Sun/Mon TeaDay 10/16-17/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Something fun, tea related, and a mystery as well. Please see the photo and share what you think it might be? This "came into my possession" yesterday.

YES, I know what it is
2
14%
Hm, I believe I know
1
7%
Maybe
3
21%
Not likely
3
21%
Definitely not, more clues please
5
36%
Other
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 14

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 5:19 am
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

Sun/Mon TeaDay 10/16-17/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by Chip » Oct 16th 11 5:19 am

Welcome everyone to a new TeaDay! After a couple days of impromptu hiatus ... and a much needed break, TeaDay is back.

So, please stop in and share what is in your cup with us throughout the day. Also be sure to check out the discussion topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. Something fun, tea related, and a mystery as well. Please see the photo and share what you think it might be? This "came into my possession" yesterday.


Image

We are looking forward to sharing this TeaDay with everyone. Bottoms up.

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 11:32 am
Posts: 468
Joined: Aug 6th 10 7:45 am
Location: Norway

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by Nenugal » Oct 16th 11 11:32 am

Could it be a teapot stand?
Later today I'll open a bag of kuradashi gyokuro super premium from Hibiki-an; my first kuradashi.

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 12:23 pm
Posts: 1796
Joined: Sep 15th 09 8:11 pm
Location: Wilton, New Hampshire USA
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by JBaymore » Oct 16th 11 12:23 pm

I have it! It is an object made of clay that has been fired. :wink:

best,

.........john

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 3:30 pm
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by Chip » Oct 16th 11 3:30 pm

... yes, "It is an object made of clay that has been fired."

But there is much more to it than that. :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen:

About to begin the TD with sencha, but I will not be using this object!

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 3:35 pm
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by Chip » Oct 16th 11 3:35 pm

Another clue ...

Image

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 4:05 pm
Posts: 2228
Joined: Jul 22nd 09 2:55 pm
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by AdamMY » Oct 16th 11 4:05 pm

Not improving on John's idea by much, but really right now my only guess is A test fire disk of some clay for an SO.

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 4:33 pm
Vendor Member
Posts: 1518
Joined: Nov 13th 09 3:16 pm
Location: Guilin, Guangxi China

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by IPT » Oct 16th 11 4:33 pm

I know what it is. It is a ceramic pirate's eyepatch. Aaaarrrgghh!

Today I am drinking some old faded green tea from last year. I have a sinus infection and cannot taste anything, so I do not want to waste good tea, but still need my caffeine fix. :cry:
Last edited by IPT on Oct 16th 11 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 4:41 pm
Posts: 5896
Joined: Jan 10th 10 9:04 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by debunix » Oct 16th 11 4:41 pm

I like Adam's guess. Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is those disks you put in the bottom of a pot to prevent water from boiling too vigorously....

Starting the TeaDay with some Tai Ping Hou Kui from Norbu, as I am between senchas at this time, and trying to decide which to open next....and then come the puerhs, because I have several new ones.

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 5:20 pm
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by Chip » Oct 16th 11 5:20 pm

... nope nope nope ... maybe the flip side of the coin will help? :idea:

Image

... or maybe not ... :mrgreen:

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 5:33 pm
Vendor Member
Posts: 1518
Joined: Nov 13th 09 3:16 pm
Location: Guilin, Guangxi China

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by IPT » Oct 16th 11 5:33 pm

A Pog?

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 5:45 pm
Posts: 468
Joined: Aug 6th 10 7:45 am
Location: Norway

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by Nenugal » Oct 16th 11 5:45 pm

Chataku?

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 5:52 pm
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by Chip » Oct 16th 11 5:52 pm

IPT wrote:A Pog?
A pog for tea lovers? Maybe ... not. But an interesting idea ... :idea:
Nenugal wrote:Chataku?
Nope, but might become one ... due to probable obsolescence, the state, process, or condition of being or becoming obsolete.
. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 6:55 pm
Posts: 2228
Joined: Jul 22nd 09 2:55 pm
Location: Capital of the Mitten
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by AdamMY » Oct 16th 11 6:55 pm

How the heck did the bottom fall out of your Nerikome of Goodwill?


I thought it looked sort of like that, but the edges look so perfect!

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 7:05 pm
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by Chip » Oct 16th 11 7:05 pm

AdamMY wrote:How the heck did the bottom fall out of your Nerikome of Goodwill?


I thought it looked sort of like that, but the edges look so perfect!
What? You mean this kyusu?

Image

User avatar
Oct 16th 11 7:18 pm
Posts: 135
Joined: Sep 26th 11 8:15 pm
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Sunday TeaDay 10/16/11 Mystery object of TeaRelations?

by Jspigs » Oct 16th 11 7:18 pm

Perhaps a coaster for a teacup or the like? I voted that I believe I know.

EDIT: On second thought perhaps the lid to something tea related?