Porky
New to the forums
Hey all, just found these forums..just got the sampler pack with the glass tea pot...what a cool idea. been drinking regular tea all my life till my mom showed me some british breakfast from republic of tea... loved it and just tried some from Harney and sons, big red sun is great..and now Adagio..love black teas, just trying to figure out what exactly is that taste i dont like in some teas...i think its assam ..anyways, the waters boiling in the kitchen so later
Porky
Porky
Jun 8th, '06, 17:54
Posts: 88
Joined: Jan 16th, '06, 16:02
Location: everywhere
Contact:
peachaddict
Hola! Guten tag! That's about as international as I can get...
Always good to see a new person on zee board. You should also try the kukicha. Definitely the kukicha.
~teaspoon
Always good to see a new person on zee board. You should also try the kukicha. Definitely the kukicha.
~teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"
I am the size of 1 tsp.
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"
I am the size of 1 tsp.
Kukicha has a little more body than your average green tea, I find. It's a little more earthy, not as grassy to me as other Japanese greens like sencha. I think perhaps the term would be "woody" but I'm not sure. I don't know tea terminology. Does that help at all?
~tsp
~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"
I am the size of 1 tsp.
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"
I am the size of 1 tsp.
Jun 12th, '06, 15:38
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 22nd, '06, 20:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Correct me if I am wrong, isn't kukicha available green and roasted. I have the roasted. It is nice in the evening do to low caffeine content...or so I have read. But it has a nice mellow toasty flavor. The unroasted would obviously taste quite different.teaspoon wrote:Kukicha has a little more body than your average green tea, I find. It's a little more earthy, not as grassy to me as other Japanese greens like sencha. I think perhaps the term would be "woody" but I'm not sure. I don't know tea terminology. Does that help at all?
~tsp
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!