Okay, this is a weird question, but I thought I'd ask anyways.
Have you ever eaten a tea leaf? Not the little bits that escape your gaiwan, but a whole, infused leaf?
I ask because, giddy with caffeine on an empty stomach, I ate a leaf of the Dong Ding I had just had a rather lengthy session with. It actually wasn't that bad, all things considered.
Okay, I'm done being weird now. : )
May 26th, '11, 02:23
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd, '06, 00:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Re: Chewing tea leaves
It Japan it is considered wasteful to dispose of used gyokuro leaves!
They're grrrreat!
They're grrrreat!
Re: Chewing tea leaves
I wonder what the nutritional value of tealeaves is... They can't be bad for you... I bet they are actually good for you in some way...
Re: Chewing tea leaves
The taste of this particular Dong Ding reminded me a bit of spinach.
I wonder if one would get any boosting effects from chewing on tea leaves, similarly to chewing on cocoa leaves or qat leaves.
I wonder if one would get any boosting effects from chewing on tea leaves, similarly to chewing on cocoa leaves or qat leaves.