Jul 21st, '11, 07:40

Forgot my tea strainer!

by BBretschneider » Jul 21st, '11, 07:40

Hello everybody,

My name is Bill, and this is my first post on the forum.
Every morning I grab my "Perfect Tea Tumbler" which is essentially just a thermos with a strainer on the inside. I cleaned it out last night and forgot the strainer part :X. I am currently in the office and can't go a morning without my tea. I really would prefer not to use the free tea bag tea that is available here. We have coffee filters :? but I would prefer not to use them if possible. Does anybody have any suggestions of what I could do or use in place of the tea strainer?

My tumbler is similar to this
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/54 ... 2405032000

Please somebody help! I need my tea fix :X

Regards,
Bill

Jul 21st, '11, 13:34

Re: Forgot my tea strainer!

by hopeofdawn » Jul 21st, '11, 13:34

Something I've used in a pinch when I forgot my tea thermos/strainer--if your office provides coffee cups with the plastic 'sippy cup' lids that are supposed to prevent spilling, you can take a coffee cup, put your leaf in it, fill it with hot water and snap the lid on top, then pour your brewed tea into your thermos through the hole in the lid. I call it my tea camoflauge. :)

This works better with larger leaf teas, of course, but even with sencha the hole should strain most of the leaf bits out. If your office doesn't have those kinds of cups, maybe you can beg/buy an empty cup/lid from a nearby coffee stand? :)

Jul 21st, '11, 14:36

by gargoylekitty » Jul 21st, '11, 14:36

Looking at it, is it the type that you leave the leaves in the thermos or does it give you a way to take them out before drinking? Either way, depending on what you're drinking, I'd just cup brew, teeth make an alright strainer.

Jul 22nd, '11, 10:08

by BBretschneider » Jul 22nd, '11, 10:08

Thank you for the replies!

I didn't read them in time however, so yesterday I went tea-less until i arrived at my house. Those are some good Ideas though! The coffee lid probably would have worked very well, as one of the teas that I have purchased is a longer cut black tea.

Thanks again!
Bill

Jul 10th, '19, 03:22

by LindaValdez » Jul 10th, '19, 03:22

hopeofdawn wrote: Something I've used in a pinch when I forgot my tea thermos/strainer--if your office provides coffee cups with the plastic 'sippy cup' lids that are supposed to prevent spilling, you can take a coffee cup, put your leaf in it, fill it with hot water and snap the lid on top, then pour your brewed tea into your thermos through the hole in the lid. I call it my tea camoflauge. :)

This works better with larger leaf teas, of course, but even with sencha the hole should strain most of the leaf bits out. If your office doesn't have those kinds of cups, maybe you can beg/buy an empty cup/lid from a nearby coffee stand? :)
I also often forget to bring a filter, you can simply find a cup lid. This is a very simple filter. I really appreciate the solution using sippy cup, you can even drink tea directly through the straw.

+ Post Reply