It taste like herb tea. Quite sweet. I can accept the taste from the first sip. No disgusting feeling or taste. The poop doesn't stink or melt (lucky... phew).






They put the poop on the filter, and pour the water through it. So it was touch and go. Then when the poop flavor has gone down, they soaked it.Drax wrote:Huh, that looks like a filtration system of some sort...? Sort of like a buchner funnel?
Do you just pour the water into the funnel and then it drips down into the glass receptacle?
Either way, thanks for sharing! The topic of poo tea has come up before, and it's always great to have more pictures to see...!
I love poop coffee toobagua7 wrote:Don't complain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_d624gA ... re=related
Kopi luwak.
Not exactly tea...and apparently delicious
Roasting? What poop tea are you drinking? There's no roasting involved - just straight from the bug's anus.gingkoseto wrote:I've got some samples too and should try it soonI was told it's very sweet because honey/sugar is used in its roasting. I've had fried insects before and assume their guts were not cleaned before frying. So I assume the guts of insects are very clean
The one I got is from Guangxi. Quite a few people told me the stuff was roasted dry, mixed with honey/sugar and roasted again. Probably poop tea from some other places are not roasted.MarshalN wrote:Roasting? What poop tea are you drinking? There's no roasting involved - just straight from the bug's anus.gingkoseto wrote:I've got some samples too and should try it soonI was told it's very sweet because honey/sugar is used in its roasting. I've had fried insects before and assume their guts were not cleaned before frying. So I assume the guts of insects are very clean