The Dragon Tea House recently put up this aged white tea, a Shou Mei.
I'm not too experienced with aged whites -- anybody tried anything like this one before?
Dec 30th 11 3:27 am
Posts: 2794
Joined: Oct 17th 08 1:01 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Re: Aged Shou Mei...?
I've had a shou mei that (was most likely aged)
I got it at a fair price.
It was good. but, I have no experience with this vendor.
I got it at a fair price.
It was good. but, I have no experience with this vendor.
Feb 3rd 12 9:14 pm
Vendor Member
Posts: 2084
Joined: Sep 24th 08 10:38 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Re: Aged Shou Mei...?
I like shou mei of a few years old (haven't had any of very old age yet) and think it remotely resembles oriental beauty. I am not enthusiastic enough to age a lot of whites myself. But overall I like year-old white peony and silver needle better than new ones. Ever since I tasted some past years' whites, I no longer worry about overstocking whites. 