red tea for the price. One of the few teas that has gotten a great reaction from non tea heads: my wife, dad and a few friends. Some notes reminiscent of Tim's jin jun mai but without the expense, and much of the flair.

I've been brewing it in a gaiwan but I think I'll stick the last of it into my qimen pot when I get a chance.

User avatar
Nov 24th 10 5:39 am
Posts: 4583
Joined: Apr 1st 09 4:48 am
Location: Bangkok

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by Tead Off » Nov 24th 10 5:39 am

Darjeeling Gopaldhara 2nd flush Wonder Tea. Ever see 2nd flush leaves that looked like this? As you can imagine, tastes more like a 1st flush with all those frosty haired leaves.
Gopaldhara 2nd flush Wonder Tea.jpg
Gopaldhara 2nd flush Wonder tea wet.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nov 28th 10 7:33 am
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th 09 5:49 pm
Location: Nor Cal

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

by NOESIS » Nov 28th 10 7:33 am

Darjeeling FF Singbulli Estate. Very well balanced cup.